• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JBJ did achieved his dreams after all

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ref: http://www.singapore-window.org/sw03/030907st.htm

I was musing about the juvenile thread that MM Lee outlived all his opponents and thinking that life can be unfair in that dreams are not achieved.

When suddenly I realised that JBJ did achieved his dream after all.

Listen to his words:

Why he enter into politics:
“my purpose in entering politics was to try and bring about a democratic system of government. The job has not been done yet, and I feel that as long as God gives me the health and the strength, then I will carry on the fight to bring about responsible opposition in Parliament.”

The reason for his endurance:

Jeyaretnam also describes himself as a religious man. “I was raised in the Anglican faith. And if it weren't for my religious conviction, I don't think I would have carried on this far. I believe that I have a duty to continue this struggle for as long as God chooses to allow me to.”
From endurance to achievement: He was the first to bring in responsible opposition after a lapse of 15 years

“I think it is not really for me to say what my legacy will be, but I think that even people who are not my friends say that if only for breaking the PAP monopoly in 1981, Jeyaretnam will be a part of Singaporean history.”
Actually, in 1981 he became the responsible opposition that was his dream when he first entered politics.

As a result, the gates widened to allow more opposition members to come in.

God is fair to him.

Thank you, Sir.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
i've always believed that a man only knows how many friends he's earned or had when he kicks the bucket. JBJ is extra-ordinary, n has displayed his own brand of charisma in all the yrs that he's been knocked down time & again, by those he oppose.

even if we discount attendance of all in the political arena, the head count for all other attendees from different walks of life at his wake, sufficed to justify how many lives this man has touched in his life-long battle for his ideals. his undying passion i should think is not easily fathomed by any common man, let alone understand his daily struggles after being knocked & bowled over.

i'm speculating a resounding turn-out of attendees this afternoon for the funeral. perhaps another mark for sg political history.