• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Johnny333.......Which Budget Stock Brokerage You Suggested In The Past ?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro........i recall you talked about a US broker that let you trade as low as 10 shares..........

can trade S'pore shares too ?...............i got spare 500 bucks to fool around with.............500 bucks can open account ?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's been some time since I opened an account. So my knowledge may be dated.

There are 2 US brokers with offices in Singapore

Charles Schwab Singapore (i.e OptionsXpress)
1 George Street, #07-01A
Singapore 049145
Phone for New account enquiries (+65) 6692 7692

TD Ameritrade Singapore Pte. Ltd. (Also known as TOS i.e. ThinkorSwim)
1 Temasek Ave, 15-02 Millenia Tower, 039192
Phone: 6823 2250

I don't know how much $$$ you need to open account because I transferred my account from Etrade when they closed their offices. Just give the above 2 a call to find out what you need to open an account.

When you 1st open an account they will probably offer some freebies like free X number of trades. With only $500 you will not be able to us these freebies. Suggest you save up until you have more $ before opening an account. However if your intention is to buy & hold, then go ahead. You can gradually build a portfolio of stocks which may increase in value & provide a dividend.

If you are a seasoned trader & regularly trade you can consider Interactive Brokers which is based in Hong Kong. They charge low fees to trade. However you need to be a regular trader because this company will charge you a monthly fee if you do not satisfy their monthly minimum requirements. They are here https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=1590

With ThinkorSwim you can try out their trading platform without committing any $. You can do paper trading on a mock ThinkorSwim account. It doesn't cost anything to create a paper trading account. I don't know if the other companies offer a trial version. TOS has many online courses which you can access if you want to learn to trade. There are also Youtube movies in how use their platform.

Be aware that the companies which have offices in Singapore have to satisfy MAS(Monetary of Spore) regulations. In the questionnaire you have to fill out when opening an account there will be questions on whether you are an experienced trader. If you indicate little experience then you will have to attend an online course. If you want to avoid this hassle, just indicate your vast experience : )

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure about Singapore. But stake has $0 brokerage. They earn via exchange rates. Which you still have to exchange into USD to start buying. I believe they also do fractional shares as well.

https://pricing.stake.com.au/

From what I can see, 2020 might be a year to watch out.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure about Singapore. But stake has $0 brokerage. They earn via exchange rates. Which you still have to exchange into USD to start buying. I believe they also do fractional shares as well.

https://pricing.stake.com.au/

From what I can see, 2020 might be a year to watch out.

There's plenty of talk of a recession because of Trumps irresponsible policies.

He's increased the US deficit by cutting taxes, started his trade wars, threatening to withdraw from trade bodies, .. etc. Removing the regulations on banks that Obama put in place to prevent another sub prime crisis. There's even talk of the Republican having another round of tax cuts.

Some people see advantages to having a US broker with a Spore office. I see it differently. These companies have to satisfy MAS guidelines. It's another layer of bureaucracy & we all know how useless Spore regulations can be. Doing business in Spore is very expensive & that is why these companies have to charge higher fees.

If I decide to trade regularly I would look at Interactive Brokers. Their costs are the lowest but I read that their platform is difficult to use because it can be used to trade different markets & geared towards seasoned traders.

My shares have done well. Their value has gone up & I'm receiving a decent dividend. I'm no longer an active trader & that is why I'm sticking with Think&Sink. Unlike with Spore broker they don't charge a fee for passive investors, those that just want to keep their share & collect dividends.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro..........can trade S'pore shares too ?..............

US broker is only to buy/sell US shares/options/ETF,....etc

To fool around with $500, it would be more appropriate to buy/sell Malaysian shares. Many Malaysian companies pay dividend.
If you are interested you can read what dividends some companies are paying here: https://www.malaysiastock.biz/Dividend.aspx
Companies paying the top dividends in 2017 are: https://www.malaysiastock.biz/Report-Analysis/Top-KLSE-Dividend-Stock.aspx

You can open a Malaysian trading account with Maybank Malaysia. Let me know if you need the address in JB.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's plenty of talk of a recession because of Trumps irresponsible policies.

He's increased the US deficit by cutting taxes, started his trade wars, threatening to withdraw from trade bodies, .. etc. Removing the regulations on banks that Obama put in place to prevent another sub prime crisis. There's even talk of the Republican having another round of tax cuts.

Some people see advantages to having a US broker with a Spore office. I see it differently. These companies have to satisfy MAS guidelines. It's another layer of bureaucracy & we all know how useless Spore regulations can be. Doing business in Spore is very expensive & that is why these companies have to charge higher fees.

If I decide to trade regularly I would look at Interactive Brokers. Their costs are the lowest but I read that their platform is difficult to use because it can be used to trade different markets & geared towards seasoned traders.

My shares have done well. Their value has gone up & I'm receiving a decent dividend. I'm no longer an active trader & that is why I'm sticking with Think&Sink. Unlike with Spore broker they don't charge a fee for passive investors, those that just want to keep their share & collect dividends.

Hah, brought VTS @ $167 in feb on North Korea "fear". Was predicting the AUD will fall as well. Now its $209 and going up. Sometimes, its times of "crisis" where opportunity like this present itself. I don't think TRUMP is the problem. In fact, if you look at YoY its like 4.5% this year July for US GDP. Will be winding some down before 2020, then see if there is things that are "cheap" then.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still rmb a bro intro me buy goldenagri when just launch
Bought a little earn a little
But dunno where is he? His nick no more active
Buying in usd and later xchange into sgd lost in rate imho

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think TRUMP is the problem. In fact, if you look at YoY its like 4.5% this year July for US GDP. Will be winding some down before 2020, then see if there is things that are "cheap" then.

The problem is with the people advising him. The impression I get is that Trump is very ignorant or senile. He doesn't have a long term game plan to all his tariffs & trade policies.

I've made to set aside some $ from the dividends I get from each quarter. If there is a buying opportunity I can use this $.