• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Keep Religion and Hijabs out of the Singapore uniformed workforce! Pls sign petition

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
332tgmt.jpg

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petitio...fically_in_the_military_and_security_services

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Keep Religion and Hijabs out of the Singapore uniformed workforce! Pls sign petit

That should be applied to "Singh" as well. no "duts".
And sunday should be a working day like any other day.
And no raya, deepavali, chrismas and chinese new year holidays.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Keep Religion and Hijabs out of the Singapore uniformed workforce! Pls sign petit

Better start a petition to ban ah nehs from drinking after 12 midnight as well.

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal

SBF brothers pls share the link. Thank you!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I expect SBF freedom fighter Tonychat to do a protest outside the Parliament soon wearing a Hijab and demanding equal rights for the Malay women in S'pore..

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Er, what's equal rights for Malay women? Able to have four husbands legally?

Cheers!

.... and demanding equal rights for the Malay women in S'pore..

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank you DPM Teo!

The Government has responded to mounting calls that it allow Muslim women to don the hijab or head scarf in all workplaces, saying that it understands those views but has a responsibility to balance the varied needs of different communities with what is necessary to maintain social harmony in Singapore.

"Government understands these community perspectives, but the Government also has the responsibility to balance all these different community requirements, and keep in mind what we need to maintain overall social harmony," said Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean in a statement on Tuesday.

His comments signal that there may not be a change in stance on allowing frontline public officers and uniform groups to wear the tudung, or hijab, amid growing pressure from various groups to liberalise the policy.

This week a Facebook page called the Singapore Hijab Movement was launched and has garnered 17,991 likes.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Er, what's equal rights for Malay women? Able to have four husbands legally?

Cheers!

I was referring to their unreasonable demands to wear the hijabs at the workplaces which I find it to be bit too silly.. As I said in the past, most Minahs that I know prefers not to wear the hijabs.. Only the minority of them wants to wear it..

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah, true. I think most girls would want to look as best as their shape/bodies can be projected decently in public. The hijab/tudung are more useful for hiding the uglier ones, er, features. Also, I feel the attire worn should be appropriate for the occassion, and religious garbs should only be worn at religious events. It is an issue I think the females within Islam should speak with a louder voice. I can't image a prettyl muslim woman being forced to cover up a beautiful body and face, that's a shame.

Cheers!

I was referring to their unreasonable demands to wear the hijabs at the workplaces which I find it to be bit too silly....... Only the minority of them wants to wear it..

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The wisdom and foresight of Mr Lee Kuan Yew is so striking!!!

cobragold

Alfrescian
Loyal

If they want to use the hijab, woman should not be allowed to drive like in Saudi, and must be covered from head to toe. Just joking.
As the hijab is not a requirement, it should not be allowed to be used in work. If some want to cover the whole face and body how?. Very bad for security, in fact should not be allowed to be in public areas as you do not know who it is or what they are hiding under the baggy clothes. This is how the female bombers blow up targets.
Why spend billions on defense when you allow this to happen in sg.
Many years ago all Muslim girls would be wearing mini skirt etc. now want to cover up all. Want to show that you are more religious now.

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal

the malays have lost their identity. many go middle east, mecca, and get brain washed. they return and want to be arabs.:(:(:(

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the hijab is an excellent head dress for the sniper. for the soldier in the jungle, it can double as a camoflage cover in thick foliage, neck scarf in wet cold nights, head shade under the hot sun, face towel in sweaty moments, etc. it can triple as both a lang jiao/chee bye and kar chng wipe when shit cums a calling. :biggrin:

i recommend that all armed services consider the hijab as a valuable, useful, productive part of the combat uniform.

Last edited: