• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jacky Wu Zhongxian: if I eat any money, I will quit showbiz (for the 5th time)!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jacky Wu: "If I've committed a crime, I'll quit showbiz!"
Posted: 20 July 2011 1446 hrs
phpliTRc4.jpg

TAIPEI: Taiwan veteran television host Jacky Wu Tuesday vowed to quit showbiz if he is found guilty of criminal conduct, after the Taipei District Prosecutor's Office began investigating him last week over a fraud case, reported Taiwan media.

Wu's friend Xu Feng Yang, who headed a technology company, had paid some NT$60 million (S$2.5 million) to Wu's ailing Light Emitting Diode (LED) manufacturing company for a shipment of LEDs in January 2009.

But Wu's company backed out of the deal in March that same year and returned only NT$40 million (S$1.68 million) of the NT$60 million it received in payment.

According to Wu's earlier statements, the rest of the money - some NT$20 million (S$841,000) - has not yet been returned, two years after the deal fell through.

Taiwan authorities suspect Wu and Xu had colluded to create a fake purchase order, so that Wu could get what was essentially a loan of NT$20 million at the expense of Xu's listed company.

Xu is also under investigation for alleged misappropriation of funds from his company.

Wu has so far maintained his innocence.

"As an artiste, if I've committed a crime, I'll quit showbiz!" declared Wu when he met reporters during a recording session of a television show he hosts.

"I won't set up a fake deal. The accountant told me later that we have returned the money.

"Because I don't have the data now, I really don't know. When I appear in court for the second time, I will collate all the data and explain everything," said Wu of his dealings with Xu's firm.

"I may make mistakes but couldn't possibly commit crimes."

-CNA/ha

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i always like tw variety show he hosts.
he tried to venture business which he not very sure of.
rumours he sold 1 of his apartment to pay some debts.
worst, he is not getting much programs.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I enjoy watchin his programme in the past.. Funny and whacky..
But he should just stick to showbiz instead of dabbling in business..

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i always like tw variety show he hosts.
he tried to venture business which he not very sure of.
rumours he sold 1 of his apartment to pay some debts.
worst, he is not getting much programs.

don't have to worry about this guy.. he won't die so easily one.

he is damn loaded because of all the tv shows hosted in the last few years are very popular in mainland. everytime an old episode of 我猜 is show there, he will get royalty payments.

It also helps when he manages the careers of some of the most popular taiwanese stars like jay chou and Linda..

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
actor's words can trust? i surprised they haven't found out anything about his sugar mummies or any gang connection.

jw5

Loyal
Didn't he claim that he would retire from showbiz on June 30? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I like the shows that he hosts. He practically carries some shows by himself with his silly antics. Silly but damn funny. :biggrin: