• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't Quit

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile but you have to sigh,

When care is pressing you down a bit...
By all means pray, and don't you quit.
Success is failure turned inside out,
God's hidden gift in the clouds of doubt.

You never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar.
So trust in the Lord
when you're hardest hit...
It's when things go wrong
that you must not quit!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A Lesson From A Ketchup Bottle

Isn't it amazing the things God uses to teach us a lesson?
I learned to BE STILL from someone, no something:
a bottle of ketchup.

I banged on the top and the sides. It wasn't plastic so I
couldn't squeeze it or rush it short of poking a knife into the
bottle.

I waited and waited for the slow drip of the red stuff on my
fries. My plate had a lot of fries for that ketchup to cover
and to wait would've taken all day.

I banged on the sides again and the top and shook it for all it
was worth.

I didn't have all day.

Suddenly, it came to me, this is how I
am when I ask God for something.

I have a lot to cover and very little time and even less
patience. God, on the other hand, has all the time in the world
and does things in HIS own time and when HE is ready.

I can shake, squeeze, and bang all I want, but the blessing won't
be poured on in my time but in HIS time.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In My Time

My mother had been in assisted living for 2 1/2 years and I was
pretty sure it was time to make the move to a nursing home. The
progression of Alzheimer's was becoming more and more apparent,
plus she was running out of money. There was no way that her
three children (retired, school teacher & disabled, in that
order) could foot the bill, even split three ways.

Even though I'm the youngest, I was in charge of her care. Not
only did my brother and sister trust my judgment, they relied on
it. I started trying to figure out how to get mom started on
Medicaid, but the paperwork was overwhelming and confusing.

I started researching nursing homes on the internet and that was
overwhelming and confusing. It felt like I kept running into
brick walls at every turn. My prayers were "Lord, please help me!
I can't figure this out, and I'm so worried about my mom."

This continued for months, with mom becoming more and more
confused by the day.

I finally made a list of nursing homes to visit and my sister
went with me. When we walked into the very first one, we knew
we'd found her a new home. It was nice, clean and the staff was
kind. We visited three more times just to be sure, but nothing
compared to the first time. Accordingly, we put mom on the
waiting list.

The very next day, I got a call that there was an opening.
However, we had to move mom within 36 hours. I also learned that
there was a social worker in every nursing home to help with the
Medicaid paperwork.

Within 36 hours, my months of worrying came to an end. My mom
was in a wonderful new home, plus she'd been approved for
Medicaid. In her state of dementia, she never knew that she was
in a different place. I'd even found a new home for her cat.

I was driving down the road when it all hit me. I was so
overwhelmed that I had to pull over and cry. All those months I
thought God wasn't answering my prayers, He was. His answer had
been "IN MY TIME." If I had moved her earlier, the nursing home
wouldn't have had the opening.

Just because we don't get the answer we want, doesn't mean God
doesn't answer our prayers. We only think of time as the past,
present and future. God looks down on time and sees it all at
once. My prayers now are very simple:

"Your Will be done, in Your time.

Amen."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Seven Fingers

Have you ever really sat back and realized the things we take
for granted?

I did.

The date was March 20th.

I was at work (I'm a supervisor) training one of my new girls on
a machine. We make speaker covers.

The machine was an air press that trims the part before it is
shipped to major companies.

Unfortunately for me, she wasn't paying attention.

In a split second, my life was changed forever.

I lost three fingers in that accident, on my dominant hand.
The surgeon was able to replant them, but a year later, I lost
my index finger once again.

As it stands now, I may lose the other two as well.

Being a single mother of two girls, it was really tough doing
everyday things that I've come to realize we take for granted;
tying shoes,
changing diapers,
washing dishes with one hand,
sweeping the floors,
drying my hair,
...you get the picture.

I still have seven fingers.

Always remember to count your blessings and to thank GOD for all
that you have, regardless of how small it may seem.

HE has certainly blessed my family and me.
Without HIM, I would have never gotten through this tragedy.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Pennies

You always hear the usual stories of pennies on the sidewalk being a good luck, gifts from angels, etc. This is the first time I've ever heard this twist on the story. Gives you something to think about.

Several years ago, a friend of mine and her husband were invited to spend the weekend at the husband's employer's home. My friend, Arlene, was nervous about the weekend. The boss was very wealthy, with a fine
home on the waterway, and cars costing more than her house.

The first day and evening went well, and Arlene was delighted to have this rare glimpse into how the very wealthy live. The husband's employer was quite generous as a host, and took them to the finest restaurants. Arlene knew she would never have the opportunity to indulge in this kind of extravagance again, so was enjoying herself immensely.

As the three of them were about to enter an exclusive restaurant that evening,the boss was walking slightly ahead of Arlene and her husband.

He stopped suddenly, looking down on the pavement for a long, silent moment.

Arlene wondered if she was supposed to pass him. There was nothing on the ground except a single darkened penny that someone had dropped, and a few cigarette butts.

Still silent, the man reached down and picked up the penny. He held it up and smiled, then put it in his pocket as if he had found a great treasure. How absurd! What need did this man have for a single penny? Why would he even take the time to stop and pick it up?

Throughout dinner, the entire scene nagged at her. Finally, she could stand it no longer. She casually mentioned that her daughter once had a coin collection, and asked if the penny he had found had been of some value.

A smile crept across the man's face as he reached into his pocket for the penny and held it out for her to see. She had seen many pennies before!
What was the point of this?

'Look at it.' He said. 'Read what it says.' She read the words 'United States of America'.

'No, not that; read further.'

'One cent?'

'No, keep reading.''In God we Trust?' 'Yes!'

'And?'

'And if I trust in God, the name of God is holy, even on a coin. Whenever I find a coin I see that inscription. It is written on every single United States coin, but we never seem to notice it! God drops a message right in front of me telling me to trust Him? Who am I to pass it by? When I see a coin, I pray. I stop to see if my trust IS in God at that moment. I pick the coin up as a response to God; that I do trust in Him.

For a short time, at least, I cherish it as if it were gold. I think it is God's way ofstarting a conversation with me. Lucky for me, God is patient and pennies are plentiful!

When I was out shopping today, I found a penny on the sidewalk. I stopped and picked it up, and realized that I had been worrying and fretting in my mind about things I cannot change.

I read the words, 'In God We Trust,' and had to laugh. Yes, God, I get the message.

It seems that I have been finding an inordinate number of pennies in the last few months, but then, pennies are plentiful!

And, God is patient...

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't Rush...Just Trust

When our day is filled with plans
we must remember to stay in his hands.

We must remember that only he can know
how our day will really go.

We must not yield to our own way
but abandon our will to him and pray.

He alone is who we must trust
when we feel the urge to rush.

When we're tired and feel alone
we must take refuge at his throne.

So often things tell us to rush
while there's a gentle voice saying..."just trust"

His love in us yet abounds
through all our ups and all our downs.

So when you leave your house today
remember to ask yourself "Did I pray?"

Remember when life presses you to rush
Take a coin from your pocket and read the words that say "In God We Trust"

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One Drop of Blood

Standing in the courtroom
When I heard how do you plead
the accuser of the brethren was staring at me

He said we've got your number
There is no escape
For here are your transgressions
Your failures and mistakes

He pointed to the corner
Where the scales of justice stood
I saw so many failures there
There was nothing good

And in that very moment
When it seemed all hope was lost
I said I plead the blood of Jesus
And His death upon the cross

One drop of blood
Fell to the scales
It covered my transgressions
For all the times I failed

The enemy was mighty
He came in like a flood
He was defeated by one drop of blood

I stood and watched in silence
As others were brought in
I saw them start to tremble
When they turned and faced their sin

They offered no excuses
They offered no alibis
The truth was overwhelming
And it would not be denied

Their righteousness like filthy rags
And nothing they could say
They bowed their heads in silence
As they were led away

But for the true believers
Each time it was the same
His glory shown around them as
They called upon His name

One drop of blood
Fell to the scales
It covered their transgressions
For all the times they failed

The enemy was mighty
He came in like a flood

No greater sacrifice has any other made
O yes he paid the price
With every drop He gave
One drop of blood
Fell to the scales

The enemy was mighty
He came in like a flood

One drop of blood
Fell to the scales

The enemy was mighty
He came in like a flood

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Even If

Do you at times feel helpless
Like a ship against the tide?
You feel the darkened waters
Constant crashing 'gainst the side?

You're in tumultuous waters
You have been tossed to and fro
Your thoughts are turning frantic
And the tides too strong to row

You're out in the great open
At the mercy of the sea
And suddenly you're feeling
All your inadequecies

Feeling so awfully helpless
Forces out of your control
For they are so much bigger
Without help, affect your soul

There is one force that's greater
That is stronger than the rest
It is our Lord Almighty
For solutions, He's the best

When you're feeling tossed about
And your future's looking bleak
May it be God you call for
And the first one that you seek

For He's the greatest calmer
Greatest peace you'll ever find
When our own understanding
Leads us in these waters blind

He is always there for us
We need give control to Him
And let the Lord take over
When you're just too tired to swim

For He is your protector
Safely carry you ashore
So call on Him and trust
Him Let His love for you outpour

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Everyday

Every day I need you Lord
But this day especially,
I need some extra strength
To face what ever is to be.
This day more than any day
I need to feel you near,
To fortify my courage
And to overcome my fear.

By myself, I cannot meet
The challenge of the hour,
There are times when humans help,
But we need a higher power
To assist us bear what must be borne,
and so dear Lord, I pray -
Hold on to my trembling hand
And be near me today.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Faith--It Can Keep You Going

On Good Friday, 1994, just before midnight, my telephone rang. On the line was my brother, he told me that my 16 year old nephew, Dustin, had just died in a car wreck. Instantly my heart felt like it was in my stomach. My brother told me that there wasn’t any need for me to come down that night and I told him I would see him in the morning. I then told my wife and can remember crying in her arms.

The next morning, as I drove the 22 miles to my hometown, it just felt like a dream. I just kept thinking of my sister and how she must be handling this tragedy. As I walked into the house, I hugged my sister and told her how very sorry I was. As the day went on, I just watched her and her husband and kept thinking of my children, Ryan, who is one and a half months older than Dustin, and my daughter Tara. I couldn’t imagine losing either of them and how would I handle such a situation; they mean so much to me. My brother and I went with my sister to the funeral home to make arrangements; again I thought how hard this is.

The next few days, thru the visitation and funeral, nothing seemed like it was real. I continued to watch my sister and see her torture and worried about her. I knew that she believed in God, but was not a regular churchgoer. As prayers were said, the ones that affected me most were the prayers of healing for my family. My parents were torn up, especially my dad. Dad loves sports and Dustin was a very good basketball player, as my son was a very good baseball player, and my dad loved to watch both of them play.

You often hear of sightings and people hearing from the loved ones passed on. Over the next couple of weeks, my sister’s family experienced this. As I listened and watched their struggle, with the loss of Dustin, I thought a lot about these experiences they were having. I come to my own conclusion that God will open up any avenue possible to help with the healing process that we have asked him for. If it takes sight or sound to help heal and bring comfort in the loss of a loved one, then that is what God will let us have, to be able to begin to heal. I believe that this is what my sister’s family needed to begin to heal.

As the years went by and I watched the struggles of my sister, in dealing with her loss, I often wondered how much she turned to God. I began to notice more healing as she began to share some religious items that seemed to help her. One of the hard things of healing for her was watching my son, Ryan, grow and then go on to college and play baseball, it just made all of us think of what Dustin would be doing. But as time went on I noticed that my sister and her family were coming out of their shell of hurt and that they were opening up more with all of us.

On June 15,2000, my phone rang at 3:30 in the morning, it was my daughter, Tara. She was yelling in the phone, “Dad get over here, Ryan has just killed himself.” I instantly went numb and questioned her and she told me that he had hung himself. I told her I would be right there. I told my wife and then got dressed. Later, I remembered that I didn’t shed a tear at that time, I believe it was because I was in shock.

Once again I was in my car and everything seemed to be a dream. As I drove the 10 miles to Ryan’s apartment, I just kept wondering why? When I arrived my daughter came running up to me and I held her and told her everything would be ok. I went to their mother and asked what had happened. She told me that she had been talking to him and we realized in her talk with him what might have been the trigger mechanism, but if there was any deep emotional problems that we might never know what really caused him to take his life. As we talked to his friends and people that had seen him that night, we realized that if there were deep seeded problems, no one else knew about them, he had been his cheerful self with everyone that night. Only an incident that happened on his way home must have been the start of his anxiety and pain.

As things settled down and I headed back home, I remember thinking why? He had a good job that he really liked, a girlfriend, lots of friends, and had just bought a new car. He had had some tough times, as most kids do, but it seemed like he had just got his life on track and had even seen his future ahead of him. I realized at that point that this is something that could tear me apart, trying to understand why.

As I arrived home, I hugged my wife and we cried. I told her about the circumstances that led up to him taking his life. Somewhere in time, I can’t remember when, my wife told me that this was tearing her up, she couldn’t imagine what it was doing to me, since Ryan was just her stepson. Ryan had lived with us since he was a sophomore in high school and she had grown to love him. She then told me that she had called my brother and he was going to go tell my parents.

I then went out and sat on our back patio, it is very peaceful there, our yard is full of flowers and it is very relaxing. It was then that I spoke to Ryan. I told him that I didn’t understand, but if there was that much anxiety and pain in his life, at that time, I did know that the pain was now gone and it would never bother him again. I told him that I felt he made the wrong decision, but it was his decision and I would somehow learn to live with it. I told him that I would not drive myself crazy trying to understand and that when we met again, he could tell me, or I might not even care at that point in time.

