• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Keppel Corporation Shares

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
are traded at $5.70 today. Ho Ching, Lee Boon Yang and Loh Chin Hua have messed up Kep Corp with the corruption scandal in Brazil. But dont let three clowns destroy a good company. Isnt it time to buy Kep Corp shares now? Let the wise investor go in and make a good profit

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
never buy sinkie shares.
you may be right abt SG companies as most companies are govt owned or temasek linked. these companies are subject to govt's manipulation. But i see that Kep Corp has been badly mauled because of transient bad management and. It is under priced now. Kep Corp can buy.

Let us see whether u r rite or i am rite abt Kep Corp

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely can buy now but more a case of catching a falling knife as there will be lower prices...it should mirror the recent oil crisis in 2016 where ot went to 460 plus..do a 2 by 2 matrix consisting of interest rate oil price china and usd to do some forward estimation of global economy

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely can buy now but more a case of catching a falling knife as there will be lower prices...it should mirror the recent oil crisis in 2016 where ot went to 460 plus..do a 2 by 2 matrix consisting of interest rate oil price china and usd to do some forward estimation of global economy
I sense that there is more upside now. It will go up before it will go down. At $5.70, KC is good value to buy

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you may be right abt SG companies as most companies are govt owned or temasek linked. these companies are subject to govt's manipulation. But i see that Kep Corp has been badly mauled because of transient bad management and. It is under priced now. Kep Corp can buy.

Let us see whether u r rite or i am rite abt Kep Corp
after getting busted for going under the table it's going to be tough for the next management and sales team to secure business deals as this kind of business is fraud with bribery and corruption. how to compete above board with the likes of tiongs and gooks playing dirty? future is not bright at all.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
after getting busted for going under the table it's going to be tough for the next management and sales team to secure business deals as this kind of business is fraud with bribery and corruption. how to compete above board with the likes of tiongs and gooks playing dirty? future is not bright at all.
I figure $5.70 is a good buy. Watch KC soar to abt $7

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
partly agree with you. the briberies, corruption, mismanagement of KC are the doings of HC, LBY and LCH. That's why KC is suffering now. But light is at the end of the tunnel and I figure $5.70 is a good buy. Watch KC soar to abt $7
that's an unsubstantiated serious accusation of "buy high sell low" mc hammer pants. you can be sued for that until your pants drop.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never try to catch a falling knife.

During GFC, Keppel drop to 3 plus if I remember correctly. Even if bought at 6 plus on the way up say on basis of Dow theory (higher highs and higher lows) still can make on the way up to 11 plus.

Cheap can become cheaper and expensive can become more expensive. It's mainly about crowd psychology aka herd mentality.

Look at Warren Buffet, bought Apple shares in 2nd and 3rd quarter 2018 and what happened to Apple shares now? Buffet got nerves and patience and most importantly a lot of other people's money to play with (insurance premiums from Berkshire's subsidiaries). The average investor is likely to buy at 5.7, panic and sell at below 4 when pain becomes too much, curse and swear as it rises to above 8!

You have been warned ... ... ...

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
This corruption is way overated bcos that is what is done in 3rd world countries. U have to grease the palms to get things done. If don't do it contracts will go to companies who do. In ah tiong land and ah neh land companies will be happy to grease it. That is the way the world works. The world is not singkieland

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never try to catch a falling knife.

During GFC, Keppel drop to 3 plus if I remember correctly. Even if bought at 6 plus on the way up say on basis of Dow theory (higher highs and higher lows) still can make on the way up to 11 plus.

Cheap can become cheaper and expensive can become more expensive. It's mainly about crowd psychology aka herd mentality.

Look at Warren Buffet, bought Apple shares in 2nd and 3rd quarter 2018 and what happened to Apple shares now? Buffet got nerves and patience and most importantly a lot of other people's money to play with (insurance premiums from Berkshire's subsidiaries). The average investor is likely to buy at 5.7, panic and sell at below 4 when pain becomes too much, curse and swear as it rises to above 8!

You have been warned ... ... ...
your advice can be good. but let us see who is right. My view is that it will go up at least 10%

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
This corruption is way overated bcos that is what is done in 3rd world countries. U have to grease the palms to get things done. If don't do it contracts will go to companies who do. In ah tiong land and ah neh land companies will be happy to grease it. That is the way the world works. The world is not singkieland
one can do whatever he wants dont get caught when doing wrong. KC has been fined US$422m. That was a huge fine.

https://www.straitstimes.com/busine...-in-fines-after-reaching-global-resolution-on

Last edited:

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interest rate=no more upside, china=slow growth trade tariff overdebt esp in property, usd=should correct and go down, oil=down to sideways..what do you expect the shape of the world economy to be in at least the first half of 2019? Below 0.8 nav of 6.30 a better entry about 5.00 and below...

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interest rate=no more upside, china=slow growth trade tariff overdebt esp in property, usd=should correct and go down, oil=down to sideways..what do you expect the shape of the world economy to be in at least the first half of 2019? Below 0.8 nav of 6.30 a better entry about 5.00 and below...
Of cse, entering at $5 is better that entering at $5.70. But now it is $5.70 now and not $5. My view is can get enter at $5.70

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm wondering whether @ckmpd sold her Keppel shares earlier this year:
sammyboy.com/threads/keppel-corp.238404/post-2682349
finance.yahoo.com/quote/BN4.SI/chart?p=BN4.SI
or is she still holding?:tongue:

aiyoh...sold long ago, bought back and sold multiple times. The aim is to buy low, sell high. that's the way to invest. buy low, once meet profit target, sell and reap profits. when price goes down to buy target, buy back the shares. to me, that's the way to invest. now it's is $5.70 and i feel it is time to buy