• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is the PM LHL a gullible person?

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the guy who had "mee siam mai hum" written into his speech and he read it out without thinking. This is a guy who has never ordered food from a hawker center before. Why would the son of LKY be allowed to meet a hawker face to face? Obviously he's out of touch with the ground.

I once had hopes for this guy but he's turning out to be even more of an idiot than that Goh Chok Tong. He just wants to turn Singapore into another Dubai. He's starting to regard the foreigners as an even more important constituency than the people who vote for him. He only cares about what outsiders think.

I suspect that the Chinese govt had pushed him to allow more of their guys into Singapore, and he had no balls to say no to them.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good points

By the way, his eldest son with HC is in a relationship with PRC maiden who is studying at MIT. Brought her to meet old man before flying to China to meet her folks.

This is the guy who had "mee siam mai hum" written into his speech and he read it out without thinking. This is a guy who has never ordered food from a hawker center before. Why would the son of LKY be allowed to meet a hawker face to face? Obviously he's out of touch with the ground.

I once had hopes for this guy but he's turning out to be even more of an idiot than that Goh Chok Tong. He just wants to turn Singapore into another Dubai. He's starting to regard the foreigners as an even more important constituency than the people who vote for him. He only cares about what outsiders think.

I suspect that the Chinese govt had pushed him to allow more of their guys into Singapore, and he had no balls to say no to them.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good points

By the way, his eldest son with HC is in a relationship with PRC maiden who is studying at MIT. Brought her to meet old man before flying to China to meet her folks.

What does LKY think about the foreigner issue? It is interesting. I don't believe that LKY is 100% behind the influx of foreigners. This is the same guy who stuck his neck out to stop people from reproducing because he feared an overcrowded Singapore. This is the same guy who was virulently anti-communist. Singapore did not have diplomatic relations with China until 1990 which was the year he stepped down (or "stepped up" to Senior Minister, however you want to call it.) His resignation letter had this cryptic line, "the people who made Singapore into what it is today must be properly taken care of." The more I think about it, the more it seems the meaning is "wake the fuck up, son, before the people vote you out."

Personally I don't think it's a problem for LHL's kid to date whoever he wants. LHL was once married to a Malaysian if I'm not wrong. It's only a problem if he's going to be the future prime minister of Singapore. But I'm sure that there are enough people out there to prevent that from happening.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
F Grade

LHL is not gullible. He is simply useless as a PM.

he shd just resign before he causes more damage

That's true. I had a friend whose friend was cunning in exams but sux big time when reality required him to produce results. He failed so many times and I wasn't surprised about it anyway. Some people are just good at academic but they become idiots when reality requires them to perform. Like Ma Su ? Ma Su was an example of a disaster. :*:

Another whom my sis knew is just a lecturer now. What's the point ! Should be a commando or an elite of that industry like Sim Wong Hoo, rite ? Sigh. Another one belonging to the wastepaper basket. :(

Some people are just not practical people. Academic people lack certain things to make them successful in real life. Silver spoon fed LHL will not know what entrepreneurs and grassroots do for a living. :mad::rolleyes:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: F Grade

Some people are just not practical people. Academic people lack certain things to make them successful in real life. Silver spoon fed LHL will not know what entrepreneurs and grassroots do for a living. :mad::rolleyes:

Now you want to talk about academic people: you should remember that Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook and Page and Brin, founders of Google, were from the elite universities. They were all academic people. Academic people by right also do have the ability to make it big in the business world. But of course, all of them were academic enough to get into the top universities, and also all of them were street smart enough to drop out of those universities in order to do what they really wanted to do.

The funny thing about academic people is: why do Singaporeans do not have more inventions? Maybe academic people are not so good at connecting with people. But they should be good at inventing things, and producing high technological stuff. South Korea probably has the right to brag about the performances of their schoolchildren, because they have produced a Samsung which is a technological superpower. Nowadays nobody talks about Sony anymore so I suppose they can thumb their noses at the Japanese.

Academic people may not necessarily be leaders of men. We should leave that to people with other talents. Academic people should not be CEOs of industry unless they have demonstrated other leadership qualities. But they should be inventors, and they should win big academic prizes and make great discoveries. The question we should be asking is why is Singapore not a technological superpower? Finland has produced Nokia and Linux. Estonia has produced Skype. Israel has produced so many technological inventions that the USA goes out of their way to give them special protection. But Singapore has nothing of that sort. We "grow" our "GDP" by fucking around with financial numbers and screwing the masses.

Andrew Ng founded coursera. He's not Singaporean, but he was an RI boy so I suppose we can be proud of him. He's also a top researcher in artificial intelligence and published several important papers in the field. But of course he had to escape NS in order to do all that.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe The Very Good Few

Now you want to talk about academic people: you should remember that Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook and Page and Brin, founders of Google, were from the elite universities. They were all academic people. Academic people by right also do have the ability to make it big in the business world. But of course, all of them were academic enough to get into the top universities, and also all of them were street smart enough to drop out of those universities in order to do what they really wanted to do.

The funny thing about academic people is: why do Singaporeans do not have more inventions? Maybe academic people are not so good at connecting with people. But they should be good at inventing things, and producing high technological stuff. South Korea probably has the right to brag about the performances of their schoolchildren, because they have produced a Samsung which is a technological superpower.

Academic people may not necessarily be leaders of men. We should leave that to people with other talents. Academic people should not be CEOs of industry unless they have demonstrated other leadership qualities.

Maybe, it is unfair to say ALL. But, when we say academics sux at practical stuff ... automatically we are referring the majority are like dat.

It is a sad thing that we have only one Mr. Sim to lead the world in his area of expertise.

Actually, the Japanese had lost that initial lead in electronics when the USA was already exploring deep and wide on IT. This is the weakness of the Japs. They failed to learn the English language in school because everyone at that time had to kowtow to the Japs for their businesses and their technology transfer and learn Japs.

Both Bill Gates and Zuck were dropouts. And they are from Harvard ? Sim was also a dropout.

Is your LHL a double degree holder ? :*:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Maybe The Very Good Few

Both Bill Gates and Zuck were dropouts. And they are from Harvard ? Sim was also a dropout.

Bill Gates and Zuckerberg were dropouts from Harvard. As in they did well enough in school to get into Harvard (note: anybody who gets into Harvard is either a top student or a child of a Harvard alumnus), and then they dropped out of Harvard. It is not as though they didn't do well in school. Page and Brin were PhD students from Stanford - and getting into a PhD program in Stanford is harder than getting into Harvard. Yes it's fair to say all four of these were academic people. But it's also fair to say - Facebook was invented in Harvard, and Google was invented in Stanford (it was the PhD thesis that Page and Brin were working on). Bill Gates studied computers at Harvard, and he also met Steve Ballmer at Harvard.

I don't want to speak up for LHL, so let's leave it at that.

USA was exploring deep and wide on IT - where were they doing that? In the universities. But the thing is - our NUS and NTU are supposed to be great universities, but what have they produced?

And I also don't want to say that academics suck at practical stuff, especially when you think about the number of professors who have started businesses. All the technology you use today came out of universities. Computer (ENIAC at U of Pennsylvania) email (Berkeley), operating systems (UNIX I think was from Bell labs), internet (UCLA and DARPA), world wide web (CERN), browser (U of Illinois).

The problem is not academics. The problem is the ability to translate academics into real results. I don't think that academics are that impractical. It's just that we only notice the people with great academic results but lousy practical skills. Or maybe Singaporeans have this tendency to regard academic people with suspicion.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japs Not Strong In IT

Bill Gates studied computers at Harvard, and he also met Steve Ballmer at Harvard.

USA was exploring deep and wide on IT - where were they doing that? In the universities. But the thing is - our NUS and NTU are supposed to be great universities, but what have they produced?

It's just that we only notice the people with great academic results but lousy practical skills. Or maybe Singaporeans have this tendency to regard academic people with suspicion.

Our academics are not well rewarded. They are treated as high class technicians in Singapore ? The exodus must be huge. Some became sales people instead.

I don't know why Japanese aren't interested in computers except robots.
:confused:

RankNameBusinessDropped Out AtAgeNetworth
1Henry Ford
henryford.jpg
Ford Motor Company16Dead$188 Billion (in 2009 dollars)
2Bill Gates
billgates.jpg
Microsoft1953$59 Billion
3Larry Ellison
LarryEllison.jpg
Oracle2064$27 Billion
4Sheldon Adelson
Sheldon%20Adelson.jpg
Las Vegas Sands Corp.1977$26 Billion
5Larry Page
larrypage.jpg
GoogleGraduated University of Michigan35$18.5 Billion
6Kirk Kerkorian
KirkKerkorian.jpg
Tracinda1291$18 Billion
7Michael Dell
MichaelDell.jpg
Dell1943$17.3 Billion
8Paul Allen
PaulAllen.jpg
Microsoft2056$16.0 Billion
9David Geffen
DavidGeffen.jpg
Geffen Records2165$6.5 Billion
10Steve Jobs
SteveJobs.jpg
Apple1853$5.4 Billion
11Richard Branson
RichardBranson.jpg
Virgin1658$4.4 Billion
12Takafumi Horie
TakafumiHorie.jpg
Livedoor2235$3.6 Billion
13Ralph Lauren
RalphLauren.jpg
Ralph Lauren2069$3.6 Billion
14Subhash Chandra Goel
SubhashChandraGoel.jpg
Zee TV1258$2.3 Billion
15Jerry Yang
JerryYang.jpg
YahooGraduated Stanford40$1.9 Billion
16Mark Zuckerberg
MarkZuckerberg.jpg
Facebook1923$700 Million

<tbody>
</tbody>

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What does LKY think about the foreigner issue? It is interesting. I don't believe that LKY is 100% behind the influx of foreigners. This is the same guy who stuck his neck out to stop people from reproducing because he feared an overcrowded Singapore. This is the same guy who was virulently anti-communist. Singapore did not have diplomatic relations with China until 1990 which was the year he stepped down (or "stepped up" to Senior Minister, however you want to call it.) His resignation letter had this cryptic line, "the people who made Singapore into what it is today must be properly taken care of." The more I think about it, the more it seems the meaning is "wake the fuck up, son, before the people vote you out."

Personally I don't think it's a problem for LHL's kid to date whoever he wants. LHL was once married to a Malaysian if I'm not wrong. It's only a problem if he's going to be the future prime minister of Singapore. But I'm sure that there are enough people out there to prevent that from happening.

It will only happen if Singaporeans are all FOOLs, especially the Civil Servants who are paid peanuts and serving "leaders" earning disgracefully high salaries.

LKY once said that only MONKEYS are paid PEANUTS.

A cleaner or a security guard gets about $1650 per month for 12 hours shift and that works out to about $55/ per 12 hours (without medical benefits, etc..., as they are more like the modern-day slaves.

On the other other hand the President, PM and other cabinet frauds earn about $5000 per day.

Look at the DIVIDE. This is dangerous and ought to be nipped in the bud soon.

The French had no bread to eat and their stupid Queen (Marie Antoinette) told them to eat cakes and biscuits - what a sick joke.............

Liberty, Equality and Fraternity was their cry for FREEDOM. Lois and Antoinette went to the Guillotine............

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The French had no bread to eat and their stupid Queen (Marie Antoinette) told them to eat cakes and biscuits - what a sick joke.............

That reminds me of Hamilah Yaccob who told sinkies to buy fish if chickens are expensive. Singaporeans are treated like fools by these bastards PAP.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That reminds me of Hamilah Yaccob who told sinkies to buy fish if chickens are expensive. Singaporeans are treated like fools by these bastards PAP.

Famous Hokkien wise saying; "Bo Hey Hu Are Hoh"

They will tell you to eat fish instead of chicken BUT they will dine at the best restaurants for their steaks, lobsters and venison.

They claim to stay in HDB flats but that is something yet to be known to everyone.

May own Palatial homes in Malaysia, Brunei, Middle East, Australia, NZ or Europe.

These people should pass a law that make them reveal their cash and property worth.

Otherwise we will all be in the dark because our only "saviour" CPIB is beholden to them.

Nassim Jade, etc........all is History until off course the new government takes over.

So we just wait for that day................It will come...........Be patient.......please for I cannot say much more to calm you.

Just like you I too am waiting for that D Day

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
lhl is a gullible person.

he flip flops on policy, has no vision and to call him a leader is an insult.

so the qn to ask is: knn, why he so like dat ah?
becos, he is a mummy's boy, then ho's boy, now become whipping boy of the party cos got a lot of screw ups.

of course, he also use the same tactics as his daddy by suing if he not happy. the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

solution
vote out the clown, and replace with someone who will lead singapore out of this mess.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
HOW can Singapore scholars/generals/admirals become innovators and inventors when they are posted to GLCs and TLCs as fat cat cho-bo-lans ?
One minister without porfolio even declared that he feels climaxed everytime he sees his monthly CPF statements !O Yes,his greatest invention is to talk cock and fabricate the phrases "work cheaper,better and faster" and "upturn the downturn" and expect the GDP growth rates to shoot up.The main criteria for this type of cho-bo-lan post is apple-polishing skills.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
The father of the PRC maiden is a political godfather in the PRC. It is a marriage between a Prince and a Princess.

Good points

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
For his son to be future PM, his son has to be elected and win. As long as voters do not accept him as their MP there is no political future for him.

If his son is on coat tail join a GRC and the GRC loss it will be a good indication that the future of Leegime PAP is finish.