• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB/SG Crimewatch

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This, this is really Singapore?

1470040_10151744565172115_615309600_n.jpg

Ba-VZT0CAAATYxr.jpg:large

Ba-S1LSCcAAbM8v.jpg:large

Ba-YNy8CAAEv5Hp.jpg

1488168_10151854650027572_996043090_n.jpg

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
do u think he can still talk?

In Little India area, driving must usually be slow due to jay walkers. There are a few road humps along that stretch, so to knock down a person and kill him, the bus driver must be speeding carelessly. And not sure what were the exchanges or did he try to escape.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Topless and decapitated body found.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/body-woman-found-whampoa-river-20131212

By Lee Jian Xuan

The body of a woman was found in Whampoa River near Blk 110 McNair Road on Thursday morning just after sunrise.

The police said they received a call about the body at 7.33am. Paramedics from the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) also responded to the case a few minutes later at the canal between McNair and St George's roads.

SCDF rescuers then manually retrieved the body from about 2 metres from the river bank and pronounced the woman dead at 8.28am.

The Straits Times understands that the woman, who was believed to be topless and only wearing a pair of black pants, was decapitated. SCDF divers were spotted conducting a search in the canal at low tide later in the morning.

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of us are vested in both country, overall sg is still relatively safe, even if we are not vested, both jb and sg would benefit fr each other's prosperity, it's myopic to sensationalize either jb or sg situation.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard that there was a robbery around Bukit Indah/Nusa Bestari shoplot area recently. I din ask for exact details. Just be careful if you see a small gang approaching and refrain from walking in isolated areas.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
79-year-old woman who was kidnapped is Sheng Siong CEO's mother
By Walter Sim

The Straits Times | Thu, Jan 09, 2014
The police on Thursday arrested two men in connection with the case, after her son lodged a report. She was not hurt when she was snatched by the two suspects, and was subsequently released at Seletar West Camp after a $2 million ransom was paid.

Get the full story from The Straits Times.

According to posts on the Singapore Police Force's (SPF) Twitter account, two men were arrested today for kidnapping a 79-year-old woman.

"A kidnap report was lodged by 52-year-old informant on Jan 8. The victim was last seen at Hougang that morning," wrote SPF.

The two suspects, aged 41 and 50, allegedly demanded a ransom of $20 million from Sheng Siong CEO Lim Hock Chee.

"The ransom was re-negotiated to $2 million. Informant placed the cash at Sembawang Park while officers kept tabs," wrote SPF.

"Kidnappers subsequently released the victim near Seletar West camp on Jan 9 morning."

SPF posted on Twitter today at 4pm that the two suspects were arrested within 12 hours from the time the report was lodged and ransom was recovered.

Police said CID and Intel officers conducted intensive probes and ops to rescue victim and nab suspects.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (Investigations & Intelligence) and concurrent Director of the Criminal Investigation Department, Hong Wee Teck said: "We are grateful families of victims remained calm, alerted police and cooperated."

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
First strikes, then riots. And now kidnapping.

How ironic it seems to be from Dick Lee's "HOME" song:

.......This is home truly, where I know I must be
Where my dreams wait for me, where that river always flows
This is home surely, as my senses tell me
This is where I won't be alone, for this is where I know it's home.......

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
How ironic it seems to be from Dick Lee's "HOME" song:

.......This is home truly, where I know I must be
Where my dreams wait for me, where that river always flows
This is home surely, as my senses tell me
This is where I won't be alone, for this is where I know it's home.......

This may be home no more.

Where you stay in tents if you need medical help.

And we are never alone.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly, Pinky can be singled out as the worst PM in Singapore's history. Second in line is Woody Goh.

Difficult to judge as Singapore's history is not long. At least Singapore didn't suffer very badly during the 2008-2009 global recession. His only mis-judgement I find so far is to ramp up immigration before infrastructure is ramped up. So far he has been back-tracking on immigration, which is also not very good economically.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Difficult to judge as Singapore's history is not long. At least Singapore didn't suffer very badly during the 2008-2009 global recession. His only mis-judgement I find so far is to ramp up immigration before infrastructure is ramped up. So far he has been back-tracking on immigration, which is also not very good economically.

I think the SG government would be quite populist in the next 2 years until the GE comes.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the SG government would be quite populist in the next 2 years until the GE comes.

It's all in their grand master plan.

Post GE 2016 coincides with completion of Temasek's retirement village in Iskander to throw us unproductive elderlies there, thus making way for another 2 million FTs. Shortage of hospital beds in Sg will indirectly forced many over to Johor hospitals like Gleneagles, Peter Lim's medical centre and Columbia which are built mainly meant for Sgreans.

Who wants to stay in tents while being treated.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think misjudgement is an understatement, it is too big a mistake to make as the PM of a country that has disastrous consequences on the citizens' livelihood, current and future well-being.