• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB/SG Crimewatch

allanckk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB Crimewatch

In Malaysia please do not try to be a hero because robbers use guns and parangs. For me I will not help... at most shout from afar. Sorry we have to be practical because everyone has family members waiting for us to get home safely.

hi Investor,

if you are the victim would you say that..?? everyone will have the family that's true.... isn't the victim don't have family why we cant lent a help if is within our capabilities etc. call the police the most easier way... and not every robber will have guns or parangs.. just like the shell robber the motorcycles the robber don't have any parang at all, but all of them was standing there to look for drama.... put yourself in the victim how would you feel that.... i very sad to say that if you are a human how can you act yourself like that... if in others country not all... for sure they will help each other to fight against the crime...

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Allan,

I think investor is juz sharing is own opinion. We juz can't expect everyone to be as brave... Humans r all made up of deferential DNA u see.... That's why those who r courageous enuff to help out in such situations r called Heroes... Not everyone can be Heroes...

hi Investor,

if you are the victim would you say that..?? everyone will have the family that's true.... isn't the victim don't have family why we cant lent a help if is within our capabilities etc. call the police the most easier way... and not every robber will have guns or parangs.. just like the shell robber the motorcycles the robber don't have any parang at all, but all of them was standing there to look for drama.... put yourself in the victim how would you feel that.... i very sad to say that if you are a human how can you act yourself like that... if in others country not all... for sure they will help each other to fight against the crime...

terencetan1981

Alfrescian
Loyal

I will help by shouting from afar or calling the police. Thats all I will do. The last thing I will involve myself in JB is to be stabbed while helping out a victim. Sorry to say this but when I was much younger, I was confronted by 3 burly men with kitchen knives near the train station in JB and the feeling is terrible. From tat day onward I know JB is not like Spore where you can still get forward to beat up the robber etc. In JB robbers go around with weapons and guns. Its really dangerous.

i was confronted by the same gang in front of JB train station few years back and i pushed them away refusing to give them money. It was a mixed emotion led by anger that someone is robing me when he can work for living, not to mention the underlying trauma of the sudden attack (afterall we are not taught in dealing with such situation).
i would like to ask - when you see injustice next time and beside walking away mind your own business but think - if everyone lend your hand to the victim, that is where the power is. Courage is not the absent of fear but the decision to act amidst fear. We are of course not Hero but just someone knowing everyone need to stand out to make the community a safer tommorrow.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In Malaysia please do not try to be a hero because robbers use guns and parangs. For me I will not help... at most shout from afar. Sorry we have to be practical because everyone has family members waiting for us to get home safely.

hi Investor,

Hi Allan,

I think investor is juz sharing is own opinion. We juz can't expect everyone to be as brave... Humans r all made up of deferential DNA u see.... That's why those who r courageous enuff to help out in such situations r called Heroes... Not everyone can be Heroes...

Hi allanckk and tutucake,

He is 'investor5', not 'investor' :smile:

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal

i was confronted by the same gang in front of JB train station few years back and i pushed them away refusing to give them money. It was a mixed emotion led by anger that someone is robing me when he can work for living, not to mention the underlying trauma of the sudden attack (afterall we are not taught in dealing with such situation).
i would like to ask - when you see injustice next time and beside walking away mind your own business but think - if everyone lend your hand to the victim, that is where the power is. Courage is not the absent of fear but the decision to act amidst fear. We are of course not Hero but just someone knowing everyone need to stand out to make the community a safer tommorrow.

On Christmas Eve, about 3 pm, my husband and I were driving past the Bk Indah turnoff towards Legoland side when we saw a distressed old BMW with two men standing outside it, one in his 60s and one in his 30s. It was NOT an automatic reaction to stop and ask if they needed help. We considered - not bad for fast thinking at our advanced age - whether there were other possible dangerous men lurking in the bushes, whether weapons were being concealed, whether we ourselves might be able to get help if this was a bad error of judgement to stop, whether they were really in need of help. Anyway, we stopped and asked if they needed help and ended up giving both a lift to Gelang Patah.
They were utterly grateful, while roundly cursing Malaysians for whizzing by without even pausing to ask if help was needed. They had been waiting nearly two hours. Friends contacted on mobile phones were all busy, one said he would be free at 7 pm.
I MOST likely will not stop if I were alone, specially at night. But it could happen to me, and then who would assist me?
Other circumstances have yet to present themselves, where violence was going on - we will react when confronted with such situations with care and caution, given our age and relative infirmity.
But this is our home most of the time now. Things are definitely different here. But in whatever measure we can raise it, some courage and consideration for all the people we meet would be a good thing.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

".........On Christmas Eve,...........I MOST likely will not stop if I were alone, specially at night. But it could happen to me, and then who would assist me?................
Other circumstances have yet to present themselves, where violence was going on - we will react when confronted with such situations with care and caution, given our age and relative infirmity.
But this is our home most of the time now. Things are definitely different here. But in whatever measure we can raise it, some courage and consideration for all the people we meet would be a good thing......"

Mallow a very kind, neighbourly and dangerous act. Glad you are alright. I used to do that when I was living abroad then I read and heard on the news of a "act of kindness" having a horrible end!! Please be more cautious and careful.....

Last edited:

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal

ASIAONE
NEWS
SINGAPORE

S'pore and Malaysian police launch crime prevention pamphlets

SPF Deputy Commissioner of Police T. Raja Kumar (2nd from left) and RMP Deputy Chief Police Officer of Johor Datuk Ismail Bin Yatin (2nd from right) launching the joint crime prevention pamphlets.
AsiaOne
Sunday, Feb 03, 2013

SINGAPORE: The Singapore Police Force (SPF) and Royal Malaysia Police have recently come together to design a series of crime prevention pamphlets.

Targeted at travellers on both sides of the Causeway, the pamphlets contain police contact numbers and information on theft, violent property crime, outrage of modesty and cheating scams.

Travellers can pick up any of the four pamphlets, which are available in both English and Malay, at the Woodlands and Tuas Checkpoints in Singapore, as well as in Johor Baru.

A fifth pamphlet has also been created to advise travellers about common prohibited/controlled items and alerts travellers to permits that are required for the import of such items, and things to avoid carrying to prevent any delays in their onward journey.

There are plans to distribute these pamphlets progressively at common transport nodes such as bus interchanges near Checkpoints. Johor police will also be actively handing out the pamphlets to travellers at their Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) facility as well as tourist spots.

SPF's Deputy Commissioner of Police T. Raja Kumar said in a speech at Johor Baru's Aeon Shopping Centre today: "It is no secret that unlicensed moneylending and drug trafficking syndicates now operate in a 'borderless' fashion. With kingpins located abroad, and with their use of technology, it makes detection and apprehension more challenging for law enforcement agencies.

"Thus, no country can act alone and succeed against the threat of crime. We need to work together across borders to prevent, deter and detect criminal threats. Recognising this, the Singapore Police Force has actively sought to work closely with our foreign counterparts to tackle the scourge of crime.

"Try your luck and you will face the strength of not one, but two close-knitted police forces. We will bring you to justice, wherever you try to hide in Malaysia or Singapore."

[email protected]

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can someone tell the police they can print a billion pamplets but if robberies and rape cases are so common in Johor Bahru, whats the point? We do not need pamplets but safety. Can they give us? So far they have failed. In the 1990s Johor Bahru is considered a notorious crime capital of Asia. 15 years later, it is worse..
I agree!
Crime Prevention Pamplets can help a bit about not being an easy victim but the JB police has to get their act together.
They have to get the criminals off the streets!
I read and have heard about the difficulty of even reporting a crime!
So until they become really serious about the criminals, things will not get better.

