• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB no white cards. Be careful.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://mocsarawak.wordpress.com/2011/10/27/beware-of-johore-immigration/
Be careful. Don't end up paying thousands of dollars and jailed for couple of days!

Immigration people can be unpredictable at times. Most of the time as you drive in to get your passport stamped, they will insert a couple of white cards (Entry Card) into your passport without you asking, expecting you to visit their country again.

There are times when they say "habis" - just like that. Their job is not to check to ensure that they have sufficient cards with them ! At the exit booth, they just tell you to go back to the entry booth to get your white cards.

Anyway you need to understand the boredom of the job - whole day just flip passports and then stamp with the wooden chop that they have used since colonial times. I think they purposely stamp loudly so that you can hear that your passport has been stamped (In this modern world, you still need to use a lot of energy just to stamp on the poor passport. I think they use the double-finger scanning just to have a little but of fun! Now these toys are left lying at the country gathering dust.)

As they take their time to stamp the passports, I close my eyes and count the number of "chomp, chomp, chomp" - two chomps for 1 passport and 4 chomps for 2 passports.

"Selamat pagi" and "terima kasih" to them and you are on your way. To those who have invested their dream in Iskandar, it is just a little inconvenience to tolerate - biasa lah! They show them more respect than to our own Men-in-Blue.

You try to quai lan with them, they may make you do nude squat. According to their ICQ Officer, it is legal as they have their own SOP.

By the way, during peak hours along the motor-cycle lane, the Malaysian ICQ officers just stand by and you need to just look like a Malaysian (you know one when you see one) and wave your passport to them. They let you pass; they simply can't check the thousands of Malaysians going home after a hard day's work in Singapore. Now you understand how Mat Selamat got to Johor!

After all that has been said, Malaysia is still a "Truly Asia" country.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Normally exit booth for many country dont have entry card. What for put the card at the exit?? No point.
Always at the entry.
Stupid idiot also asking at the exit booth. Just take extra entry card when enter the country .

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see Macs as another way of milking Singaporeans. Will not kowtow to such schemes. Causeway will still jam as there only 2 lanes. Will not help easing the traffic. Mudlaysia really m&ds. Where got country so screwup that they run out of embarkation cards?
Moreover they can easily "forget" to scan and you LL. nothing to check and you still suffer.

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
They run out of disembarkation cards because other assholes either grab or buy stacks and stacks of cards.

I see Macs as another way of milking Singaporeans. Will not kowtow to such schemes. Causeway will still jam as there only 2 lanes. Will not help easing the traffic. Mudlaysia really m&ds. Where got country so screwup that they run out of embarkation cards?
Moreover they can easily "forget" to scan and you LL. nothing to check and you still suffer.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They run out of disembarkation cards because other assholes either grab or buy stacks and stacks of cards.

You are correct. Many just give $5 the officer will pass one stack no sure how many pcs but is about 30mm.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, Singaporeans by going to JB is investing in the state. Buy houses, do shopping etc. Also many Malaysians go to work in Singapore from JB daily. To think we are treated so badly, maybe should not invest there.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, Singaporeans by going to JB is investing in the state. Buy houses, do shopping etc. Also many Malaysians go to work in Singapore from JB daily. To think we are treated so badly, maybe should not invest there.

Always demand and supply. No one forcing anyone to go Malaysia/JB. But too many people are attract by the lower price eg. house,fuel,foods.......................

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes Sporeans are treated badly, but it's by the PAP who's making us suffer :rolleyes:
Each time I go to Malaysia it's like a breath of fresh air:rolleyes:

In Spore the PAP exploits Sporeans using the "SYSTEM". It's very systematic & well thought out to impoverish us. While in Malaysia, when you hear of such cases, it's usually just an isolated case, an "honest mistake" :o

JayBee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Immigration people can be unpredictable at times. Most of the time as you drive in to get your passport stamped, they will insert a couple of white cards (Entry Card) into your passport without you asking, expecting you to visit their country again.

There are times when they say "habis" - just like that. Their job is not to check to ensure that they have sufficient cards with them ! At the exit booth, they just tell you to go back to the entry booth to get your white cards.

Anyway you need to understand the boredom of the job - whole day just flip passports and then stamp with the wooden chop that they have used since colonial times. I think they purposely stamp loudly so that you can hear that your passport has been stamped (In this modern world, you still need to use a lot of energy just to stamp on the poor passport. I think they use the double-finger scanning just to have a little but of fun! Now these toys are left lying at the country gathering dust.)

As they take their time to stamp the passports, I close my eyes and count the number of "chomp, chomp, chomp" - two chomps for 1 passport and 4 chomps for 2 passports.

"Selamat pagi" and "terima kasih" to them and you are on your way. To those who have invested their dream in Iskandar, it is just a little inconvenience to tolerate - biasa lah! They show them more respect than to our own Men-in-Blue.

You try to quai lan with them, they may make you do nude squat. According to their ICQ Officer, it is legal as they have their own SOP.

By the way, during peak hours along the motor-cycle lane, the Malaysian ICQ officers just stand by and you need to just look like a Malaysian (you know one when you see one) and wave your passport to them. They let you pass; they simply can't check the thousands of Malaysians going home after a hard day's work in Singapore. Now you understand how Mat Selamat got to Johor!

After all that has been said, Malaysia is still a "Truly Asia" country.

how would this be different from Singapore's CIQ?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are totally misinformed. They are trying to make everyone get the automated clearance, they even set up booths in shopping malls to make it simple for Sinkies. The jam during the finger-printing times in June is now history.

Pay RM30 a year => no need any stamping, white cards, etc... what's so bad about this?? A few thousands Sinkies are already crossing the border daily with MACs.. there is no ambiguity nor any ploy to get you into trouble here... all the bros in Living in JB can confirm that.

When they do badly screw them, when they do it right don't screw them.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are totally misinformed. They are trying to make everyone get the automated clearance, they even set up booths in shopping malls to make it simple for Sinkies. The jam during the finger-printing times in June is now history.

Pay RM30 a year => no need any stamping, white cards, etc... what's so bad about this?? A few thousands Sinkies are already crossing the border daily with MACs.. there is no ambiguity nor any ploy to get you into trouble here... all the bros in Living in JB can confirm that.

When they do badly screw them, when they do it right don't screw them.

I remember that Malaysia previously experimented with abolishing the requirement for those white cards. They eventually re-instated the white cards requirement. Even the finger print fiasco was discontinued when it caused delays. Looks like the authorities are trying various methods to streamline the CIQ process.

I suspect they are trying to increase the security because of all the problems coming from Spore. On a daily basis I can imagine all the hordes of " NEW Sporeans" from India, Bangladesh, PRC, filipinos, Indonesian, etc.

These security measures may be targetted at the new Sporean FTs & not long time Sporeans:confused:

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have not visit JB for a long time. Used to go there almost every friday and saturday for at least 2 years. It is plain common sense to check the passport got stamp or not when entering or exiting JB and white card is inside passport. Thousands and thousands do that at any hour of the day and no problem.

The couple better stay at home if they do not have such common sense.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Always demand and supply. No one forcing anyone to go Malaysia/JB. But too many people are attract by the lower price eg. house,fuel,foods.......................

hi there

1. bro, bingo!
2. aiyoh! even some sheep even utter the services of nursing home for some old sheep here leh!
3. honest, going into mudland is just like entering some cowboy town where no law or rule apply.
4. enter with both eyes open!

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
since most people only go up to JB then they should consider moving checkpoint up to Pahang or Negri Sembilanjiow :biggrin: