• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Jobless at 50 years old

Poor Guy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imagine that you have lose your job at age of 50 years old.

(a) How long can you survive without an income?

(b) Long term housing loan - still need to service another 15 years?

Let discuss here ...

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Let discuss here ...

How can you be jobless? There are so many jobs available like freelance Grab driver or delivery man. Cleaners, security guards, and if you can cook something good, borrow around 15k and start to be your own boss in any hawker center or kopitiam. See, so many options. What else do you want? Unless you are in PAP and have an iron rice bowl in Parliament.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jobs are always there.

What you don't have is the will to look and do them. You should look within you and sort that out first.:wink:

Poor Guy

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can you be jobless? There are so many jobs available like freelance Grab driver or delivery man. Cleaners, security guards, and if you can cook something good, borrow around 15k and start to be your own boss in any hawker center or kopitiam. See, so many options. What else do you want? Unless you are in PAP and have an iron rice bowl in Parliament.

I have no driving license and never learn how to ride a bicycle, so Grab is out for me.

Cleaners, no contractors want to hire me.

Security guard, need to take basic courses.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had been working as a temporary data entry assistant for the last 5 years liao
You should upgrade your skills with some schemes that the gahment is providing so you will be more employable and have more choices.

Coming here to complain of being jobless at 50 to a bunch of losers who are not much better off ain't going to get you anywhere. :biggrin:

Poor Guy

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should upgrade your skills with some schemes that the gahment is providing so you will be more employable and have more choices.

Coming here to complain of being jobless at 50 to a bunch of losers who are not much better off ain't going to get you anywhere. :biggrin:

I have to start all over again :cry: and had myself to blame for been a low wage earner for my whole life.

In my younger days, I also did not do enough to hold on to my job.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let discuss here ...
And

a) You can't simply because no one will want to employ you

b) sell the unit and spend it all. Then plan your demise and take whomever caused your predicament to go with you.