• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jimmy Lee (DSTA Scholar from Cornell Uni) - SPP's new face: I was inspired by Chiam

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
NEWS
APR 13, 2011

ST_19756196.jpg

SPP's new face: I was inspired by Chiam
By Jeremy Au Yong & Tessa Wong

Mr Jimmy Lee sees himself representing a generation which appreciates what the People's Action Party (PAP) has done - but believes there is value in having alternative voices when decisions are made. -- ST PHOTO: ASHLEIGH SIM
MR JIMMY Lee sees himself representing a generation which appreciates what the People's Action Party (PAP) has done - but believes there is value in having alternative voices when decisions are made.

Now a new recruit to the Singapore People's Party (SPP) of veteran politician Chiam See Tong, he said his generation also thinks that what worked well in the past 'will not work best in the future'.

Said the 35-year-old graduate of Cornell University in the United States, where he studied computer science on a Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA) scholarship: 'In the past, we believed in finding that great leader, and we followed that great leader. Or we invested all our resources in a very small team, and followed that team.

Read the full story in Wednesday's edition of The Straits Times.

Last edited:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Jimmy Lee (DSTA Scholar from Cornell Uni) - SPP's new face: I was inspired by Chi

Mr Jimmy Lee sees himself representing a generation which appreciates what the People's Action Party (PAP) has done - but believes there is value in having alternative voices when decisions are made.

An excellent start.

Last edited:

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Jimmy Lee (DSTA Scholar from Cornell Uni) - SPP's new face: I was inspired by Chi

Yes, indeed . When Chiam was first elected into parliment. I was in my teen, Everytime he tried to make a statement. One of the minister will counter with a sacastic remarks. The rest of the PAP will laugh and sneer..

He stand strong and never lose his cool. At time when the PAP cannot win his arguement . LKY will step forward and bring him down, the rest of the PAP will laugh at him. ( I make a point that if I ever have a chance to vote later in live, I will vote for oposition to counter the arrogance and the bully tactic of the PAP. My fren the time has come )

Now he is still there winning election after election. Getting respect from people from PP and other and ME.

I guess his one and only mistake is CSJ.

On the other hand, MY respect for the PAP MP who sneak in under GRC and laugh at him is totally lost..

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

MR JIMMY Lee sees himself representing a generation which appreciates what the People's Action Party (PAP) has done - but believes there is value in having alternative voices when decisions are made.

Good piece of thinking. He gets my vote.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

The million question is

Is he a mole? :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Now he is still there winning election after election. Getting respect from people from PP and other and ME.
I guess his one and only mistake is CSJ.

well, CST is also a typical politician. he practices nepotism by leaving PP seat to his wife.

I didn't follow GE97 but it seems like CST sent a SPP candidate to contest Bukit Gombak for obvious reasons but CSJ and SDP did not contest Potong Pasir. Chiam so nasty?

Last edited: