• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Johor (Iskandar) Property Bubble Bursting

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come no one consider canadian properties. I heard vancouver and calgary is very strong and there are some bargains in Toronto.

Canadians move frequently depending on where the jobs are. That is why I would be a buyer in Vancouver & Toronto, and a renter elsewhere.

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I spoke with the GM from a reputable Malaysia developer and he said better not consider iskandar for investment purpose.. Kl City center still a better bet.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm actually looking for a place to stay & not as an investment.

There are many units available for rent in LOS so it is really not necessary to buy. However I may buy once I am certain that I like the lifestyle & area. So far I have only visited Hatyai, Bangkok & Pattaya Planning a visit the north because many people tell me it's beautiful in the north.

I saw some new condos being built opposite Emporium along Sukhumvit. If I was looking for an investment I would probably look at these. It is an area popular with the Japanese so I expect high prices.

There is also the new condos next door to the Ambassdor Hotel. A stones throw from the Thermae bar. It convenient because it is located between the Nana & Asoke stations.

I am looking at Pattaya because it was not affected by the floods & is close to the airport & Bangkok. There are of course many crooks there but it is the same with Spore:biggrin:

I think if buying to stay and not as an investment in a foreign country, best not to buy first but rent first until confirmed it is a nice country with nice people then buy.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think if buying to stay and not as an investment in a foreign country, best not to buy first but rent first until confirmed it is a nice country with nice people then buy.

Another thing to consider is the management of the condo. Some condos may not be professionally run.

I would prefer a house rather than a condo because you have fewer potential problems.