I then turned to Jesus and I was angry. I asked him how could he let my son do this. What had he ever done to deserve this, or was I that bad a parent that this was my punishment? Jesus knew that I believed and that I knew that he guides our lives, but I couldn’t understand this. I was mad and upset and I blamed Jesus for this. All I could do was ask him, “Why?”

As my family started to arrive at my house, my pastor also arrived. As we all gathered in the living room, my pastor said a prayer. In the prayer, he said that we don’t always understand and that now he asked Jesus to start healing our family. As I listened to the words of prayer, I realized that I should not be angry with Jesus, that I was going to have to have his support in helping to take away this terrible pain that I felt. As that first day came to an end, I asked Jesus to forgive me for my anger and to help ease the pain and to maybe give me an answer to the question, “Why?”

It took some time, but as I look back, I realize that Jesus was healing me. It all began the very next day. Before we went to the funeral home for visitation, I felt moved to write a Father’s Day message, since it was that coming Sunday. I didn’t know at the time why I felt so strong about that message, but I realize now that it was a part of my healing process. At the visitation, I gave my message to my pastor to read on Sunday to my church family. The visitation put me in a dream state, nothing seemed real and I would stay that way for awhile.

The next day, at the funeral, everything seemed like a dream. I don’t remember anything that was said. At the end, Ryan’s mom got up and spoke and I don’t remember what she even said. I was to speak after her at the very end and I had no idea what I would say, if I could say anything. As his mom got done, she said there was a song that Tara had picked out to play. I remember listening and at the very start of the song it got my attention. I realized that Jesus was letting me know what my life was going to be like from now on, thru the words of this song.

The chorus was this: “Every step I take, every move I make, every single day, every time I pray, I’ll be missing you. Thinking of the day, that you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I’ll be missing you.” I have a copy of that song and from time to time I will play it. Ryan loved music and I get a feeling of closeness to him when I hear those words.

When the song ended and I stepped up to speak, I was really nervous. I spoke first to his friends and told them that they were still a part of our lives. After I spoke to them, I stepped back from the podium and paused for a second.

Later as my wife and I talked, she said she wasn’t sure what I was going to do, but when I stepped back up to speak, she said she had never heard my voice stronger or steadier. You see, at that point in time, I felt like Ryan wrapped his arms around me and even though I did not hear his voice, that feeling made me feel like he was letting me know that he had heard me and that everything was going to be ok. I also felt the presence of Jesus with me.

I stepped back up to the podium and I explained that I had written a Father’s Day message and had given it to my pastor to read at church the next day, but that I would like to share it with everyone now. I didn’t have the paper in front of me, but I felt that I could remember the words since I had just written them the day before.

I told everyone that this was very important to me and it was my true feelings. This is how it goes: “We are so proud when our children are born and we hold them for the first time. As they grow, especially when they are little, we constantly hold them and remind them that we love them.

As they get older and into school, we are so proud when they get good grades and do well in school. As they begin to play sports, boy can we brag on how good they are. Our children make us so proud of them, even when they have trouble in their lives, we still love them and worry about them.

But one thing that a lot of us fathers do, is as they get older, we don’t always grab them and hug them and tell them that we love them, as often as we should. So on this Father’ s Day, the day that we are supposed to be honored, grab your children, hug them, tell them that you love them, because tomorrow you may not be able to.”

I had a hard time saying the very end of that message, but I was able to and then I went back to my seat in tears. As I sat there, I felt strength grow and some pain go away. I knew that Jesus was working on me and that Ryan was there also. I’ve never felt stronger or more aware then I did at that time.

As we left for the cemetery, my parents were with me in the car and I explained to them how I was feeling. At the cemetery, I felt like I absorbed every word that the minister was saying, it was as if all my senses were awoken. I’ve felt strong ever since.

I feel that one of the reasons Jesus gave me this strength, at the time he did, is because he felt the concern that I had for my parents. I know how hard it was when we lost Dustin and I was really worried about them now. I felt it was important for them to see the strength I had gotten, so they would not worry about me.

The Monday after the funeral, I told my wife that I wanted to go see my parents because I was worried about them. We sat that night and talked about everything and especially how I felt and how strong my religious beliefs and faith was. When we left that night, we got in the car and my wife put her hand on my leg and said that she felt that my parents would be okay, because they were drawing off of my strength.

As time passed by the Lord put in front of me a lot of different poems. All of these poems had religious themes to them and all of them touched me and made me feel better. There are two poems that really touched me. The first one hit on exactly how I was feeling, it’s called: SOMETIMES I WANT TO CRY: “There is love in my sorrow, there is love in my tears. Give me the courage and strength, through the coming years to hold on to yesterday’s memories, so all may know the love in my heart and the love from my soul.

