• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is the financial media trying to talk up the market.?

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many say that the recent Wall Street stock rally is only a bear market rally and may soon turn back south. But the Asian markets are taking the cue from the Wall street and dancing to the rhythm..with the financial media playing harping on the tune "recession over, time to buy is now", repeatedly.

The wolf pack mentality has come back to the financial markets.
One idiot sings the tune and then all the rest clap hands and sing in unison.
Till there is a deafening chorus " All is well guys..come splurge your money"

Japan just posted its worst economic data..45 % decline in exports year on year. Data released yesterday.

World's second largest economy is crumbling. Still the same old song, be happy be merry and buy..from the markets.

Something is just not right. The same euphoria of bleak october of 2008 is emerging. The same unsuspecting, unwary and full confidence euphoria.

VeryWise

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are the good times really back? How come I dun quite feel the same? I am still worrying about my ricebowl. I still earn peanuts...oops...not peanuts, they are for immortals...

Is there any fundamentals in the recent months rally? Can it be sustained? I think those who have made a bit, it's about time to take profit.

Many say that the recent Wall Street stock rally is only a bear market rally and may soon turn back south. But the Asian markets are taking the cue from the Wall street and dancing to the rhythm..with the financial media playing harping on the tune "recession over, time to buy is now", repeatedly.

The wolf pack mentality has come back to the financial markets.
One idiot sings the tune and then all the rest clap hands and sing in unison.
Till there is a deafening chorus " All is well guys..come splurge your money"

Japan just posted its worst economic data..45 % decline in exports year on year. Data released yesterday.

World's second largest economy is crumbling. Still the same old song, be happy be merry and buy..from the markets.

Something is just not right. The same euphoria of bleak october of 2008 is emerging. The same unsuspecting, unwary and full confidence euphoria.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stocks, commodities and real estate are headed for the cliff. Not much left for this bear rally. Prolly inflation fears will make commodities last rally to end.

Last edited:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
News like this makes me cringe.

Taiwan exports slump at slower pace in May
from Business Times Online - All The Headlines

(TAIPEI) Taiwan's exports in May fell by almost a third from a year earlier, however the fall was slightly less than expected as a slump in demand from the island's major trading partners showed tentative signs of easing.

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are no fundamentals to explain the present rally. Unless some big time manipulators are behind this facade to push up the market and then strike a solid blow on the average investor. Irrational exuberance has its price.

bekindtonaimals

Alfrescian
Loyal
talking up the market is universal..... property agents will be talking up the market as well... everyone cares for himself....looking for plain sincere advice , forget it... i trust no one these days