• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

It will be tough to change India

B Man

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21583994-indias-economy-its-tightest-spot-1991-now-then-answer-be-bold-how

India has been riddled with corruption, red tape (leading to more graft and corruption), low industrialization, poor infrastructure, massive unemployment , low levels of education and crime to boot.

Even the recent growth spurt was stifled by all the greedy politicians positioning themselves for more bribery by setting more red tape. Causing massive headache to investors...

They have a long way to go...

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always think India is getting too big for her own good. From caste system, ethnic violence, social discrimination, sexual discrimination, regional separatism, religious conflicts etc. These fault lines are perhaps the reason why no large Kingdom that existed on the history of the sub-continent ever stayed united and will eventually disintegrate into smaller states. Present India will face the same fate when the time comes.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always think India is getting too big for her own good. From caste system, ethnic violence, social discrimination, sexual discrimination, regional separatism, religious conflicts etc. These fault lines are perhaps the reason why no large Kingdom that existed on the history of the sub-continent ever stayed united and will eventually disintegrate into smaller states. Present India will face the same fate when the time comes.

Yeah baby this is good news!!!:biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
...........They have a long way to go...

I recently spoke with a supplier's representative based in Mumbai. Over dinner I asked him about the situation in India with regards to the recent incident and the outcome of the the rapists of the 23 yr old medical student on the bus and the behavior of the general public in the streets. This gentleman is a highly educated academic, well travelled and exposed. His answer was that the Indian society is never going to improve as they are a confused lot who are caught up in a modern democracy system but with values stuck in the dark medieval past. With modern communication facilities like TV and internet just serves to confuse them more. I heard from his colleagues that he's asked for a transfer to Singapore.

Cheers!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not like after washing vegetables you can eat it.

It's more like trying to clean shit under water and with detergent.

let me ask you do u think you can scoup up soup with a fork? Do you think a bucket full of holes and hold water? Do you think an elephant can stand up just on it's forelegs and balance? No? Yup trying to improve shitland is akin to doing all of those if you can accomplish them well then perhaps you are the messiah. Nice analogy of cleaning shit with water and detergent.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tough? More like impossible.

Bro you know other poor asian countries like cambodia, vietnam , laos, myanmar are all improving and fixing their stuff and getting their act together yet this fucking shitland is still the exact same i mean you really really really need to wonder wtf do so many ppl have some sort of fixation with the country and think it will accomplish great things. I mean ppl can ignore all the filth and backwardness of the ppl/animals that live there and think it's great spiritually or think it has a chance in hell to even stand head to head with china when it cannot even compare to the SEA countries.

If you want to put this into say students going to graduate and enter uni india is like that stupid ITE student that was in the normal tech stream last time and never even got into the upper top section of his class and got retained a few times and yet you have his teachers praising him saying he's going to make it into university. China is like that good student but just did badly during primary 6 (early 20th century) and ended up in normal stream but managed to do well afterwards and got into express and even special stream and later made it to a top JC and obviously getting into university for him will be a much better shot. Yet for some fucking odd reason the teachers think this stupid ite student will be able to enter uni and match up with china. Honestly the comparison is so similar with india and china it's like comparing a gangster student from ite that isn';t interested in studying and thinking he can do as well as A star student in JC and enter the university. :rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another comparison between india and china it's like 2 army guys taking ippt. India is like that pes C9 recruit that is obese and ppl somehow thinking he can not only pass his ippt but get gold in it while china is that pes A recruit that maybe didn't exercise regularly but keeps on exercising so that he can obtain gold in ippt and match up to present gold ippt recruits like USA for example. Now imagine for a moment in a fit of madness you think the pes C9 obese recruit can get gold for his ippt let alone pass it and then think about how some ppl actually think india can match up to china let alone even make it. You then realize that the world has a lot of mad ppl that think that the impossible can happen.