• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jobs for elderly?

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup..agree the govermemt has failed them the poor folks who had played a part of what spore is today.:mad:

No really la.

The ONLY old man that is worth taking care of, that the government think solely played a part of what Spore is today, and hence need to be paid millions + pension, is now 87 (??) years old.

the rest are just expired, liability statistics waiting to be cremated or shipped off to JB.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are so many elderly local cleaners in hawker centres, foodcourts, fast food places and coffee shops these days.
Yet, there are so many foreign food servers around, like those who man the economy rics stalls.
Surely, the elderly local cleaners can do the jobs of food servers? If they are willing to be cleaners, I'm quite sure they will be happy to be food servers at the foreigners' pay.
This government has become really appalling.

They want "efficiency" and "speed"

Old people appear to be slow to these business owners

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe for all singaporean employee in private sector, once you hit retirement , pay also kana cut, wonder whether our ministers also got cut after retirement age or top-up instead .

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this govt is amusing.

dey are not giving job opportunities to the elderly and yet they are raising
the retire age. contradicting?:rolleyes::oIo:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
On one hand, they ask u to keep upgrading your skills and adopt life-long learning

On the other hand, they allow lots of FT to enter Sinkapore to compete for these jobs that Sinkies can do

Funny, isn't it?

Not Funny! It's CONTRADICTING!!! Say one thing do another!

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are so many elderly local cleaners in hawker centres, foodcourts, fast food places and coffee shops these days.
Yet, there are so many foreign food servers around, like those who man the economy rics stalls.
Surely, the elderly local cleaners can do the jobs of food servers? If they are willing to be cleaners, I'm quite sure they will be happy to be food servers at the foreigners' pay.
This government has become really appalling.

It is not the same. By employing foreigners these business owners get extra income from kickbacks from the FTs for employing them.

They get nothing by employing singkies. Dun talk about the elderly singkies..... even young and fit singkies willing to take the place of these FTs are told to f*ck off. :mad:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haizzz, whenever i try to talk about these contradicting issue in sg, my frenz ard me will say, dun tok nonsense lah.:eek: