• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iswaran's trial - DPP Tan Kiat Peng vs Bahyi

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
pay iswaran high salary. iswaran still want to steal eat all these freebies. now waste tax payers money prosecuting him. FUCK PAP. FUCKING WASTE OF SINGAPOREAN MONIES :FU:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Barely two days, and the prosecution already surrendered 7 charges. See good the top Bayi lawyer is? Oppies should learn never to stinch on hiring a good lawyer.

InCollage_20240119_235753794.jpg

Chief Prosecutor Tan listed the charges Iswaran faced and asked for his plea to be taken. "CP, you are asking for the plea to be taken now?" asked Judge Tan.

Chief Prosecutor Tan confirmed this, and Iswaran spoke, saying: "Yes, I intend for the plea to be taken now. Not guilty, your honour."

The prosecutor then asked for the case to be adjourned for a pre-trial conference. He asked for agency bail - of S$800,000 - to be extended to Iswaran.

Iswaran's lead lawyer, Senior Counsel Davinder Singh, then raised "a matter" with the judge on the number of charges.

He said: "Your honour, on Monday, the CPIB charged my client with 36 charges and took cautioned statements on all 36 charges. This morning, we learnt from documents that were handed to us by the prosecution that there are now 27 charges."

"I'd like to know from my learned friend whether the prosecution is proceeding with the remaining nine charges," said Mr Singh, turning to the chief prosecutor.

Chief Prosecutor Tan replied that the prosecution is not proceeding with the other nine charges after "considering all the evidence that was in this case".

Mr Singh then asked the court to note this decision.

"It would appear that in the matter of two days, a decision has been taken not to proceed with the nine charges," Mr Singh told the judge.

"According to my learned friend, that is because they have reviewed all the evidence. But I would have thought, your honour, that the evidence would've been reviewed thoroughly before the 36 charges were levelled against my client on Monday. And so, for now, all I would say is that it is surprising but highly significant that after what I assumed was a thorough review and the levelling of the nine charges, in a matter of two days, there has been a complete change of position. I will say no more about that for now," said Mr Singh.

In response, Chief Prosecutor Tan said: "I think my learned friend will understand that the evidence will include whatever the accused has stated in his cautioned statements. That's all I have to say so far. If my learned friend wants to pursue this subsequently we will address it in future."

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
Mr Singh then asked the court to note this decision.

"It would appear that in the matter of two days, a decision has been taken not to proceed with the nine charges," Mr Singh told the judge.

"According to my learned friend, that is because they have reviewed all the evidence. But I would have thought, your honour, that the evidence would've been reviewed thoroughly before the 36 charges were levelled against my client on Monday. And so, for now, all I would say is that it is surprising but highly significant that after what I assumed was a thorough review and the levelling of the nine charges, in a matter of two days, there has been a complete change of position. I will say no more about that for now," said Mr Singh.
chief prosecutor tan kiat.peng boss must have tell him to withdraw last minute as per instructions from higher level to avoid these charges from going into public domain and embarrassing the pap further...

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
chief prosecutor tan kiat.peng boss must have tell him to withdraw last minute as per instructions from higher level to avoid these charges from going into public domain and embarrassing the pap further...
The ones we should look at is the one which CPIB places on the table of Lee Hsien long.

Not the one on the prosecutor table.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If Iswaran didn't hire the top Bayi lawyer, the 7 charges wouldn't have been dropped. A cheap lawyer would have been hoodwinked by the prosecution and get his own client convicted unnecessarily.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Disclaimer:- This was meant purely for intellectual exercise, & nothing personal or any intent to offend anyone.

Based upon the latest Court case drama, it is ALREADY evident on how EVENTUALLY the defendant's case would result - Senior Counsel would win & Mr Iswaran would go scot free, acquitted except for ONE charge.

Most lawyers would be happy to have numerous charges whittled down, so as to focus upon what remains, but SC Singh broke the mould & DEFIANTLY challenged the State Prosecutor on WHY the other 7 charges were dropped.

There may be several reasons, but ULTIMATELY, a lawyer, even a simple one than the costly SC, would be able to turn CPIB case upside down, as lawyers are taught & trained & do have several WEAPONS to win a case, complex or simple. Two critical weapons are:-

A. To prove beyond REASONABLE DOUBT

Justice is harsh, but will always be tempered with compassion. No Human would face harsh sentences should a case be unable to be proven beyond reasonable doubt, as NO Judge-representative of civilization- would want an innocent fellow Human to face the harshness of justice unless there is NO doubt of intent on the crime committed.

In Mr. Iswaran case, by withdrawing the 7 other charges, it would mean that there WAS reasonable doubt even to CPIB & AGC, & thus when there are such doubts, of which can be many, & most critical if it is on procedural matters, which would be ENOUGH to throw the entire case out of the window, as when there is doubt on procedural issues over 7 issues, how more would the other 27 charges be considered?

B. Procedural issues

From the moment of arrest, the investigations & charges filed, there are PROCEDURES that Rule of Law Nations would adhere to, so as NOT to deny the RIGHTS of a fellow Human. It would mean that the accused has the right to engage lawyers, be served with notices, not to be tortured, make statements against his will, etc, etc.

Should ANY of such procedures be denied to the accused/defendant, then whatever that was obtained by the investigating officer would be rendered null & void, & the defendant goes free.

C. Mitigation factor

As this case was about gifts, SC would fight upon SYSTEMIC issues to win the case. Singapore's SYSTEMIC law over gifts issue is clear - it must be declared. However, as Mr. Iswaran is a Minister, he would have secretaries & subordinates. He cannot do everything alone as his responsibilities are high & need their help.

In the end, the buck ends with Mr. Iswaran - he simply had failed to ensure that his subordinates did their duties - to declare gifts. It is an act of negligence, & thus, his resignation after decades of serving the country - a mitigation factor that a presiding judge would consider, & he would be free to live in the Bahamas with his millions earned.

The one responsible - would probably be a Fall Guy, to take the blame, perhaps even the whistleblower. It is only negligence & his penalty - to never be employed within govt services again, but is free to be employed in the private sector, some of which may be Mr. Ong Beng Seng numerous companies, as another Jiakliabee with no responsibilities but endowed with high salary for life, as a reward for his sacrifice....

In such a case when such judgements are passed - EVERYBODY wins, even SOCIETY.

Mr. Iswaran, with a mere slap on his wrist,

SC Singh wins with the acquittal of a high profile client, another feather into his trophy chests,

the Fall Guy with a secured stress free job for life,

CPIB had shown its credibility, willingness & abilities to show that no one is above the law,

the govt that showed it is willing to pursue any civil servant even a cabinet minister in the course of justice & anti-corruption aims, lessons learnt, to regain trust of voters. public & worldwide audience that Singapore is corruption free & most critically, be spared of any further chaos in order to progress & evolve....

However.......Who is the ACTUAL DEVIL in this case - that offered TEMPTATION?

The devil is MORE critical to be brought to justice & the likes or the aims of them MUST be eliminated in order for Civilizations - local or foreign, to progress & evolve....

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are the best, CoffeeAhSoh, regardless of whatever gender you wish to portray as.

My salute to you, for your tireless efforts, even in the middle of the night while most Singaporeans are sleeping peacefully, to dig out relevant FACTS & present it here in SBF, before even any social media bothers to do so, that concerns our society.

Cheers to you. :-)

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

"Based upon the latest Court case drama, it is ALREADY evident on how EVENTUALLY the defendant's case would result - Senior Counsel would win & Mr Iswaran would go scot free, acquitted except for ONE charge."

Errrr.... may i ask which is that One charge that will stick... ? :thumbsdown:

Kamsia ...:thumbsdown:

Last edited:

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
dereliction of duty, negligence, failure to ensure systemic procedures are followed thru, as the buck ends with him.

All SC Singh needs to do is to show that Mr Iswaran is a cabinet Minister, with heavy responsibilities, & thus had to assign tasks to his subordinates, whom were the ones whom failed to follow systemic procedures such as DECLARING offered items by others.

Witnesses will be called, multiple cross examinations by both SC & SP will be made, as the fair & free trial will develop over time, with many twists & turns, only expected...but the outcome is only predictable...

Do take note that Mr Iswaran had pleaded not guilty to ANY of those 27 mentioned charges, even after all this time & with the best Senior Counsel advices. In the end, no matter the circumstances, Singapore Judges are not fools. They know where the buck ( responsibilities ) lays in & will pass judgement accordingly..

Make NO mistake - Mr Iswaran, although a high ranking Singaporean to that of a Cabinet Minister, is but a small fry in the scheme of issues.

It is the MASTERMIND behind Mr Iswaran that needs to be brought to justice, no matter what seemingly, presumed or supposed blackmailing secrets the mastermind holds, to be made an example of, so that NO MORE such cases be brought up that cast aspirations upon our govt, our judicial system & society at large,...

Last edited:

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone ever wondered what if Iswawan actually did something Patriotic but offended some significant group or person? Anyway moral of the story is PM is really a very nice and patient person

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kamsia ...
"Do take note that Mr Iswaran had pleaded not guilty to ANY of those 27 mentioned charges, even after all this time & with the best Senior Counsel advices. In the end, no matter the circumstances, Singapore Judges are not fools. They know where the buck ( responsibilities ) lays in & will pass judgement accordingly..."

Screenshot_2024-01-20-03-43-01-22_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tan may be a Chief Prosecutor, but he's still a small boy compared to Bahyi.

in S'pore................if FamiLEE wants you in jail.................hire all the best lawyers in the world also no use..............IsWALAN will only waste money and get a heavier sentence than simply pleading guilty

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
in S'pore................if FamiLEE wants you in jail.................hire all the best lawyers in the world also no use..............IsWALAN will only waste money and get a heavier sentence than simply pleading guilty
I supposed the acceptance of free tickets would not be considered as a very serious bribery issue.
Iswaran will just get a fine, case closed !

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only one coming out of this saga looking a fool will be the CPIB.

Bahyee will eat the DPP for breakfast lunch and dinner.

And PAP wayang show of perfect incorruptibility moves on.