• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

It is 2010: Where is Singapore's World Cup Soccer Team?

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goal 2010 is abolished long ago :rolleyes:

Hope Singapore qualify for Asian Cup 2011 :biggrin:

I am well aware it had been abandoned.
Just that when President Kennedy shoot for the moon the Americans achieved it. When ex PM GCT shoot for goals he can just dream on. His visions doesn't seem to be realised.

Where are the "more good years" he had promised?
And I am speaking about more good years for the common citizens.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
The person who start this thread must have been living in a cave for the past 5 years. Goal 2010 already shift goalpost liao. Goal Post can shift one U dunno meh? The Goal Post now shift until we won't even get to see the 2010 World Cup in June liao KNN :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

No I don't live in a cave. I am fully aware what happened. MBT had said it is not feasible years ago to GCT. I simply want to ask again where is our team? It's like asking where are the more good years GCT had promised.
Are these all false visions and promises?
So remember don't ever believe that the PAP can deliver everything......

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No I don't live in a cave. I am fully aware what happened. MBT had said it is not feasible years ago to GCT. I simply want to ask again where is our team? It's like asking where are the more good years GCT had promised.
Are these all false visions and promises?
So remember don't ever believe that the PAP can deliver everything......

That one everyone knew from the beginning they can't deliver and its been mocked at from the very start so no need to remind. U guys like to forcus on the wrong things.

U want to remind us of something remind us of the National Stadium. That one feasible, doable and EVERYONE and their grandma expect it to be done. KNN how many donkey years liao the "Old Lady" still standing. Somemore 1 month ago just hosted another international Football match. KNN!!!! :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
My father always right-politician's word can trust, shit can eat.
How about Mah's slogan our dream team (they are really dreaming now) kallang roar (become kallang asthma).
The minister pay are justified for doing fuck off.
Don't you all remember that we were grooming for a World Cup Soccer Team and should be ready by now.
Where is it?

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
No count as far as I am concerned. I am talking about a World Cup Soccer Playing Team.

Then give a ticket for all the playing team to watch from the stands at South Africa..like that count or not?

This is one thing nobody can do anything about it, PAP or oppo...the only thing is that someone who doesn't know his stuff forgot to keep his trap shut. The withdrawal from M League is not about WC 2010, it is that the m&ds got too greedy in wanting to get a portion of Kallang gate receipt. The rest as they said is history.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
That one everyone knew from the beginning they can't deliver and its been mocked at from the very start so no need to remind. U guys like to forcus on the wrong things.

U want to remind us of something remind us of the National Stadium. That one feasible, doable and EVERYONE and their grandma expect it to be done. KNN how many donkey years liao the "Old Lady" still standing. Somemore 1 month ago just hosted another international Football match. KNN!!!! :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

You are missing my point.

You wanna know about the National Stadium?
Do you know that the TOTO funds were meant to be for the promotion of sports in the 70s? The PAP have moved these funds to the general govt coffers and is probably used with taxpayers money to pay their mega salaries and perks

History teaches us the future.

lancerglxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't you all remember that we were grooming for a World Cup Soccer Team and should be ready by now.
Where is it?

Since Singapore football team did not qualify for world cup, our govt rightly banned the world cup matches. I love them for sticking to their principles.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello...please read the Ministers words lah..

I recalled he say:

Goal 2010, we hope to have a team representing Singapore in the World Cup 2010...he is RIGHT.

He didn't say a soccer team right? We do have a team leh...the negotiating team trying to negotiate broadcast rights loh...LOL

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's no WC in 2100 lah...its either 2098 or 2102 which I can bet you my life that team spore will not even come close to qualify.

wow lau ooi... by the time 2098 or 2102, most if not all of us here will be dead..

so whats the point of betting your life on it:confused::biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow lau ooi... by the time 2098 or 2102, most if not all of us here will be dead..

so whats the point of betting your life on it:confused::biggrin:

Not to worry if we're all dead by then; we won't miss a thing. Singapore still won't qualify then.

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah.... you guys talk about a century from now.... The REAL Goal 2010 is to make sure that StarHub or SingTel can win the right to broadcast the matches.... Otherwise, all of us have to go to Malaysia to watch it! Let's give them all our support so that we can even stand a chance to be spectators of Goal 2010!!!!!!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's like our pledge - an aspiration, not an ideology.

hi there

1. oh ya! talk is cheap too.
2. aspiration without conviction and commitment.
3. and yet, sinkies pay millions for talking cock and cock talking.
4. i guess the world-class thing is also some aspiration man!
5. sinkies boleh!

hillary888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The worst part about local soccer is their decision to allow Singapore Pools to have SCORE and STRIKE, thinking that it will increase local soccer fan base. On the contrary, S League is still boring and they succeed to create more Gamblers.