• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Thaksin A Criminal?

Hungzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder have you guys heard of a saying. It says that a Porsche would be seen as driving at 80km/hr even if it is parked at the road side.

Is Thaksin a Porsche in this situation?

Today, UK had revoked Thaksin's visa in UK meaning he is seen as a criminal now. But then what is a criminal? I was once told that a policeman is a criminal who prefers to work for an organisation rather than go freelance.

Lets look at the definition of the word CRIMINAL. The problem with criminal is one of both degree and definition, we use tame wolves to guard sheep, we call them dogs. Similary we use tame criminals to guard people, we call them policemen. It is said that the line between a policeman and a crminal is very thin, they think and behave in similar ways, and it is easy to cross that thin line.

Philosophically, a criminal cannot exist in a society without laws, it is by creating laws that we define the criminal. There is no universal definition of where the line is drawn between a crminal and a non criminal. Hence there is such a thing call political asylum. Whether an action is a crime is up to a circumstances to define.

By right you can say someone who organise illegal gambling activities is a crime but for what I know, gamble is a gamble universally. It doesn't mean government approved betting shops like Singapore Pools are legal to offer you bets mean they are no crime in doing so.

So what's your take?

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder have you guys heard of a saying. It says that a Porsche would be seen as driving at 80km/hr even if it is parked at the road side.

Today, UK had revoked Thaksin's visa in UK meaning he is seen as a criminal now. But then what is a criminal? I was once told that a policeman is a criminal who prefers to work for an organisation rather than go freelance.

Lets look at the definition of the word CRIMINAL. The problem with criminal is one of both degree and definition, we use tame wolves to guard sheep, we call them dogs. Similary we use tame criminals to guard people, we call them policemen. It is said that the line between a policeman and a crminal is very thin, they think and behave in similar ways, and it is easy to cross that thin line.

Philosophically, a criminal cannot exist in a society without laws, it is by creating laws that we define the criminal. There is no universal definition of where the line is drawn between a crminal and a non criminal. Hence there is such a thing call political asylum. Whether an action is a crime is up to a circumstances to define.

By right you can say someone who organise illegal gambling activities is a crime but for what I know, gamble is a gamble universally. It doesn't mean government approved betting shops like Singapore Pools are legal to offer you bets mean they are no crime in doing so.

So what's your take?

to sum it up with 4 chinese characters;
成王败寇

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When he try to do a sinkie with the thai pple, that is a criminal act to the thai people and the country and the king.

Of all the leaders that he can emulate, he chose a sinkie LKY and that is his outcome.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since Thaksin apparently can't go back to the UK now, where's his next destination?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

So what's your take?
==================================================================When PAP wants to take over the 4D and horse racing scene in Singpapore , they bill the pte book makers as illegal ! When tSingapore pools take over the 4D operation , they say that it is legal !

So what can you do ? When goverment wants to take over something lurcative , they can name you as illegal , by hook or by crook ! That is singapore !

NOw adays , all the PTE BOOKIES set up their base in malaysia.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since Thaksin apparently can't go back to the UK now, where's his next destination?
SAR (hk), middle kingdom (forefather's homeland), or red dot (controversial, too close for comfort?), some sympathiser of europe place? Maybe his alleged bahamas passport can wriggle him out:p

Hungzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
When he try to do a sinkie with the thai pple, that is a criminal act to the thai people and the country and the king.

Of all the leaders that he can emulate, he chose a sinkie LKY and that is his outcome.

In the jungle, there are many tigers. If you remove one tiger, the others would simply fill up the empty territory. They all are tigers.

Whoever. Chee Soon Juan or Ng E Jay or Lim Thia Khiang. They are all tigers fighting for territory.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think he is coming to singapore.

the haven for corrupt foreign politican to do medical treatment, hide and launder their bride money and to buy properties and stay there.

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal

So what's your take?

Hi Hungzai,

If one steals the contents of a wallet and drops the wallet into a post box does it make him a criminal?

In my view just because one is not caught committing an offence he is still guilty of that offence. That is why there is no statute of limitations for certain crimes.

As for Thaksin, he has already been found guilty, and sentenced in absentia for corruption, even if one were to think that the Thai courts were gunning for him. He has several other charges pending against him.

The UK in revoking his visa is doing the right thing, just like how Premiere League bosses wanted to get him to sell Man City since persons of ill-repute and unwholesome character cannot own football clubs.

Some may say it's plain bias, but the facts remain and speak for itself. He is a convicted criminal on the run.

Anyway, he is now an honorary citizen of The Bahamas he can travel to any other country except the UK on his Bahamian passport.

Cheers,

MentisMortis

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In the jungle, there are many tigers. If you remove one tiger, the others would simply fill up the empty territory. They all are tigers.

Whoever. Chee Soon Juan or Ng E Jay or Lim Thia Khiang. They are all tigers fighting for territory.

i disagree with what you are saying. People who is trying to get things right are not Tigers at all. I guess you still do not understand the meaning of sinkie.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i think he is coming to singapore.

the haven for corrupt foreign politican to do medical treatment, hide and launder their bride money and to buy properties and stay there.

Singapore? hahahah.. I think he opt for somewhere more intelligent. He is too smart to be in sinkieland.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what's your take?

My take - A criminal is a person who has commited a crime(s). A crime is an action where there is/are involuntary victims whose life, rights, property, family, senses, whatever is his/hers has been maliciously violated or manipulated.

Thanksin means nothing to me, but to many, he is a Thug with Sins. So I sez, give the man a fair trial. He deserves one.

Cheers!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
The present conviction appears to be misleading because it appears that in substance Thaksin was found guilty of an ethical conflict not substantive corruption per se. Moreover it is noteworthy that his wife was cleared of the corruption charge linked to his conviction charge. As for pending cases, well isn't a man innocent until proven guilty?

Anyways it is still not clear whether Thaksin has indeed applied for asylum in UK.

As for Thaksin, he has already been found guilty, and sentenced in absentia for corruption, even if one were to think that the Thai courts were gunning for him. He has several other charges pending against him.

The UK in revoking his visa is doing the right thing, just like how Premiere League bosses wanted to get him to sell Man City since persons of ill-repute and unwholesome character cannot own football clubs.

MentisMortis

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bahamas, conferred honorary citizenship:biggrin:
Tax haven too?:p
..still not clear whether Thaksin has indeed applied for asylum in UK.
Think UK has cleverly timed their revoking their visas, whilst being away and avoiding any political or protocol niceties. Puts paid to political asylum question doesn't it?

Last edited:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to set things right, having a visa revoked doesn't mean a person is a criminal. Even foreigners who came sg for long term can get their visas rejected not because they are criminals but because they have been here for a long time and not on Work permits or employment passes.

Anyway, when you have money, many countries welcome you.