Sometimes I want to cry but if I shed a tear for that precious child no longer near, just know that I need a little time to fight back the tears.....and I’ll be fine. Oh, I want the rainbows but don’t want the storms, I want the roses but I don’t want the thorns. Oh sometimes I want to be weak and lean on you to find comfort and strength in all I say and do. Lord, sometimes I want to cry but if I shed a tear for that precious child no longer near, just know that I need a little time to fight back the tears.... And I’ll be fine.

When I get to heaven and I see my little one, standing before Jesus, God’s only son. I’ll have no need for tears or memories.... For we will be together for eternity. Just to think of that sweet day.... Sometimes I want to cry. The last part of that poem really touches on how I feel it will be like when I leave this earth. I will see my son again and I probably won’t even want to know why things happened, because I will just be glad to see him again.

As I had said earlier, when everything first happened, I asked Jesus Why? The next poem that I found helps me understand that question. It is called: THIS CHILD OF MINE: “I’ll lend you for a little while a child of mine,” God said. “For you to have the while he lives, and mourn for when he’s dead. It may be six or seven years or twenty-two or three; But will you till I call him back take care of him for me?

He’ll bring his charms to gladden you and should his stay be brief, you’ll have his lovely memories as a solace for your grief. I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth must return; But there are lessons taught below I want this child to learn. I’ve looked the whole world over in search for teachers true; And from the throngs that crown life’s land, I have chosen you.

Now will you give him all your love nor think the labor vain? Nor hate me when I come to take this lent child back again? I fancied that I heard them say, “Dear Lord, Thy will be done. For all the joys thy child will bring the risk of grief we’ll run. We’ll shower him with tenderness, we’ll love him while we may. And for the happiness we’ve known forever grateful stay. But should thy angel call for him much sooner than we’ve planned, we’ll brave the bitter grief that comes and try to understand.

After the first time I read that poem, I instantly read it again and realized that Jesus was answering my question. When I read this poem I felt more of the pain lifted from me. I do believe that we are all of God’s children and he can call us home at anytime. As the first Christmas without Ryan got closer, I knew that it would be different without him with us. My heart was heavy, but I knew that I would be surrounded by family and we would all make it thru the holidays, we had done this before.

Once again, Jesus brought a poem to me, this time thru my daughter. She had been touched by this poem and wanted to share it with me. Of all the poems, because of that, this means the most and is once again what I believe.

The poem is called: I’M SPENDING CHRISTMAS WITH JESUS CHRIST THIS YEAR: “ I see the countless Christmas trees, around the world below, with tiny lights, like heaven’s stars, reflecting on the snow.

The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear, for I’m spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year. I hear the many Christmas songs, that people hold so dear, but the sounds of music can’ t compare with the Christmas choir up here. For I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring, for it is beyond description to hear an angel sing. I can’ t tell you of the splendor, or the peace here in this place, can you just imagine Christmas with our Savior, face to face. I’ll ask him to light your spirit, as I tell him of your love, so then pray one for another as you lift your eyes above.

Please let your hearts be joyful, and let your spirit sing, for I’m spending Christmas in heaven, and I’m walking with the King. Jesus has been healing me by bringing poems and people to me, he has surrounded me with a loving family and a loving church family. In doing this, Jesus is healing me by reawakening my faith, spirit and beliefs.

I have always believed that Jesus always has his hands on us and guides us in our life, even in times that we are not aware of. Now, sometimes we may shake his hand off of us and wander, but because we truly believe, we always come back and ask him for forgiveness and he accepts us back, with a lesson learned. I believe that Jesus guided me back a number of years ago, back into his house that I had wandered away from.

He did this to renew my faith, because he knew what I would one day be facing and he was preparing me for this time in my life. I do understand that no matter how tragic our life can be, you cannot afford to turn your back and close your heart to Jesus, no matter how upset you may be at the time.

You need to face him, open your arms to him and open your heart, so he can enter into your spirit. Without that, it can be almost impossible to face your grief alone. He heals all of us in different ways, but he will heal us when we ask, we just have to truly believe. He has taken the terrible pain from my heart and made me stronger. The thoughts and memories of Ryan are those that bring a smile to my face and make me glad that I had him with me as long as I did.

Because Jesus has renewed my faith, I was able to answer a question once asked of me about Ryan going to heaven even though he committed suicide. I believe that it was a sin, but my Savior is a loving and forgiving Savior.

He died for our sins and showed us that as long as we believe that he will forgive us and let us be by his side in heaven. I know that Ryan believed. When I was approached, by a friend, and given his condolences, he said that he had been hearing good things about how I was doing.

He said that I must have someone upstairs watching over me. I told him that I had two people watching over me, Jesus and Ryan. After he walked away, I realized that I had on a chain that had been Ryan’s as a symbol of his arms around me.

As soon as I got off work, I went to the jewelry store and bought a cross and put on the necklace, I’ve never taken the chain off since. Jesus has also strengthened my spiritual gift. When I took a test, to see what my gift was, before I started I wrote what I thought my spiritual gift was.

I wrote, “The ability to make people feel good about themselves and life.” When I took the test, it come back that my spiritual gift was Encouragement. By Jesus strengthening my spiritual gift, it has helped me to remain strong for my family. It has allowed me to open myself up to people to show them how my faith has helped me heal.

It has allowed me to share the poems and thoughts that I have, not in a way to look for sympathy, but to give encouragement to people that may be going thru the same circumstances that I am. T

hat maybe my story will be an inspiration to them, so that they can start their healing process and understand that they are not alone. They can see that Jesus is working with me and thru me, to make me strong and face my circumstance.

Now, there is still an ache in my heart, not a terrible pain, but an ache. I believe that Jesus will not touch that ache, it is there because I have lost my son and it will be with me till I meet him in heaven one day.

So when I shed a tear, it is not of pain, but because I am at a point, that I really miss Ryan. They are tears of Selfishness and Jealousy. Jesus understands and I’ll explain them so you can understand.

Tears of selfishness--Ryan is not only a child of God, but he is my son. I am selfish, in the fact, that I want him here with me, not at the side of God. I miss him, he should be walking thru my door, wanting to play golf or showing me something he has gotten or just stopping by to say hi.

He belongs here with me. Tears of jealousy--I’m jealous of Jesus. I believe that heaven is the most beautiful place we will ever see. I believe that it is full of love, joy and happiness. I believe that the very special things that we enjoy on earth, we get to do in heaven. For instance, I love to play golf.

When I get to play heaven’s golf course, Jesus will let me be so good, that even Tiger Woods won’t be able to get on the same course with me. So when I say I’m jealous of Jesus, it’s because he is getting to do what I loved to do. Jesus is playing with and watching Ryan play baseball.

Right now, Jesus is up to bat and Ryan is on the pitching mound and he has that smile on his face, that he always had, because he knows that he is about to pitch his best pitch, a curveball to Jesus. That is why I’m jealous of Jesus.

Now Jesus knows and understands all the feelings that I have. I know that Jesus will always be there for me and that he will keep working for and with me. Jesus will keep his arms on me and continue to guide me. The one thing that I truly understand: Faith--it can keep you going

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
3D

When I took my kids to see a 3D movie, I was blown away with how
the glasses altered my vision.

Not like I expected though.

I was not overly impressed with the 3D effects in the movie
itself; what really surprised me was what happened when I exited
the theater.

When I came out of the theater and removed my 3D glasses,
I experienced the greatest parable of life.

"Life is how we view it."

After wearing glasses where one lens was red and the other was
blue, my eyes had adjusted to the colors.

Now with my naked eyes, out of one eye the world had a blue tint
and out of the other eye the world had a red tint.

I could not believe my eyes, I had never heard of that
phenomenon before. I rubbed my eyes and closed one eye and
alternated them over and over. Everything looked redder, then
everything looked bluer, over and over.

I had enough scientific knowledge and common sense to know the
whole world was not changing colors, timed perfectly to the
instant I shut one eye and opened the other.

This was the most altered my vision had ever been, yet it was
perhaps the clearest I had ever seen the world.

I now saw the argument between the optimist and the pessimist
solved, it depends on which eye you have open.

In your life, do you focus on those who have more than you or
those who are less fortunate than you?

Do you focus on how bad your job is or that you have a job?

Do you focus on the smallness of your closet and house, or do
you see that you have so many clothes you don't have room to
store them?

What eye are you looking out of?

If you want the world to look differently, it may be easier for
you to open the other eye than to paint the world.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Theater

A villager came to the big city for the first time in his life.

He was amazed at the many wonders in the big city. He wanted to
buy something to bring back to his village. Most of the items
needed electrical connection and his village didn't even have
any electricity. He was delighted when he found a flashlight.

He bought the flashlight, which fascinated him every time he
pushed the switch and a bright light came on.

As he continued on his way, he noticed people waiting in line.
He inquired what this line was for and was told that they were
waiting to enter a theater where there was a movie playing.

He had no idea what a movie was, but decided to wait in line
too. He paid for a ticket and was ushered into a dark room.
After a little while, a picture started playing. He was
fascinated to see the beautiful scenery and all the action on
the screen.

Then he remembered the flashlight in his pocket.

"I will shine the flashlight on the picture, so I will see it
even better." He took out the flashlight and shone it straight
at the screen, but to his amazement the picture became faded.

From all sides people started shouting that he should turn off
the light!

"But I only wanted to get a better view of the picture," he said
to the one sitting next to him.

"Don't you know? Here, we see only in the dark!"
replied his neighbor.

The moral of the parable:
The same is in the theater of this world. Many of the pleasures
and values which people pursue have value only because we find
ourselves in spiritual darkness. When we bring spiritual light
into our lives, these values and pleasures fade, for they are
only imaginary and temporary.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
FATHER'S ABC'S

Always trust your children to God's care.

Bring them to church.

Challenge them to high goals.

Delight in their achievements.

Exalt the Lord in their presence.

Frown on evil.

Give them love.

Hear their problems.

Ignore not their childish fears.

Joyfully accept their apologies.

Keep their confidence.

Live a good example before them.

Make them your friends.

Never ignore their endless questions.

Open your heart to their love.

Pray for them by name.

Quicken your interest in their spirituality.

Remember their needs.

Show them the way of salvation.

Teach them to work.

Understand they are still young.

Verify your statements.

Wean them from bad company.

eXpect them to obey.

Yearn for God's best for them.

Zealously guide them in Bible truth.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Humility

If I have any special gifts or talents,
it is because God gave them to me?

If I worked hard to develop any skills or strengths,
it is through the circumstances that God has afforded me?

What right then do I have to consider myself any better than my
neighbor?

What do I own that is truly mine?
What do I own that is not from God?

Humility is a very Christian ideal.

We hear a lot about love, respect, pride and equality,
which are good things; however, humility is not praised nearly
enough.

Maybe because it's boring;
maybe because it doesn't lend itself to attention

But remember that it is humility that allows us to admit we are
sinners and that we need Jesus Christ.

The Beauty of Humility:
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death
even death on a cross!
Philippians 2:5-8

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Father Are You There?

A little child lay in the dark;
The room was strange, he saw nowhere,
He was afraid; but then he called,
"Father, are you there?"

He felt a hand, so strong and warm,
Close clasping his: then calm and clear
He heard his father's tender voice,
"Yes, Lad, I am here."

Like the small child, we sometimes feel
That we are in the dark of care;
In terror of some harm, we call,
"O Father, are You there?"

We reach are hand to Him, and find
A blessed answer to our fear;
His hand holds ours; we hear His voice,
"Fear not, for I am here."

So though we tremble in the dark,
In need of strength and help and cheer,
We have a tender Father's word,
"Fear not, for I am here."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is This True?
==================
A subscriber wrote about a particular Christian type story :
Is this true? and....all these wonderful stories I read every day,
are they true or just 'parables'? Thank you.

The reply:
To be honest, I don't know if this particular story is true.
The writer submitted it to us quite some time ago and often we
can't verify a particular story's truth. Even when the writer
sends it to us, we don't actually "know" if it's true.

I do know from personal experience the magnificent orchestration
of God. Often the truth of how God works is more miraculous than
fictional stories.

I say truth because humans rarely know everything that happens,
we only see the viewable results that we understand. We don't
even know what happened behind the scenes and the total plan.

If we could see the angels, and yes even the demons, we would be
amazed by everyday life. You can't believe in angels without
believing in the demonic too; the battles are constant on our
behalf. If we could only see the stories that we do read would
most likely pale by comparison to the actual protection that
surrounds us all.

So no, I don't know whether some stories are true, I do know we
are in a great epic and the best and worst is yet to come.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Follow The Path

Come; follow the path to the cross,
Where the Savior paid for you;
And although the journeys not easy,
You'll find eternal life, if you do.

The path it has many a cross road,
From the straight path do not stray;
For going along down a cross road,
You can easily lose your way.

Remember the Saviors footprints,
Have been down this pathway before;
Just follow along and you'll find,
He's walking the pathway once more.

Let Him guide and show you the pathway,
Through life as you travel along;
Just follow wherever He leads you,
You'll never be lead into wrong.

For the cross is our savior's redemption,
The place where He gives life to you;
The place where you gain Gods forgiveness,
The doorway of heaven for you.

So follow the path of The Savior,
He's waiting there just for you;
He holds in His hands your redemption,
And Gods forgiveness to you.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Stupid Fix

Below is an actual e-mail from my brother, James, the computer
engineer. He has provided me with countless hours of major help
and technical support with my publications.

Tonight, he was having problems getting his organizer to
synchronize with his desktop computer. We both have one of
those high tech organizers with a phone, pager, organizer, web
browser, e-mail and other stuff all built in. He couldn't get
it to transfer data to his desktop computer, something that he
had been doing for months.

"It just stopped working," he said.

I asked him various questions and he said of course he'd checked
that. I asked him if he checked the USB cord.

"Of course," he said.

You must be fairly computer literate to understand and
appreciate this, but if you are, you will get the meaning.

Below is his e-mail to me:
-----------------------------------------------

Subject: Stupid Fix

It's been awhile since I've had one of these, but this was one
of those fixes where you are just ashamed to mention.

After rebooting 40 times and installing new patches and software
and uninstalling and reinstalling them. I had checked to make
sure that USB cord was in good and had moved it to different
slots on the hub.

I finally realized that the whole USB hub was unplugged!

My printer and mouse were plugged straight into the USB ports on
the computer, so even though I had four other devices plugged in
to the USB hub I wasn't using them and the green lights
were all on.

You told me it sounded like a USB problem, next time just tell
me it sounds like a USB hub problem!
-----------------------------------------------

Life is often like that. The solution to our seemingly
unsolvable and super complicated problem is really very simple.

We just can't see the answer - a basic connection is unplugged.

We aren't stupid, we are looking for far more complicated
solutions.

1. "I'm sorry."
2. "I love you."
3. "Forgive me."
4. "You were right."
5. "Maybe mama was right."
6. "I'll just let it go."
7. "It's not really that important."
8. "It's just ego, I'm acting like a baby."
9. "Let me just calm down."
10."Let me look at it from their point of view."

These are ten things that may help us see a simple solution to
what has been looking like an overly complicated problem.

We are often not connecting and the fix is simple, but we have
to do the plugging up.

It's not a stupid fix, anything that fixes something isn't
stupid.

Overlooking an unplugged connection, that's an oversight.

Refusing to make a needed connection, now that's stupid.

Check your connections.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Forgiveness

A letter written to a man on death row by the Father of the man whom the man on death row had killed:

You are probably surprised that I, of all people, am writing a letter to you, but I ask you to read it in its entirety and consider its request seriously. As the Father of the man whom you took part in murdering, I have something very important to say to you.

I forgive you. With all my heart, I forgive you. I realize it may be hard for you to believe, but I really do. At your trial, when you confessed to your part in the events that cost my Son his life and asked for my forgiveness, I immediately granted you that forgiving love from my heart. I can only hope you believe me and will accept my forgiveness.

But this is not all I have to say to you. I want to make you an offer -- I want you to become my adopted child. You see, my Son who died was my only child, and I now want to share my life with you and leave my riches to you. This may not make sense to you or anyone else, but I believe you are worth the offer. I have arranged matters so that if you will receive my offer of forgiveness, not only will you be pardoned for your crime, but you also will be set free from your imprisonment, and your sentence of death will be dismissed. At that point, you will become my adopted child and heir to all my riches.

I realize this is a risky offer for me to make to you -- you might be tempted to reject my offer completely -- but I make it to you without reservation.

Also, I realize it may seem foolish to make such an offer to one who cost my Son his life, but I now have a great love and an unchangeable forgiveness in my heart for you.

Finally, you may be concerned that once you accept my offer you may do something to cause you to be denied your rights as an heir to my wealth. Nothing could be further from the truth. If I can forgive you for your part in my Son's death, I can forgive you for anything. I know you never will be perfect, but you do not have to be perfect to receive my offer. Besides, I believe that once you have accepted my offer and begin to experience the riches that will come to you from me, that your primary (though not always) response will be gratitude and loyalty.

Some would call me foolish for my offer to you, but I wish for you to call me your Father.

Sincerely,
The Father of Jesus.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Friendship

It all started so innocently. We met as strangers, thrown together by fate. Some of you grew up with me, others I have only known a short while. Some of you I have hugged constantly over the years, and others I met at a time when hugging was 'un-cool', and it has stayed that way, though the times have changed around us.

Some of you I have not yet met in person. Every one of you has enriched my life. You have helped to teach me, to guide me on this often turning and forking road of life. You have been with me through the good times and the bad. You have comforted me when I cried, held me when I was afraid, and laughed with me when I was happy.

And now we are in college. And though the distance between us is not great, it is great enough. I am no longer afraid to reach out and hug you, in fact I long to do it.

You had walked with me for so long that I was afraid to venture on alone. Yet even as I feared the dark of night, along came others to help me on my journey, in hopes that I would walk with them so they need not journey on alone. They picked up where you left off, and now they are no longer strangers.

Who are you? You might be my brother, my sister, my cousin, an old acquaintance or a new one. But first and foremost, I call you friend. And I miss you if you are away, and if you are here, then I thank you for standing by my side.

And so I send you this, so that you might know that someone, somewhere, is thinking of you, praying for you, and loving you. And that person is me. May God grant you peace and happiness in your times of trial, and watch over you, so that one day we will meet again