• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jiuhoo home tio robbed 3X in 3weeks. 可以吗?

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Three robberies in three weeks have Ipoh elderly couple living in fear​

By IVAN LOH
  • NATION
  • Saturday, 27 May 2023
    12:47 PM MYT
2095643.jpg

Low Guo Nan (in blue) looking at Madam Chan Liew Chan's fractured leg during a press conference in Taman Ria Bercham. -Ronnie Chin/The Star

IPOH: A couple in Taman Ria Bercham here live in fear after armed burglars hit their home three times in the space of three weeks.

Retired teacher Chan Liew Chan, 71 said she has lost personal documents and other items in the robberies and added that it has come to approximately RM26,000 lost so far in the three burglaries on May 2, May 11 and Wednesday (May 24).

Chan, who lives with her 80-year-old husband Tou Kum Hin, said they lost jewellery and money during the first incident.

"We were only aware that our house was broken into and ransacked after we woke up. In the second incident, we believe the same burglars from the first incident returned, removed the sliding front door and turned the place upside down," she said.

Chan said this at a press conference at her house held by Perak MCA public service and complaints bureau chief Low Guo Nan here on Saturday (May 27).

"My husband, who suffered a stroke nine years ago, and I sleep in the room on the ground floor and we were terrified and dared not come out from our room after hearing the noises," she said.

"There was an attempt to break into our room and I pounded on the door and shouted, which I believed had scared the burglars away,” added Chan.

She said that she and her husband only got out of the room after the police came over.

She added that a pair of binoculars and RM1,000 were missing.

Chan said in the third incident, the burglars became more daring and kicked open the door of their room.

"Two men wearing face masks rushed in. One of them pointed a knife at me and told me to be quiet, while another continued ransacking the house. I was pushed down to the floor and fractured my right knee," she said.

"This time, we lost various personal documents, including our MyKads, ATM cards, credit cards, a car key, mobile phones, a laptop, handbags and a shaver," she added.

Chan said she and her husband are traumatised by the incident and hope the police would beef up their patrols in the area.

"I have not been sleeping soundly since. The slightest sound would wake me up, I think it is important for everyone to install security measures in their houses. I have just had a grille door and alarm system set up," she added.

On this, Low said that people should not be overly-reliant on the police to ensure their safety.

"The people need to be vigilant and ensure their homes have various security measures in place and not just rely on the police. I also hope the state assemblyman and the MP of this constituency could allocate some funds to hire volunteer security groups to do patrols in this area,” he added.

"There are quite a few senior citizens in this area and they are worried that they would be targeted next," he added.