• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jetstar Screw Up At Saigon

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
From youtube:

This flight supposed to departed at 9am 2Aug2010 was delayed until around 7am next morning. Good job Jetstar! At least you flight. It's normal for an airlines to have flight delayed. However, It seemed Jetstar's staff have no ideas what need to do. The answers for what happen & when can we flight is "don't know", "not sure" or "we are waiting for head office" or some suck things like that. Until lunch time, some passengers can't stand it any more & started rioting then they gave out the food coupons & promise flight after lunch. Then they continue to play silence games until around 4pm, they allow some priority passengers (louder voices to them???) to have another flight at 9pm & the rest going to flight at 4am next morning.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IppeD_tghBw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IppeD_tghBw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

So the Saigon-Singapore trip on Jetstart 3k556 was delayed from 9am 02 Aug 2010 to 4am next morning. Hotels & food were provided. But it seemed to retaliate customers who dared to challenge Jetstar, all stuck passengers were waked up at 2am & sent to airport to learned that the airport was lighted off and closed. Nobody from Jetstar around to answer questions, only some airport security guys there tried to call someone & tell us the flight scheduled at 6.10 am. Jetstar's staff appeared at 4.30 am to tell us that they have no info. That's the reason why this lady have to crazily scolded them. Until then, they said it will flight at 6 o'clock. No more delay.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mbNqxVY2HmQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mbNqxVY2HmQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

If I'm not wrong, this is not the first time Jetstar or a bugget airlines showing this scene. The security guard was got instruction that not to interfere but rather let Jetstar's staff explain and keep situation in control. Thanks god, we departed at almost 7am.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IZSdvE0CWfY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IZSdvE0CWfY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Dogsquare

Alfrescian
Loyal
sounds like those air lines in china, when flight delayed or cancelled, the management let the counter girls face the passengers...but these girls everything also don't know...sight

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... This flight supposed to departed at 9am 2Aug2010 was delayed until around 7am next morning. Good job Jetstar! ...
no cock up la! ... delibrate delay 1 la ...

ppl no enuff 2 fly la ... so, group dem 2gether wif dose of ze nax day la ... lidat, how u xpect dem 2 xplain 2 commuters? ...

it cud have been worse, man! ... imajin, if got oni 2 3 ppl a day, dey may even delay ur flite 4 1 week! ... :eek:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More bad news coming out from Jetstar. All this should not have happen.
1. If Jetstar ask those volunteer for change to next day get free taxi and hotel plus min US$300~US$500.
2. Those still insist get them on next plane available ( any carrier Jetstar pay for the ticket).

What happen to those transit flight? Sue the Jetstar!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why the only place that I will fly to on budget airline is Kuala Lumpur.

Flew Airasia to KL many times, to Bangkok a few times, to Penang once, so far so good, except the Penang return flight, there was a three hours delay. Airasia was quick to announce the delay, distributed food vouchers ( lousy food at Penang airport, but , what the heck!), upon return they gave free RM200 vouchers each by email, which we never used & it expired.

Have not tried Tigers or Jetstar yet...

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they had gotten travel insurance, they would have gotten a couple of hundred dollars back, probably payback the entire trip

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Flew Airasia to KL many times, to Bangkok a few times, to Penang once, so far so good, except the Penang return flight, there was a three hours delay. Airasia was quick to announce the delay, distributed food vouchers ( lousy food at Penang airport, but , what the heck!), upon return they gave free RM200 vouchers each by email, which we never used & it expired.

Have not tried Tigers or Jetstar yet...

I remember only minor delays of 30min to 45min out of Spore to LOS. In most cases they are on schedule

The only notable delay was 5 hours from a LOS to Spore flight because of mechanical problem. Only gave out meal vouchers :(

The longest delay I had was on a United flight when the plane was hit by lightning after taking off from Spore. Stuck in HK for 12 hours while a new plane was flown in take the passengers on to the US.

If you fly often enough your bound to face hiccups :wink:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember only minor delays of 30min to 45min out of Spore to LOS. In most cases they are on schedule

The only notable delay was 5 hours from a LOS to Spore flight because of mechanical problem. Only gave out meal vouchers :(

The longest delay I had was on a United flight when the plane was hit by lightning after taking off from Spore. Stuck in HK for 12 hours while a new plane was flown in take the passengers on to the US.

If you fly often enough your bound to face hiccups :wink:

I know was stranded in airport for 12 hrs before...due to extremely heavy rains...not fun though, only thinking of getting home...was that scary hit by lightning? I remember ona Thai Airways flight ( those days) from Phuket to SINgapore...they flew the Boeing 737-200, it went through an air turbulence, the whole plane shooked like mad...:p

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know was stranded in airport for 12 hrs before...due to extremely heavy rains...not fun though, only thinking of getting home...was that scary hit by lightning? I remember ona Thai Airways flight ( those days) from Phuket to SINgapore...they flew the Boeing 737-200, it went through an air turbulence, the whole plane shooked like mad...:p

The lightning created a basket ball size dent in the fron of the airplane, but we were unaware of it at that time. Until the plane landed & we were told about the damage.

The scariest thing I was worrying about was mising the connecting flights in the US.

My only regret is that I didn't write in to complain about the incident, who knows what I might have gotten :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The lightning created a basket ball size dent in the fron of the airplane, but we were unaware of it at that time. Until the plane landed & we were told about the damage.

The scariest thing I was worrying about was mising the connecting flights in the US.

My only regret is that I didn't write in to complain about the incident, who knows what I might have gotten :biggrin:

That is quite a big hole...did you travel insurance cover for that delay?? or you didn't take any coverage?? But beware the red coloued lightning with the blue ring here, if it strikes you; the hole will be bigger than the basketball....heh heh heh