• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Jack Ma, Rejected for Job at KFC, Buys Piece of It Instead

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Chinese internet tycoon Jack Ma was starting his career, he reportedly got rejected by dozens of employers, among them Kentucky Fried Chicken, which had recently entered China at the time. He later went on to become China’s richest person, founding e-commerce giant Alibaba. Now Alibaba’s financial affiliate Ant Financial will become part owner of KFC in China through an investment in the soon-to-be spun off Yum China.

What would a financial company want with fried chicken? Customers. Ant Financial’s Alipay product is the leading mobile payments app in China. It and Alibaba also have a joint venture food delivery service called Koubei, into which KFC and Pizza Hut’s many locations can be plugged. Ant gains an observer role on Yum China’s board. Sometimes a job rejection sets the table for future success.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2016/09/02/jack-ma-rejected-for-job-at-kfc-buys-piece-of-it-instead/

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When Chinese internet tycoon Jack Ma was starting his career, he reportedly got rejected by dozens of employers, among them Kentucky Fried Chicken, which had recently entered China at the time. He later went on to become China’s richest person, founding e-commerce giant Alibaba. Now Alibaba’s financial affiliate Ant Financial will become part owner of KFC in China through an investment in the soon-to-be spun off Yum China.

What would a financial company want with fried chicken? Customers. Ant Financial’s Alipay product is the leading mobile payments app in China. It and Alibaba also have a joint venture food delivery service called Koubei, into which KFC and Pizza Hut’s many locations can be plugged. Ant gains an observer role on Yum China’s board. Sometimes a job rejection sets the table for future success.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2016/09/02/jack-ma-rejected-for-job-at-kfc-buys-piece-of-it-instead/

I fully agree. Many companies in Sinkapore enjoy rejecting applicants and opt for cheap 3rd world monkies. These companies is a typical example of "got eyes but no Tarzan material".

ginbitchy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fully agree. Many companies in Sinkapore enjoy rejecting applicants and opt for cheap 3rd world monkies. These companies is a typical example of "got eyes but no Tarzan material".

But how many rejects went on to become Tarzan(s) ? As far as I know, most of them ended up as taxi drivers and security guards. The few special ones ended up with Gilbert Goh.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very inspiring.
i once applied as toilet attendant in PAP HQ building, i was refused.
with this story, i forsee i will one day overturn this party.

have faith in me.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to Wiki, " Ma struggled to attend college. The Chinese entrance exams are held only once a year and it took Ma four years to pass.............."

In the same situation in scholarcentric red dot, Ma will probably not be able to enter university and without connections, will struggle to succeed in a business environment dominated by MNC's, GLC's and NTUC and property companies raking in billions .
Any chance of a chap like that venturing into business here will probably be killed by the burden of having to pay his HDB loans,maid levy, COE ect2

Needless to say, you will never see a Jack Ma equivalent here.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to Wiki, " Ma struggled to attend college. The Chinese entrance exams are held only once a year and it took Ma four years to pass.............."

In the same situation in scholarcentric red dot, Ma will probably not be able to enter university and without connections, will struggle to succeed in a business environment dominated by MNC's, GLC's and NTUC and property companies raking in billions .
Any chance of a chap like that venturing into business here will probably be killed by the burden of having to pay his HDB loans,maid levy, COE ect2

Needless to say, you will never see a Jack Ma equivalent here.

jack ma would never make it in sg because he got extremely lucky he started a company that happened to be a it company when he knew nothing about it even till today,that happened to be about ecommerce,that happened to be in china,the biggest most humongous ecommerce market in the world amounting to hundreds of billions even trillions of dollars,and he was supremely lucky that he started in backwards china when the internet infrastructure was still in its infancy in 2000 and he was the first and there was no competition.

he got extremely lucky the stars of the universe was aligned for him otherwise he would not be the richest man in asia today,richer than li ka shing but less than 1/10th the talent or intellect.

Last edited: