• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

It's been 4 yrs since our favourite minister George Yeo ousted by Low Thia Kiang

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is a likely hood they will get GY to tahan Aljunied due to lack of candidates.
meanwhile they will send their A team to tanjong pagar to counter CSJ..
they will not focus on getting Aljunied back,instead focus on preventing more seats lose

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Lol ask George Yeo to come back to politics? For what? To take a pay cut and be scolded and flamed daily by ungrateful spoilt brats? he is enjoying life now, leave him alone. Singaporeans will get what they deserve."

You should do the same, Daveez boy

... and lift the stress out from your mum

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think the coming GE may not be the top priority for the PAP; they know it will be a victory for them even if they lose a few more seats.... there're other issues which may be more damaging to them....
- the president election.... and a possible revolt within the party in a post LKY era.. :biggrin:

there is a likely hood they will get GY to tahan Aljunied due to lack of candidates.
they will not focus on getting Aljunied back,instead focus on preventing more seats lose

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Even if George Yeo is fielded in Aljunied, he can forget about getting it back.

One of the reasons Georgie boy lost Aljunied is his defending of the foreign workers' dormitory in Serangoon Garden.

'The important thing is to do what is right. You cannot always be worried about votes.'
He explained that the economy needs foreign workers and Singaporeans should understand these constraints.
'When the economy goes down and people's lives are affected... surely that must be politically more costly to the Government,' he said

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
George, the nice guy, deserves the opportunity of a perfect excuse to leave the pap and spend the rest of his life in the Catholic way. For the welfare and love of his people.

Exactly what I thought. Has he left the PAP though ? The fact that he considered the EP once suggests he has. I don't think he is welcome there anyway.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Spot on. That was what my secret squirrel informed me. They know Aljunied is now another Hougang. Recent bad publicity is their final attempt to demonise the WP in Aljunied GRC. Also, to deter suitable chaps from joining WP. Unlikely GY will return.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once GY left, there is more to life than politics (and the strict schedule, such as weekly MPS, etc.)
I am sure during the past several years, GY must be having the time of his life.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
georgie the nice guy?
who still remenber he tekan csj during the early days

Georgie is a nice guy. If we are caught in the orbit of Darth Vader is there any way to tell how we will behave ? Nevertheless I will say that his treatment of the SDP team during the healthcare public representations when he was Health minister and the Philip Gomez incident two GEs ago were not his among his finer moments.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Georgie is a nice guy. If we are caught in the orbit of Darth Vader is there any way to tell how we will behave ? Nevertheless I will say that his treatment of the SDP team during the healthcare public representations when he was Health minister and the Philip Gomez incident two GEs ago were not his among his finer moments.

He is human afterall. Was moved out of Health ministry after it was established he showed favour in facilitating someone close to secure pharmacy contract in a hospital.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Btw, James not Philip.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A little birdie from the grassroots told me that there is a good chance Lim Boon Heng or one of the more respected retired heavyweights will lead the charge in Aljunied GRC.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A little birdie from the grassroots told me that there is a good chance Lim Boon Heng or one of the more respected retired heavyweights will lead the charge in Aljunied GRC.

Agree. Some heavyweight will be sacrificed. In reality, mosquito weight.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Will crocodile tears be shed again when he lost.

pic55.jpg
lim_boon_heng.jpg

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

that is one smart way to get rid of some old fucks ...

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come u suddenly lost faith in your fellow grassroots leader...victor lye ? :biggrin: