• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

It is necessary to block Chinese job-seekers from entering Singapore

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always thought that PRC need visa to enter Singapore now because some covid-19 restrictions were not fully-reversed.

Lately, workplace get a lot of walk-in applicants, not just from Philippines or Malaysia, but younger Chinese. They appear to enter with tourist/social visa and some middlemen (HR???) are planning their day-tours to various companies for job interviews. NTU is also desperate for China students, instead of local Singaporeans, by engaging agents to do recruitment in China.

There is already competition for CECA (no restrictions), so I hope we will take into consideration of the economic challenges ahead and protect some jobs for Singaporeans.

China's youth unemployment hit a new record high of 21.3% in the second quarter.
https://www.businessinsider.com/chi...ail-industrial-production-unemployment-2023-7

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
if mangoes are ripe and firm can hire as office decor.
and they are very friendly, more friendly than air-stewardess. can bring them go karaoke after work and sing 血染的风采

image00.jpg

Friend in high-tech company wanted to hire China office staff. Ended-up many asked him if they can get posting to Singapore. They just want to get out at the first opportunity. some via work, some via free education, some thru match-making.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies are screwed. The place will go to the dumps. Eventually.
actually HR of many stat boards are now run by Pinays, Malaysia or China Permanent Residents.

Another friend's global company also in medical supplies. They hired CECA in charge and pegged his bonus to sales. So CECA head made Singapore team filled up customer's warehouse and supermarkets to create unsustainable growth in the first quarter, he got his bonuses. The second quarter sales tanked, and singapore team get fucked and fucked until they resigned. Then he brought in more of his own people, who started fresh with a lower benchmark from second quarter.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually HR of many stat boards are now run by Pinays, Malaysia or China Permanent Residents.

Another friend's global company also in medical supplies. They hired CECA in charge and pegged his bonus to sales. So CECA head made Singapore team filled up customer's warehouse and supermarkets to create unsustainable growth in the first quarter, he got his bonuses. The second quarter sales tanked, and singapore team get fucked and fucked until they resigned. Then he brought in more of his own people, who started fresh with a lower benchmark from second quarter.
And what did your friend do?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is how dirty they play. My friend is struggling to stay in the job because he got home loan to service. CECA will only force you to quit, they will not sack you which looks bad on them and pay you severance.
Knn. I thought your friend owned the company.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian chinese go back to malaysia misbehave and claimed to be Singaporean. Pinays, CECA, PRCs all identify as singaporeans despite no local roots, you find them all over RCs and schools parent volunteers group, get into elite primary schools. Need not wait till job-seeking age to see the crisis, even school prefects and head-prefects are all foreigners now, hahahaa

By definition, "local" should refer a child with a father who served NS or grandfather who served NS (if the daughter married a foreigner).

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Enough is Enough. Stop all these nonsense.

I ever took a grab from airport, the driver is also not local, told me how he hooked up air stewardess by asking them buy duty-free things and gave them free rides home. Now grab deliveries also done by non-locals.

so liberalized.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
as a local, i also scared to interact with these foreigners. They don't follow rules in Singapore.

A peaceful weekend to me now, is one that nobody calls me and I need not go out.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rich people come, i got nothing to say. These are not just job-seekers but they also bring their whole clan over, worse, many get to lead Singaporeans.

Dubai did a better job protecting the rights of their people, they will never grant citizenship to foreigners despite working there for decades.

Patriotmissile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always thought that PRC need visa to enter Singapore now because some covid-19 restrictions were not fully-reversed.

Lately, workplace get a lot of walk-in applicants, not just from Philippines or Malaysia, but younger Chinese. They appear to enter with tourist/social visa and some middlemen (HR???) are planning their day-tours to various companies for job interviews. NTU is also desperate for China students, instead of local Singaporeans, by engaging agents to do recruitment in China.

There is already competition for CECA (no restrictions), so I hope we will take into consideration of the economic challenges ahead and protect some jobs for Singaporeans.

China's youth unemployment hit a new record high of 21.3% in the second quarter.
https://www.businessinsider.com/chi...ail-industrial-production-unemployment-2023-7
Many countries don't welcome them and Singapore is one of the few that still welcome.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You choose - you wanna CCP or CECA to flood our market ? We need either one to balance the rise of mardes in the region.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
and they are very friendly, more friendly than air-stewardess. can bring them go karaoke after work and sing 血染的风采

image00.jpg

Friend in high-tech company wanted to hire China office staff. Ended-up many asked him if they can get posting to Singapore. They just want to get out at the first opportunity. some via work, some via free education, some thru match-making.
But chicon land bestest. World's 2nd largest economy... technology lumpar 1 etc..will overtake ang mor lands etc...y would the tiongs want to leave?