• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Johor Property Market Crashing After HSR Cancelled! All Because Singapore Will Not Allow Jiuhu Bumi Cronyism!!!

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether they do the right or wrong things, time will tell. Jfi, the unit i bought is not cheap. Yet SOLD OUT! But still cheaper than Sinkie pigeon hole. Right or wrong move depend on individual. I Bought it for retirement and also for my children/grand children. 500k not possible considering the fact ringgit is now 3:1. Unlike those days 2:1. So only a stupid garment will not raise the threshold. 1 million still cheap compared to Penang. U said anyone can buy properties in other countries. Sure...but are they FREEHOLD?

https://samchoong.com/cheaper-properties-now-available-foreigners-penang/
Malaysia are very nice to Singaporeans to allow us to buy freehold property in their country. Maybe they understand that Singaporeans has no land to own property so allow us to buy it. So nice.

And yet there are pple here bashing malaysia dunno for what. Psy op by PAP is it. trying to sway opinion to think sg is always good and malaysia is always bad. so naive.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
There won't be any HSR (domestic or to Singapore) with the current government. Everyday, Muhyiddin is already fighting for his own survival in his party. For the HSR to Singapore to be revitalized again, Najib has to come back first.
No need to HSR to Sg, until JB is enough. It is their own country infrastructure, it has nothing to do with SG.

If sgreans want to try the HSR to KL, go JB and take the train. Still the same.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johor itself is not a good
No need to HSR to Sg, until JB is enough. It is their own country infrastructure, it has nothing to do with SG.

Yes, go JB take HSR take even better. Or they can arrange a transport to pick passenger from jurong to Puteri Harbor. The transport will have priority over the jam.

Isn't it good? They still Get Singaporean to go over and spend?

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, go JB take HSR take even better. Or they can arrange a transport to pick passenger from jurong to Puteri Harbor. The transport will have priority over the jam.

I say Malaysia is smart.

If they partner with Sg, there are so many crappy things to deal with. Moreover, the train has to go over the sea ( with a newly built rail line, i presume) from sg to jb, this is ridiculous. There is a lot of cost to bear for having a train to go over the sea.

By doing away with Sg, Malaysia will save a lot of money, extra work, energy and unnecessary issues.

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why i say Malaysia is smart.

If they partner with Sg, there are so many crappy things to deal with. Moreover, the train has to go over the sea from sg to jb, this is ridiculous. There is a lot of cost to bear for having a train to go over the sea.

By doing away with Sg, Malaysia will save a lot of money, extra work, energy and unnecessary issues.
The HSR is still good to go. They should have all the way from Johore to the border of Thailand.

Darn these self righteous Singaporean for Being dumb. When HSR is to build into Singapore, with Singapore's very liberal employment policy, people from all over Malaysia can cross over here and walk all over Singapore and Singaporean during the day and go back at night.

Plus they rent house in johor or KL. 5 days work week. Higher salary and comfortable living. What's there to stop these people? Who is going on the losing side?

Plus Singaporean do NOT enjoy any special privilege business right in other nations specially in Malaysia.
Why are we selling our rights out and we didn't get any thing comfortable in return?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

No need for HSR domestically. The KTM is already fully electrified from Gemas to Padang Besar (Thai border). Work in progress now for electrifying the section between Gemas to JB. Once, this is completed, it will take half the time to travel to KL from JB via the electrified KTM as compared to driving. Also, the construction costs are significantly cheaper than the HSR, leading to more affordable fares for the commuters.

HSR is only beneficial for huge population like China. Malaysia really doesn't need it for the next 50 years.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysia are very nice to Singaporeans to allow us to buy freehold property in their country. Maybe they understand that Singaporeans has no land to own property so allow us to buy it. So nice.

And yet there are pple here bashing malaysia dunno for what. Psy op by PAP is it. trying to sway opinion to think sg is always good and malaysia is always bad. so naive.

Yes. Msia accomodate Sinkies. But being kiasi, kiasu and greedy, Sinkies want the sky. Fm 500k to 1 million ringgit threshold, now they complained Msia discouraged foreigners fm investing tere. Wheres the logic? I mean nobody is forcing u to buy. Wah...FREEHOLD LANDED. Yet want to have cheap cheap.

Oh yes. Sinkies love to bash Msia. They will say JB a very dangerous place. Robbery 24/7. But i been tere so many times. Not once been robbed. :smile: Alhamdullillah!

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The land law was inherited from the British law. And so it's no issue as many investors are comfortable with British common law.

Yes. Once to the BRT between woodlands and JB is completed ktm train can take you to KL in 3 hours.

The reason why if HSR proceed, it will terminate at tanjung puteri, is to give PAP a option on how to connect it to jurong. Either by MRT or just extend the HSR. I believe the horrendous cost of linking to jurong was the deal breaker. Plus PAP more or less dictating KL where the HSR should stop and its route.
If they partner with Sg, there are so many crappy things to deal with. Moreover, the train has to go over the sea ( with a newly built rail line, i presume) from sg to jb, this is ridiculous. There is a lot of cost to bear for having a train to go over the sea.

No need for HSR domestically. The KTM is already fully electrified from Gemas to Padang Besar (Thai border). Work in progress now for electrifying the section between Gemas to JB. Once, this is completed, it will take half the time to travel to KL from JB via the electrified KTM as compared to driving. Also, the construction costs are significantly cheaper than the HSR, leading to more affordable fares for the commuters.

HSR is only beneficial for huge population like China. Malaysia really doesn't need it for the next 50 years.

Nobody in PAP mentioned how much tickets will cost. This asset co that will manage the HSR will not have the investors nor commuters interest at heart. Its their interest that comes first.
KL ERL trains running to KL airport at 160km/ hr have been operating for 20 over years with no issues except ticket prices which have increased to RM55 per trip.excessive in my opinion.
But based on the cost, expect KL to sinkie tickets to cost about RM400 per trip or more if it had gone ahead.cheaper to fly. Thats why high speed rail makes no economic sense in the most free market, the US.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody in PAP mentioned how much tickets will cost. This asset co that will manage the HSR will not have the investors nor commuters interest at heart. Its their interest that comes first.
KL ERL trains running to KL airport at 160km/ hr have been operating for 20 over years with no issues except ticket prices which have increased to RM55 per trip.excessive in my opinion.
But based on the cost, expect KL to sinkie tickets to cost about RM400 per trip or more if it had gone ahead.cheaper to fly. Thats why high speed rail makes no economic sense in the most free market, the US.
I am not referring to the cost of the tickets. i am referring to the cost of building ( that malaysia has to bear) a line over the sea from sg to jb if it has to be a newly built line and all the issues coming in to build it.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not referring to the cost of the tickets. i am referring to the cost of building ( that malaysia has to bear) a line over the sea from sg to jb if it has to be a newly built line and all the issues coming in to build it.
The PAP portion is expensive. Plus too many conditions and requurements imposed. Thats why they backing off. The role of another entity ( most likely foreign) to manage the railway is silly. You put the money, you run it yourself.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP portion is expensive. Plus too many conditions and requurements imposed. Thats why they backing off. The role of another entity ( most likely foreign) to manage the railway is silly. You put the money, you run it yourself.
There is another thing i dun like is that Sg do not agree that the line station located near the KL airport. That is a weird disagreement. It is in Malaysia ground, why putting a station near the KL airport leads to a rejection by the sg side. This is absurb on the sg side.

It is not that they put a station at a weird location, it is near the airport and airport is a landmark and is functionally logical to locate a station there.

Good to let sg go and dun let sg get near to this project.