• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Keppel Corp

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am planning to buy Keppel Corp when it falls below $5. With dotard causing global panic around the markets, there would be lots of buying opportunities.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am planning to buy Keppel Corp when it falls below $5. With dotard causing global panic around the markets, there would be lots of buying opportunities.
good decision to buy kep corp. but u may have to wait for it to go up, come down, go up, come down b4 it ever hit $5

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keppelcorp was a well run company under Lim Chee Onn and was trading at $13. Now it sucks and is at $5.70. Same like Chartered Semi Conductor, SMRT, NOL...they were once good blue chips. But under bad mgmt, they are all gone
Alot of companies are trading below historical highs. Look at creative etc. Now at 5 bucks could be the new normal. Or even 3 bucks is the new normal. Wat about SIA? Singtel? All trading below their historical highs bcos the environment had changed. I would look at keppels competitors. If they are truly better than keppel has even more to drop. I know of those that made a killing when keppel was bought at 3 bucks etc. Keppel is link to singkieland economy. It will not collapse doo easily. Just have to buy low n sell high

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alot of companies are trading below historical highs. Look at creative etc. Now at 5 bucks could be the new normal. Or even 3 bucks is the new normal. Wat about SIA? Singtel? All trading below their historical highs bcos the environment had changed. I would look at keppels competitors. If they are truly better than keppel has even more to drop. I know of those that made a killing when keppel was bought at 3 bucks etc. Keppel is link to singkieland economy. It will not collapse doo easily. Just have to buy low n sell high

So can buy at $5.70? Is $5.70 cheap enough for you?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
So can buy at $5.70? Is $5.70 cheap enough for you?
Ask yrself. Why is it at 5.7? Is it bcos the company is lousy or mgt fuck up? Oil price dropping? Bcos of oil prices go up keppel will go out. If oil prices dropped than keppel will go down

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask yrself. Why is it at 5.7? Is it bcos the company is lousy or mgt fuck up? Oil price dropping? Bcos of oil prices go up keppel will go out. If oil prices dropped than keppel will go down
I already said $5.70 is worth buying. To me this is a temporary drop. I put my money where my mouth is and I bought yesterday. I look forward to sell it much higher. To me $5.70 is low enough and I went it. Of cse some others can wait and hope for $3. To each his or her own

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already said $5.70 is worth buying. To me this is a temporary drop. I put my money where my mouth is and I bought yesterday. I look forward to sell it much higher. To me $5.70 is low enough and I went it. Of cse some others can wait and hope for $3. To each his or her own
Than good for u.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Than good for u.
Thanks. Yes. I am decisive and when I think it is worth gg in, I went in. No need to always hope to buy at the lowest. I bought at $5.70 and if it reaches my profit target I sell. Take profit first and then wait for it to go down to $5+ again and buy back

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Should have sold when it hit $6.80... Temasick deal might be off
2FFFADD8-BA86-4546-B1C4-3332AAFA931E.png

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Four ears ago also that price what for keep saying buy if not go up up up? :rolleyes:
Looks like you dont understand financial investments. An investor has a profit target. Buy low, sell high. It may not be to keep for long term. Buy at $5.71, and if make 10%, within few months, sell, take profits and wait for it to go down and buy again. Within this four yrs, I have bought and sold many times and take much profit. I see KC reaching $7 within the next three months

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ain't touching that crap,if I want the good part of keppel I just buy keppel REIT instead.

Frankly all sinkie companies should just open reits instead,that's the only way they know how to make money,owning property and collecting rental.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ain't touching that crap,if I want the good part of keppel I just buy keppel REIT instead.

Frankly all sinkie companies should just open reits instead,that's the only way they know how to make money,owning property and collecting rental.
You are not wrong. KC is the mother share of K Reit. Have you bought K Reit.

There is strategic consideration for KC too. Will Temasek, take over the loss making Keppel O&M from KC soon? If it does, KC will fly. Investment sometimes require you to take into deeper considerations.

But you are right, to each his own.

As for me, I buy KC to make my money work for me in the short term. I also have long term consideration for KC too. It is a good share to buy for short term and long term, Just like SemCorp Industries

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are not wrong. KC is the mother share of K Reit. Have you bought K Reit.

There is strategic consideration for KC too. Will Temasek, take over the loss making Keppel O&M from KC soon? If it does, KC will fly. Investment sometimes require you to take into deeper considerations.

But you are right, to each his own.

As for me, I buy KC to make my money work for me in the short term. I also have long term consideration for KC too. It is a good share to buy for short term and long term, Just like SemCorp Industries

Sats also worth considering. Need to hold though..