• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Items Prove Human Civilization Is Millions Of Years Old.....BIBLE Wrong As Usual !

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Items Prove Human Civilization Is Millions Of Years Old.....BIBLE Wrong As Usual

Full size
xlarge.jpg

[COLOR=#C0C0C8 !important]​

ANTHROPOLOGY
[COLOR=#8C8C8C !important]<CITE style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; OUTLINE-COLOR: ; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT-FAMILY: inherit; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; FONT-SIZE: 13px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; border-image: initial">BY ALASDAIR WILKINS
</CITE>APR 2, 2012 2:30 PM

Ancient hominins definitely used fire at least a million years ago

Fire is one of the most important innovations in humanity's evolutionary history, but it's also one of the most mysterious. It leaves almost no trace in the archaeological record, and it's often impossible to determine when humans began controlling fire.
As such, the range of dates for when humans - or our evolutionary ancestors - first turned fire from a natural phenomenon to a tool is ridiculously large, spanning anywhere from 1.7 million years ago to as recently as 400,000. Both of these times long predate the emergence of Homo sapiens about 200,000 years ago, but they represent the extreme endpoints of the existence ofHomo erectus, the hominin species that most likely was the first to wield the flame.
That's why a new discovery in South Africa's Wonderwerk Cave is so crucial. A massive cave on the edge of the Kalahari Desert, Wonderwerk was inhabited by hominins for hundreds of thousands of years. A newly excavated layer dating back about one million years ago reveals clear evidence of ashed plants and burned bones. These microscopic traces were found alongside those of stone tools, suggesting a link with the cave's hominin occupants.
What's more, the artifacts were found deep enough in the cave that the fire was almost certainly started intentionally, rather than carried into the cave by wind or water. The surrounding surfaces from that time period also showed signs of discoloration that are typical of frequent fires. All the evidence suggests the hominins that occupied this cave a million years ago used fire.
Whether they had actually mastered it is another question. The lead excavator, Michael Chazan of the University of Toronto, think it's more likely that the Homo erectus of Wonderwerk simply happened upon wildfires and carried them inside the cave, making opportunistic use of the fire rather than actively controlling it. Even so, Chazan speculates that these still essentially accidental fires could have had a major impact on the residents of Wonderwerk and hominins in similar circumstances elsewhere:
"The control of fire would have been a major turning point in human evolution. The impact of cooking food is well documented, but the impact of control over fire would have touched all elements of human society. Socializing around a camp fire might actually be an essential aspect of what makes us human."
The confirmed use of fire at least a million years ago is a big deal, but it's still a far cry from hypotheses that call for the use of fire as early as 1.9 million years ago. Favored by Harvard's Richard Wrangham, this idea holds that fire and cooking foods actually helped reshape our evolutionary path by freeing up energy that could be used to sustain bigger brains. While Wonderwerk pushes back the confirmed timeline, it doesn't exactly help the hypothesis, considering all the new evidence argues for opportunistic, occasional use of fire, not the sort of thing likely to jumpstart major physiological adaptations.
PNAS via New Scientist. Image by Michael Chazan.

Contact Alasdair Wilkins:

RELATED STORIES

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Items Prove Human Civilization Is Millions Of Years Old.....BIBLE Wrong As Usual

quite a lot of websites give a lot more examples....................

try google ''objects or things out of time'' or rense.com

I think it is more like stuffs left by aliens or beings not from around here.

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal

the adams calendar is the first place on earth where human started ..abt 200000yrs ago
although Thoth the atleantean says that the sphinx is 5.5 million years old built by a earlier civilization

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SNhYtTdhRuo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hwheels

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am sure the Xtians will still find a very biblical way to explain themselves out of these findings.

I used to have colleague who went round trying convert non-believers. One day, someone couldn't stand it and asked her: "So if you say God is loving and powerful, why do so many bad things still happen to the innocent?". She was stumped and after 5 minutes came up with this answer: "Because God has a plan for all and unfortunately some didn't benefit."

It's time these people get busted for perpetuating deluding fiction.

I once asked a classmate: "So how do you know Jesus really died for our sins?"
She opened the bible and read: "Because God sent his son Jesus Christ to save us..."
I asked again: "So how do you know he exists and is depicted in the Bible?"
She answered: "Because I trust in the Lord. God sent his son Jesus Christ to save us...."

Basically it's a merry-go-round logic. Why is the sun not the moon? Because the moon is not the sun....

Last edited:

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am sure the Xtians will still find a very biblical way to explain themselves out of these findings.

I used to have colleague who went round trying convert non-believers. One day, someone couldn't stand it and asked her: "So if you say God is loving and powerful, why do so many bad things still happen to the innocent?". She was stumped and after 5 minutes came up with this answer: "Because God has a plan for all and unfortunately some didn't benefit."

It's time these people get busted for perpetuating deluding fiction.

I once asked a classmate: "So how do you know Jesus really died for our sins?"
She opened the bible and read: "Because God sent his son Jesus Christ to save us..."
I asked again: "So how do you know he exists and is depicted in the Bible?"
She answered: "Because I trust in the Lord. God sent his son Jesus Christ to save us...."

Basically it's a merry-go-round logic. Why is the sun not the moon? Because the moon is not the sun....

I must say you hit the nail on the head for this one. I can't be so blunt with my relatives who are born again Christian evangelists though.
Having said that I do believe there's a Creator.do you?

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am puzzled...The Church of England decreed that 23rd oct 4004 BC as the start date of humun civilisation... ( I am not sure if thats the day Adam is created..)thats why early Christians believed that the humans existed on this earth for some 6000 years only...

If so, why God sent his beloved son only some 4000 years late to save the world from their sins...???

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Items Prove Human Civilization Is Millions Of Years Old.....BIBLE Wrong As Usual

At least the Bible is correct on one count and that is humans cannot live beyond 120 years old...

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am puzzled...The Church of England decreed that 23rd oct 4004 BC as the start date of humun civilisation... ( I am not sure if thats the day Adam is created..)thats why early Christians believed that the humans existed on this earth for some 6000 years only...

If so, why God sent his beloved son only some 4000 years late to save the world from their sins...???

One should understand that God, being a slow thinker had done pretty well; it took him only 1,461,000 days later to quickly act.

Last edited:

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal

At least the Bible is correct on one count and that is humans cannot live beyond 120 years old...

I thought it's 100 years old? No? Pl enlighten me.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kinana said:
How do you know it is accurate till 50000 years?

If you know science, you will know it is accurate up to 50,000 years. They won't bluff you and claim 100,000 years or 1,000,000 years. If you don't know science, you have to live 50,000 years from the past to know that this is indeed so or you depend on faith.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal

carbon dating is accurate as high up to 50, 000 years with a standard deviation of only about 300 years. higher numbers we do not use carbon dating, and lim bey dun feel like telling you what we use. oh 50 000 >>> 6000

http://books.google.com.sg/books?id...q=standard deviation of carbon dating&f=false

Dear Scientist (???) Rojak,

You have missed an very important point! The issue is not so much about the degree of accuracy whether it's =/1 50,000 years or +/- 50 million years. The important issue is the process in conducting the carbon dating. Typically, the lab technicians will ask you to estimate the age of the item and then from the 'estimated' age, the technicians will then perform some magical computation to give you a 'better estimate'. So, the whole process of carbon dating is totally unscientific to begin with.

In any case, the carbon dating is used to date on dead things and many scientists have spent their lives in trying to make sense out of some nonsense. A better way is to look at the living objects rather than looking at dead things of the past....million, million of years' old.

