• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

It's time to stop paying private sector rewards in public sector

bravenewworld

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is time we stop pay private sector pay and private sector bonuses to people taking care of public funds and managing non-profit organisations? Why? Because it is not working!!!

First they unconvincingly justify paying ministers millions. How did they convince us? They say they are running Singapore Inc. worth billions in assets. What is a few hundred million $ a year for ministers' pay? Now we know how many of those billions are lost. Isn't there a parallel in the real world today? We see CEOs of multi-billion $ financial institutions paying themselves millions when their companies are losing billions and going into bankruptcy. Are we now seeing this mentality filtering down to non-profit organisations like the PA and CDC?

When pays to these people’s own pockets are secured, is there a risk that they may become more risk-tolerent when investing funds that are not their own? Didn’t some CDC invested in DBS High Notes? Did we not see how billions of our reserves are invested in Merrill Lynch, UBS and Citicorp in quick succession when warning after warning have been issued by economists on the impending sub-prime collapse. Now these people say they did not see the gravity and scope of the problem. How could they not see? They are the elite and they have the best brains on whom we have trusted with managing Singapore Inc. They are not your ordinary man in the street. At least that’s what they want us to believe to justify their hugh pays. It is so easy for them to now say that their investment decisions are long-term. Could a bank portfolio manager also say that his investments for the bank are long term after he has lost millions of the bank's money. Will he be spared and will he get to keep his job?

It is so easy to just step down and walk away after the orgainsation you headed have lost billions. No sorry and not a word of explanation, remorse or regret? A year ago, another high office holder couldn’t offer a good explanation for the lapses that led to a top terrorist escaping from detention. What he did is just as bad. He did say sorry in parliament but he did not resign (which is just as good as saying that he is not sorry).

Why can’t these people do the honourable thing. Do both. Say you are sorry AND resign.

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
'Why can’t these people do the honourable thing. Do both. Say you are sorry AND resign.'

Over their dead body when PAP is in power.

jw5

Loyal
Of course it's time.
But unfortunately, 66.6% of the people don't agree with you.
Either try to change their minds or accept the fact that this is what the people want.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the reality of hiding behind a steel cloak.

Remove the cloak, and everybody will be standing stark naked! :biggrin:

It's only then, will we see CHANGE.

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
good to note that Civil Servants are supposed to serve the public and not profiteering from it.

The day the public sector embrace this fact is the day I will not see them as Jiat Liao Bees...

I wonder will that day come...

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
The day the public sector embrace this fact is the day I will not see them as Jiat Liao Bees...

I wonder will that day come...

Remember LKY saying he won't hesitate to shoot 300,000 students to keep order? Or saying that if there is a freak result, army (led by his SAF scholars) will come in and stop it?

Whether 'that day' will cum or not I dunno. I only know that it cannot cum before LKY is dead.

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember LKY saying he won't hesitate to shoot 300,000 students to keep order? Or saying that if there is a freak result, army (led by his SAF scholars) will come in and stop it?

Whether 'that day' will cum or not I dunno. I only know that it cannot cum before LKY is dead.

Don't worry, he will die as did many dictators before him...

He will soon answer for all his self-righteous deeds done in the name of 'justice' in the Heavenly Court of God who confirm got the right to put him on trial and sentence him to be buddies with Hitler and Saddam in Hell!!!

:biggrin:

bravenewworld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi friends who replied to my posting:
This is the first thread I started in this forumn and I don't seem to be able to find my own thread except when I list all threads started by myself. Can you tell me under what category I posted this thread? Thks.