• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB/SG Crimewatch

danntbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB Crimewatch

While its true JB crime rate is an issue, looks like we have people who try to attribute all crimes happening in Malaysia to JB....some also would add spice in telling their own 'experiences' like their grandmother stories.....

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal

To me, Crime Capital is JB, due to Singapore being next to it. KL is crime infested too but #02 always.

I grew up in Malaysia and it saddens me why JB has degenerated into such a place where people lock their cars instantly when they get into the car and people look left and right when pumping petrol.
Not easy to arrest the crime. The police is quited corrupted, they still take KOPI money. Need a independent/effective corruption department direct report to Najib to clean the police force. Currently, it is like Hong Kong/Singapore in 70s where corruption is common.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are right. Singapore is quite a bad place to stay in the 1960s to 1970s with the secret societies creating all sorts of trouble. I am quite pleased they have been eradicated to a certain extent. Many "gangsters" that I used to know in the past are now working as bus drivers, air con servicemen and renovation contractors. Its really good to see them holding good jobs. Some Malaysians were luckier. They worked as drivers for 30 years in Singapore and use the money to convert to Ringgit and retire in their kampungs.

That is why many Singaporeans who work in Singapore, want to convert their money to ringigit and retire in Malaysian "Kampungs"!
Now if the Malaysian Police can get their act together, many more Singaporeans will come and "balik rumah" in Malaysia. :biggrin:

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are right. Singapore is quite a bad place to stay in the 1960s to 1970s with the secret societies creating all sorts of trouble. I am quite pleased they have been eradicated to a certain extent. Many "gangsters" that I used to know in the past are now working as bus drivers, air con servicemen and renovation contractors. Its really good to see them holding good jobs. Some Malaysians were luckier. They worked as drivers for 30 years in Singapore and use the money to convert to Ringgit and retire in their kampungs.
They must change from taking KOPI money to drinking KOPI money. Invitation to drink Coffee at the Corruption Investigation Department. Just a joke. But the real issues is that their wages for police is too low. They need to resort unofficial means to earn additional income.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

They must change from taking KOPI money to drinking KOPI money. Invitation to drink Coffee at the Corruption Investigation Department. Just a joke. But the real issues is that their wages for police is too low. They need to resort unofficial means to earn additional income.

I hope the Malaysian govt will at least double the present low wages of police across the whole country with police in Iskander region getting maybe 20% higher than the rest so that they will try their best to perform well in order to keep their jobs.

Another point that came across my mind recently is that as more and more sinkies moving across to live and work ( together with companies moving across in future ), our govt may consider to work out with their Malaysian counterparts to set up few Singapore govt schools in Johor where most of them stay. This will make many of our lives with kids living there much less stressful and also may ease jams at checkpoints.

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think recently Selangor crime rate is even higher specially in the PJ area.
Please check "PJ community alert" in FB. Few cases reported daily in PJ area itself.
But of course not all stories posted online are true.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I were her, I will deliberately crash (and crash real hard) onto their motorcycle and hopefully to kill at least 1 of them. Afterall, how much damage can a car sustained on crashing a motorcycle? I would have happily see at least one of them struggling in pain before his last breath.

Last edited:

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro Pochong. U got so many crimes in Msian to share and report here. No wonder Singaporeans so afraid to invest or live in JB. :rolleyes:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

If only we can do a James Bond with our cars and arm them with pepper spray guns aimed at any unwelcome person approaching from the side.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

touchdown-stun-gun.jpg

My friend carry this. He stay in Penang and he carry this around when he go drinking.
He told me he is been stalk once; and the taser gun did a good job. The attacker cannot get up for a good 15 minutes.

He also give him 2 free kicks to his face.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 9452

My friend carry this. He stay in Penang and he carry this around when he go drinking.
He told me he is been stalk once; and the taser gun did a good job. The attacker cannot get up for a good 15 minutes.

He also give him 2 free kicks to his face.

Is this legal to carry in Malaysia ?

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro Pochong. U got so many crimes in Msian to share and report here. No wonder Singaporeans so afraid to invest or live in JB. :rolleyes:

Too many such stories just do more than that, it also makes Singaporean afraid to visit as a tourist. Just talk to 2 colleaques and they had not visited Malaysia for years saying all the news of the high crime is just too scary for them.
I see the news as a way to learn how to protect or take precaution when I visit Malaysia.
Singapore is really safe, I also sense the crime rate in Malaysia is going up. Lots of news about putting more expectation on the police to reduce crime. If you had read Freakonomics there are many factors that lead to increasing crime rate, Malaysia needs to find the root cause of why there have so many criminals, what make them go into such a crime. One Johorian even told me there are career criminals !

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Is this legal to carry in Malaysia ?

Robbery is illegal; the robbers is getting away isn't it?

It is for self protection. I am not suggesting you buying it to attack innocent.

I already order 2 and put it with my brother in Penang. I am just playing safe ; as I will have 2 young children with me.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is such thing as Career Criminals in Johor and some parts of Malaysia simply because they are not jailed long term for repeated or serious crime. I was told rape sentence is 3 year plus after discount. That means in Malaysia the RAPE criminals are treated as "serious" our Singapore 's attempted house breakers.

It means anyone high on drug can climb into your house to rape your daughters or wives and if he is caught, he will get a 5 year jail and after discount become 3 plus years. And since these criminals are going to jail anyway, many rape up to 5 or even 10 and see if they are caught. If they are not caught, they just continue their glamourous career. And since there are so many Indonesian criminals ( about 1 million foreigners are unliscenced ), even if the police found forensic evidence, they cant find any matching.

In most parts of the world, Rape is 20 years jails and 15 years after discount
Too many rape and robbery/burglary. If they implement such long sentences, they probably do not have the resources to manage it. I will imagine their prison is very crowded. Furthermore, most cases went unreported. Poor girls and woman who got raped by those beasts. No wonder a lot of Malaysian especially chinese wants to leave the country. My friend, a Malaysian Chinese girl before told me how she get molested by the Malay guys on the bus in Johor. They just creep their hands into her skirt and carress her leg/private parts.

Pocong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Too many such stories just do more than that, it also makes Singaporean afraid to visit as a tourist. Just talk to 2 colleaques and they had not visited Malaysia for years saying all the news of the high crime is just too scary for them.
I see the news as a way to learn how to protect or take precaution when I visit Malaysia.
Singapore is really safe,...

Bingo ! if crime can happen in any parts of the Malaysia, it can happen in JB too. My post is to alert everyone to be cautious with all the unexpected crime that can happen to you wherever you go , once you cleared the JB custom.

but since the bros here do not like what i have shared ( and got deleted by the mod ), i shall stop then.

cheers :smile:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

My wife sister were molested " a few times " while taking bus to the city square area to work daily. The molesters were so rampant and audacious that they simply lift up her skirt!!! And the rest of the passengers ( mostly chinese girls or young boys ) dont dare to do anything.

And when my wife was in secondary school, a couple of times those perverts just sit next to her and touch her discreetly after they folded their arms.

Things changed when she bought a 2nd hand car to drive to work. Over in JB no such thing as citizen arrest on the bus. You dare to fight so many molesters? I have never heard of bus drivers driving straight to polis stations in Malaysia to hand the culprits over to the polis. That is why I always advise my friends visiting JB never to take public bus.

At least its not so bad like in Mumbai where gang rapes can happen on buses though. In JB its just molest.

Got meh ? My wife and kids have been taking CW links in and out of JB , never hear of such incidents.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My wife sister were molested " a few times " while taking bus to the city square area to work daily. The molesters were so rampant and audacious that they simply lift up her skirt!!! And the rest of the passengers ( mostly chinese girls or young boys ) dont dare to do anything.

Err....bro. Wu Ya Boh? If got such incident, i tink one of those very rare case lah.

Maybe next time if happen again, report to Polis or the media. Then at least we know the statistic ya..