No evolutionists especially those evolutionists who are anti the flood-story told in the Bible dare not go further to find out whether the oldest individual tree is old 4,765 years old. This is the botanic fact. The tree is still living and growing. Up to now, no botanists could find any individual tree that is older this this one. The reason is very simple: Because biblical flood had destroyed all the trees and after the flood subsided, new trees started to grow. It is obvious therefore the oldest tree has to be approximate the date around the time of the global flood as told in the Bible. And by the way, the age of this tree doesn't need to be dated by carbon dating methodology. The date of this tree can easily be estimated by botanists by looking at the 'rings' and other botanical features. While carbon dating gives you nonsensical date like 'about 500,000 years with +/1 10,000 years, the tree is dated to be precisely 4,765 years old!

For your info, Scientist (???) Rojak, the following is the description of this oldest tree:

The world’s oldest individual tree lives 10,000 feet above sea level in the Inyo National Forest, California. A staggering 4,765 years old, this primeval tree was already a century old when the first pyramid was built in Egypt. The tree is hidden among other millennia-old Great Basin bristlecone pines in a grove called the Forest of Ancients. To protect the tree from vandalism, the forest service keeps its exact location secret, but this one looks like it could be Methuselah.

'

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal

we are millions of years old and yet we are so stupid and so ignorant..so cruel and so barbaric. what happened along the way. we should be wiser and wiser not more and more idiotic...and stupid...sometimes we behave worse than animals...kill for the sake of killing ...simply kill and slaughter our own kind out of greed...and utter stupidity. million years old stupid human being!

Quite well said....

Yes...unless God acts, even giving another million years to human, we are not going to change for the better, morally-speaking. By all historical account, we are going to be worst then we are today. I wonder what will we be like million years from today....from moral perspective.

As Bible-believing Christians, we believe human are just 6,000 years old and even this just this short period, we have 'evolved' (I used this word because many people don't like the word create) from God-given perfection - morally-speaking - to current state of total depravity of demonic-scale! If we go by the theory of evolution, we can never find the answer. But if we go to just the very first book of the Bible, Genesis, the answer is there: All because man has disobeyed God. It is this disobedience that we ended up in this total depraved state.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

so far, no scientist can prove that carbon dating can be accurate till 50000 years. It is a claim, not something proven at all.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal

xtian cant prove it either......oops they can..by using the bible to defend the bible....lol....

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thats correct, there is no proofs at all that carbon dating is accurate till 50000 years.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal

if there is no proof about carbon dating then there is no proof at all that the bible is the real deal...........

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal

if there is no proof about carbon dating then there is no proof at all that the bible is the real deal...........

That's correct....no one...not even Christians can prove the accuracy (or the inaccuracy) of carbon dating.

But I don't really understand what it actually meant when you or someone say: Is the Bible real?

Nonetheless, the answer is of course, yes. It is real. You can buy them in almost all bookshops, not just Christian bookshops. Just go to Times, MPH, Popular bookshops, etc you can find them. It's real.

But I think you are referring to the stories told in the Bible. Were they real? And of course they are real because many of the stories can be backup with archaeological discoveries. There are still many stories that are yet to be discovered by archaelogists and that does not mean they are not real. The findings simply have not been discovered. Up to now, no archaelogical findings have contradicted the Bible stories. What have been discovered so far are just the tip of an iceberg.

As I have mentioned in my earlier thread, scientists will use very very very old remains of bones, screws and other 'rotten' objects to prove evolution is 'true' and they have intentionally ignored the live objects. For example, it is a botanic fact that the oldest individual tree that is still alive and growing is 4,700 years old and botanists are still couldn't find any trees that are older than this. Why....the reason is simple: The Noah's flood can offer an explanation to this. Noah's flood that occured around this time had destroyed all the trees. After the flood subsided, new trees started to grow and it's very logical that the oldest tree must be around this age, i.e. 4,700 years' old.

Last edited:

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal

use the bible defend the bilble.....use the bible defend the bilble......any trees that has been destroyed must be noak ark tale.......lol

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal

use the bible defend the bilble.....use the bible defend the bilble......any trees that has been destroyed must be noak ark tale.......lol

You have missed the point.....I am talking more about the live tree that is 4,700 years' old. My point is why there are no trees older than 4,700 years old.