• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jackfruit Seeds

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you right, actually the boiled seed that Ah Ram mentioned should be Chempedak seed not jack fruit

Im pretty sure Jackfruit seed can be eaten...

Both seeds can be cooked and eaten. Jackfruit (Mangka) is yellower and bigger and doesn't emit strong smell to the sense of the nose. Chempedak is greener and smaller but emits strong smell to the sense of the nose. Fruitsellers usually sell Mangka in packaged pieces and Chempedak by the whole fruit because of reluctance to cut it up to attract ants, flies and bees. These are of the same family, the taste will end up the same, just as crocodile and alligator.

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
No problem. It's available in some parts of Malaysia and Thailand pasar malam and street stalls. Quite delicious too. :smile:

By deep frying at high temperature, it softens the seed skins too. But I won't attempt that home kitchen. :rolleyes:

Boss, if you got craving for it, tekka market got a stall selling. Very nice :smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boss, if you got craving for it, tekka market got a stall selling. Very nice :smile:

Thanks but I know already. Little India station. Tekka Market and The Verge are my favorite hangabout haunts also. I'm still looking for KNNBCCB to shoot Indians. :mad:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those who eat jackfruit often, what do you do with jackfruit seeds? Do you just throw these away like durian...

lianbeng asked u what u do with durian seed after eating? can use to wash ur hands n mouth no durian smell u know?:biggrin:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't say I always talk about eating meat and dog meat; I eat fruit too.

For those who eat jackfruit often, what do you do with jackfruit seeds? Do you just throw these away like durian and mangosteen seeds? If you do, big mistake and waste. You should keep these and boil.
After boiled, when still lukewarm and moist, peel off the brown skins; the skins come off easily at that time. The white seeds left taste as good as expensive macademia nuts.

lianbeng asked u what u do with durian seed after eating? can use to wash ur hands n mouth no durian smell u know?:biggrin:

What about lampar seeds? I use them to make rendang......shiok skali!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know back then in the 80s, there used to be fruit trees being grown in most HDB estates.. RC members would be the 1st to pluck out the ripe fruits.. I'm bit confused.. Those fruit trees in our HDB estates.. Are there Jackfruits or Mangka?

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

not the seed la, Ah Beng, it's the husk. you scoop water with the husk ( in the hollow where it hold the seed ) wash hands with water hold in there to rid of smell

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wash, put abit of salt and boil. Or after boiling, let dry, then put in frying pan over small flame, toast.

Don't say I always talk about eating meat and dog meat; I eat fruit too.

For those who eat jackfruit often, what do you do with jackfruit seeds? Do you just throw these away like durian and mangosteen seeds? If you do, big mistake and waste. You should keep these and boil. After boiled, when still lukewarm and moist, peel off the brown skins; the skins come off easily at that time. The white seeds left taste as good as expensive macademia nuts.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
WTF... why you come back so early? sure tio dumped, LOL

I watched 7.10 show lah. U think I really go woodlands watch 9.15 show meh? Later some pervert go ambush me. First eye see her, abit disappointed because A cup nia. But she look really sweet and shy, plus got milf look. Wah, song. Now using iPhone, tmr I update my story for u to see. :biggrin:

Got La Ji. If not for a stupid housing agent at the corridor, I would have dig her!

Added: knn, only few hours and you backside itchy go start a thread let ppl fuck u upside down. I don't even dare to post in that thread :biggrin:

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I watched 7.10 show lah. U think I really go woodlands watch 9.15 show meh? Later some pervert go ambush me. First eye see her, abit disappointed because A cup nia. But she look really sweet and shy, plus got milf look. Wah, song. Now using iPhone, tmr I update my story for u to see. :biggrin:

Got La Ji. If not for a stupid housing agent at the corridor, I would have dig her!

Added: knn, only few hours and you backside itchy go start a thread let ppl fuck u upside down. I don't even dare to post in that thread :biggrin:
What I do? :confused:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wash, put abit of salt and boil. Or after boiling, let dry, then put in frying pan over small flame, toast.

Yes, when I say boil, I mean boil with a little dash of salt. That's good enough for a snack. Toasting, well that's optional, especially if you have other ingredients to go along and make up a full dish. Otherwise wasting time, isn't it?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not the seed la, Ah Beng, it's the husk. you scoop water with the husk ( in the hollow where it hold the seed ) wash hands with water hold in there to rid of smell

lianbeng always use durian seed to wash hand then put the seed in mouth to rinse no smell one.:biggrin: try lah.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jackfruit seed skins can be quite hard to peel sometimes, and trust me, don't eat the seeds with skins on. The skin in your mouth will mess and mesh up the otherwise deliciously crunchy seed better than macademia nut. Sometimes, it's like a matter of luck, some are easy to peel, some you'd have to struggle to peel. I tried slitting open up the skin before boiling but still, it doesn't work all the time. There'd still be some skin stubbornly stucked. Anybody with better idea or experience?

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Toast to dry the traces of slime after boiling.

Yes, when I say boil, I mean boil with a little dash of salt. That's good enough for a snack. Toasting, well that's optional, especially if you have other ingredients to go along and make up a full dish. Otherwise wasting time, isn't it?