Pocong

Alfrescian
Loyal

狮城汉被抢,跳下车追逐 新山抢匪猖狂 强开车门冲入车

狮城汉被抢,跳下车追逐
新山抢匪猖狂 强开车门冲入车

新山抢匪猖狂,光天化日拦截狮城车,开车冲上车打劫,狮城汉英勇赶匪。

有关网站昨日上载一段录相。据录影中的日期显示,事件发生在上星期四下午2时20分左右,地点相信是靠近新山关卡的一条公路上。

只见录影中有一辆新加坡车牌的黑色轿车停在马路右边车道。不久后,一辆马国电单车行驶到轿车的左边。电单车骑士穿着灰色上衣和红色头盔,乘客则穿黑色衣服和黑色头盔。

黑衣乘客在接近轿车时,跳下电单车,跑到轿车的乘客座位旁开车门,企图打劫和抢车。这个突如其来的举动吓到狮城司机,他立刻踩油门前进,不过过后又再停车。

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=486185658083143" width="320" height="240" frameborder="0"></iframe>

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

狮城汉被抢,跳下车追逐 新山抢匪猖狂 强开车门冲入车

狮城汉被抢,跳下车追逐
新山抢匪猖狂 强开车门冲入车

新山抢匪猖狂,光天化日拦截狮城车,开车冲上车打劫,狮城汉英勇赶匪。

有关网站昨日上载一段录相。据录影中的日期显示,事件发生在上星期四下午2时20分左右,地点相信是靠近新山关卡的一条公路上。

只见录影中有一辆新加坡车牌的黑色轿车停在马路右边车道。不久后,一辆马国电单车行驶到轿车的左边。电单车骑士穿着灰色上衣和红色头盔,乘客则穿黑色衣服和黑色头盔。

黑衣乘客在接近轿车时,跳下电单车,跑到轿车的乘客座位旁开车门,企图打劫和抢车。这个突如其来的举动吓到狮城司机,他立刻踩油门前进,不过过后又再停车。

Common tactic by motorbike snatch thieves. Drivers should always lock their car doors.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

网友爸爸被打劫的过程被隔壁当店摄影机拍下来了!

3/2/2013 下午四点钟,店门前,因为一条金项链,看见爸爸被一个高大的马来汉袭击,从衣服下拿出一把巴冷刀经过我面前直冲向我爸,向他挥了几刀,接着停在门前的另外三人又下摩多也拿*出巴冷刀,也只追我爸,好在爸爸机灵,赶快把项链给他们,才换回小命,我们全店工人孩子们在过程里和对方纠缠了一下,拿椅子丢的丢,拿棍的拿棍,可是最后还是让匪徒逃走了*,所幸的是爸爸只是受了皮外伤,我也不懂怎么弄出了小伤。在这个一触即发的过程里,我愣了好久才懂得反抗,直到进了警局后脚还不停地发抖,原来打劫打枪真的很可怕,这个新*年大家千万要小心提防,别让匪徒有机可乘。

人人都站在最前线,你们随时都目击最前线的现场发生,新年前夕,人人被抢,我们要反击,见賊喊打!誓不低头!治安败坏,马来西亚需要您的一份力量号召大马人民的团结力量!一起拼治安!

I always see these thieves on motorbikes. I suppose we will have to be more vigilant when there is a motor bike approaching.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nowadays with cctvs being everywhere in private houses and cars, you would expect crime to be better controlled and the law better enforced. Yet, crime is still ever so rampant? Is it because people are not reporting the crime, or not handing the evidence over to the police? I know some of you will say that even if you go to the police, there is no point. But I still believe that a 10%chance of the police doing something is still better than 0% chance at all. The police are not all bad hats. We must explore every option available.

Walker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nowadays with cctvs being everywhere in private houses and cars, you would expect crime to be better controlled and the law better enforced. Yet, crime is still ever so rampant? Is it because people are not reporting the crime, or not handing the evidence over to the police? I know some of you will say that even if you go to the police, there is no point. But I still believe that a 10%chance of the police doing something is still better than 0% chance at all. The police are not all bad hats. We must explore every option available.

The quality of normal analogue cctv cameras is terrible! even in daylight!
People should start using good digital cctv cameras to record the faces of the criminal.
Maybe then we increase the chance of the criminals being identified and caught, instead of just recording that a crime took place.

Attachments

• cctv_low_quality_vs_high_definition_2.gif
    cctv_low_quality_vs_high_definition_2.gif
    69.9 KB · Views: 160
  • hd_cctv_image_2.gif
    hd_cctv_image_2.gif
    77.7 KB · Views: 186
Last edited: