• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

is your pay 3 million dollar ? Then you higher than our dear leader !

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
And with the multiple times of salary for your "1st class leaders", The escape of MSK is coming to his 1st annivesary, the losses of the 4 banks has hit $186,000,000.00 and it is still increasing. Fail investment of ABC learning of $400m and there is not a single report on it. TC lost funds but only reveal exact figures after pressure, and refuse to admit any mistake on their part. There are alot more failure and news blackout like shincorp fiasco, singtel write off, micropolis...i believe alot of the veteran here knows best of what has happen.

Well, you could look at it as a disaster or you could look at it in another perspective that if someone else was at the helm, it could even be much worst.

You could say someone else could be better at doing it, what about someone else faring much worst?

Problems are meant to be solved and learnt from it, not to be discussed about and keep regurgitating it as it has already happened. The right direction should be moving forward than keep stepping at the same spot. This is my general opinion of how things should go. Don't always harp upon it. We are all humans, Everyday we learn something new. No one is god and can predict what can happen and what cannot happen.
So if we are going to talk about the unhappy stuff, a molehill can be described into a mountain. If we are going to talk about the happy things, there will be people who say there is nothing happy to talk about.

Life is only so short. Think about the good and don't harp on the bad:p

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is people who are QUALIFIED are not willing because of high expectations of the population and majority expecting them to take up the mantle and yet not be paid near their peers.

While the people who are WILLING are not qualified. They have the gusto, the fearless attitude, the drive to serve the country, but they fall short of the required quality to steer the ship.

:o

Have it occur to you why this is only happen in our country and not the rest of the world?

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, you could look at it as a disaster or you could look at it in another perspective that if someone else was at the helm, it could even be much worst.

You could say someone else could be better at doing it, what about someone else faring much worst?

Problems are meant to be solved and learnt from it, not to be discussed about and keep regurgitating it as it has already happened. The right direction should be moving forward than keep stepping at the same spot. This is my general opinion of how things should go. Don't always harp upon it. We are all humans, Everyday we learn something new. No one is god and can predict what can happen and what cannot happen.
So if we are going to talk about the unhappy stuff, a molehill can be described into a mountain. If we are going to talk about the happy things, there will be people who say there is nothing happy to talk about.

Life is only so short. Think about the good and don't harp on the bad:p

If base on what you have said, then everytime when there is a mistake, we should feel lucky because it could be worst. In fact we should be grateful to those who have made the mistake instead of making them account for it?
Whether it could be worst or not should not be taken into consideration unless there are proven facts. And definitely it cannot be the excuse to shake away the responsibilities of the mistake made.

People do make mistake and no one can be 100% right all the time. Sacking them just because of mistake is also not the only right way. But the main point is how severe is this mistake, yes of course we do not have to sack the person if it is a minor we want him to solve it and help him learn at the same time.
But if it is a major mistake, then i am afraid he has to go. And in public service, you have to account to the people. Unless you are telling me the escape of MSK is minor, losing 186b is nothing, if not i see no reason why the top are not axed. Golden rice bowl?

And since you like to compare with private sector, with a major mistakes like this, do they have to resign to answer to the boss and board of directors?

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
I quote $400K because I read somewhere that George Bush gets that a year as President of USA. So after the end of his tenure, what did he get? A collapsing economy, numerous bailouts for many banks, financial institutions. Did he do well or did he do badly? So is $400K of work a year worthwhile for all these, don't forget the amount of hatred that some parties has against him. It's a thankless job.

Corruption. Let's look at whether its easier to find a corrupted policeman in malaysia or in singapore. In singapore, you speed, you want to bribe the policeman, vs you speed you want to bribe the policeman, which place is easier? Why the disparity? Is it because of the severity of the punishment that policeman do not dare to take bribes or is it because he needs more money for his family?

Most countries' policemen are not well paid. It's because of these they resorted to bribes. It's like what you said, it's because a robber is poor, he resorted to robbery. If not would you want to rob a bank if you are rich? If you are rich and yet still want to rob a bank, you are mentally ill, that's all I can say. Girls resort to prostitution because they need money. That is why, no one who is rich will do all these things.

Back to salary for Prime Minister. This is the 3rd time I am saying this.

Would you take up the mantle to be Prime Minister at a pay of $33K a month? No one dare to take up. You said there are many others who are willing to take up the mantle, the problem will be will you dare to take up?
Remember, if you dare to take up the job, how good you run the country, no one pat your back. You screw the country, everyone thirst for your blood. $33K a month, Worth it or not:wink:

Robbers are likely poor but that does not mean that all poor must be robbers. Please get that straight.

There are plenty of people willing to take over if not for the punitive judgements handed out in the defamation lawsuits.

Since you want to bring in the police force, are there not instances where our police have succumbed to bribery? You are saying that higher pay reduces corruption. I am not disagreeing with this, what I am saying is that reasonably good pay plus the necessary controls will keep corruption in check. This means that there is no need to pay astronomical salaries to stamp out corruption to a negligible level. Seems like you don't understand the logic. If this system has worked for our police force, I see no reason why it can't work for political leaders.

The side effect of the leaders taking such obscene salaries for holding public office is that it proves to the population that the only motivator is money. They themselves feel that there is no hope for Singapore and money is the only compensation acceptable for their service. This is the hidden truth and many Singaporeans have realised this as well, which is why many in the middle class are eager to emigrate.

With such a strategy chosen, I foresee that society in Singapore will become more and more polarised. The income gap will widen (already evident) and those currently in the middle layer will either move closer to the top layer or closer to the bottom layer. That means that you either become comfortably rich or miserably poor, the middle layer will cease to exist.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Robbers are likely poor but that does not mean that all poor must be robbers. Please get that straight.

Then I have to get this straight to you.
99% of Robbers are poor and desperate before they commit the crime.
99% of the poor don't become robbers. The other 1% might become robbers if they are desperate.

No where did I said all poor must be robbers. Hope you can get this straight too.:wink: