• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Japanese optical retail chain only wants PR & DP

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kick out the FAP Traitors between now and 2016 if SGs ever want to reclaim the right to decent livelihood in their own country!

[h=2]Japanese optical retail chain only wants PR & DP
holders?[/h]

dmca_protected_sml_120n.png

PostDateIcon.png
August 3rd, 2013 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions

270321_363260477109604_70238066_n.png

(Photo from Owndays Facebook page)

Dear TRE,

I wish to highlight a discriminatory recruitment advertisement currently
being posted on the Facebook page of a Japanese optical retail chain, Owndays
(https://www.facebook.com/OwndaysPlazaSingapura).
They have 1 outlet in Plaza Singapura at the moment and are opening more in
Singapore. Following is their posted recruitment advertisement:

We are recruiting more sales staff again !!

At first, we apologize for not being able to respond to all the applications
for sales staff at last time.

We highly appreciate your kindest understanding. Since the number of
applications was huge, we had to announce you that we stop accepting
applications for sales staff, but now we restart.

Please read well the regulation as below.

【Regulation of sales staff】

Focusing on rapid business expansion in the near future, OWNDAYS, the optical
shop chain from Japan which newly started business in Singapore this year, is
recuriting sales staff urgently. Starting from a shop in Plaza Singapura opened
in this July, we are opening the 2nd shop in Orchard shopping district on this
September. Also we are planning to increase more shops.

[Job description] : Shop sales staff

[Type of employiment] : Full time

[Salary] : S$2200(Full time)

[Work site] : Shops located in major shopping malls in Singapore

[Work time] : 10:00~22:00 (work in shift, 8h), 6 off days/month

[VISA Requirement] : Holder of PR, DP

[Application] : Email to [email protected]

* Remarks : Title of email must be “Application for sales staff
recruitment”

Any applicaion/enquiry by telephone is not accepted.

[Date of interview] : 13th or 14th August 2013
* Remarks : Please mention
your preferable date in your application email.

There may be cases interview date is changed from prefered to the other.

[Venue] : WCC Solution Pte Ltd, 230 Orchard Road, #07-230 Faber House,
Singapore 238854

Please take note of “VISA Requirement”. It appears that
they are only interested to hire PRs and foreigners on dependent pass! What
about us Singaporeans? Also, are foreigners on dependent pass allowed to work in
Singapore in the first place?

Already on the Facebook page, foreigners are swamping to ask all kinds of
recruitment questions. One FT even took a swipe at us, insinuating that
Singaporeans are lazy:

owndays1.jpg

I don’t know since when Singapore has deteriorated into a situation when we
even allow foreigners to come into our home to scold us!

I hope you can bring this discriminatory advertisement to the
authorities.

Thank you.

Singaporean still hunting for a
job

Editor’s note: We have
forwarded the advertisement to TAFEP. Let’s see what they say.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My FT pets will outvote you daft SGs come 2016 GE! *hee*hee*

Sinkies got what they voted for
To be 4th class citizen in a land stolen from them
And displaced by foreign trash who became the 3rd class citizens

VOTE OUT ALL THOSE PAP BASTARDS IN 2016

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you are a sinkie citizen, you can apply. this obviously does not need to be stated. if you are a foreigner, the "visa requirement" requiring you to be either a pr or dp holder applies.

it's another case of sinkies taking it out of context and jumping jackshit on an "if" requirement as though it is mandatory. :rolleyes:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Already on the Facebook page, foreigners are swamping to ask all kinds of
recruitment questions. One FT even took a swipe at us, insinuating that
Singaporeans are lazy:

owndays1.jpg

I don’t know since when Singapore has deteriorated into a situation when we
even allow foreigners to come into our home to scold us!

Seriously this is something very wrong whereby foreigners earning an income in Spore think they are entitled to call Singaporeans stupid, lazy, complaining etc and getting away with it. Aren't all these insults - inciting hatred of Singaporeans against foreigners ? Why are the police not arresting and charge them under sedition act?

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/sear...Id:56538838-3ea5-4de8-a5ff-d345891c6a38;rec=0
Seditious tendency
3.—(1) A seditious tendency is a tendency —
(a)
to bring into hatred or contempt or to excite disaffection against the Government;
(b)
to excite the citizens of Singapore or the residents in Singapore to attempt to procure in Singapore, the alteration, otherwise than by lawful means, of any matter as by law established;
(c)
to bring into hatred or contempt or to excite disaffection against the administration of justice in Singapore;
(d)
to raise discontent or disaffection amongst the citizens of Singapore or the residents in Singapore;

(e)
to promote feelings of ill-will and hostility between different races or classes of the population of Singapore."

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Seriously this is something very wrong whereby foreigners earning an income in Spore think they are entitled to call Singaporeans stupid, lazy, complaining etc and getting away with it. Aren't all these insults - inciting hatred of Singaporeans against foreigners ? Why are the police not arresting and charge them under sedition act?

Those words aren't insults. They are FACTS!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
To be fair when I read the above advertisement for Sales Staff I did not see anything discriminatory about it. I think there is a problem with people who thinks it is. It simply states that in case you're a foreigner you need to be a PR or holder of DP never did it state that sinkies not welcome. I think this is getting overboard.

I stand by the fact that there has been an over influx of FTs in Singapore and many sinkies jobs had been taken over by them and something needs to be done to stop this. However from my personal experience in my capacity as an employer in Singapore my encounter with FTs is they are more productive compared to sinkies for example my sales staff from China are definitely selling a quarter more than sinkies and even compared to Malaysian PRs. My delivery guys from China are also more "chin-chai" to work overtime and not just drive but also carry goods and help in display arrangements. Singaporeans who came for interview bargains a lot like no overtime, fix time no shifts etc etc. These are facts and obviously given a choice from an employer's point of view will prefer to hire a more productive and "less troublesome" guy.

However this does not change the fact that personally I oppose and do not support more FTs into Singapore but if the government continue to allow, competition is hiring then I have to hire too, its about on the same level playing ground.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those words aren't insults. They are FACTS!

Cannot be facts, having worked with Australians before, I would say Singaporean workers are angels and cannot be considered stupid, lazy, complaining etc. However, more importantly, I don't think any migrant workers in Australia will dare to openly in Facebook call their fellow workers stupid, lazy, complaining etc unless they are prepared to be booted out of Australia. Last time when I worked with these migrant workers, all I hear is their hush hush private complaints behind the back, definitely not openly and so blatant public remarks.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Comprehension can be a tricky thing :rolleyes:

It is a matter of interpretation of this sentence in the sedition act -

"(d) to raise discontent or disaffection amongst the citizens of Singapore or the residents in Singapore;"

anything that insults Singaporeans should qualify within this sentence. If not, just change the act to make them qualify.

Like Msia govt charge the Alvin duo who make insults of other people's religion, cannot everything just forgive and move on, if not people will not take things seriously and insults just get worse and worse.

PissNPiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot be facts, having worked with Australians before, I would say Singaporean workers are angels and cannot be considered stupid, lazy, complaining etc. However, more importantly, I don't think any migrant workers in Australia will dare to openly in Facebook call their fellow workers stupid, lazy, complaining etc unless they are prepared to be booted out of Australia. Last time when I worked with these migrant workers, all I hear is their hush hush private complaints behind the back, definitely not openly and so blatant public remarks.

Old man once said Australians are lazy and they still can't forget till now.