• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is MOM's Enhanced WorkLife Grant a scam

frontier

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good morning,

I hope to ask if there're any SME business owners here who applied for MOM's Enhanced Work-Life Grant?

This grant is like a scam, wrote numerous times to follow-up with MOM's appointed agency e2i but they just keep asking for documents, then lost it, then taichi. It is like they are trying to make me give up the application.

Just want to know if it is me alone or there are many other small businesses conned into the application?

Anybody got the disbursement?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The reason is to avoid foreign trashy companies/investors trying to exploit taxpayers money. Are you one of them?

frontier

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason is to avoid foreign trashy companies/investors trying to exploit taxpayers money. Are you one of them?

I applied for 3pax out of 11 employees. I just applied for $6000. I don't think I abused the system, in anyway. On the other hand, I want to highlight that e2i was very arrogant during the Zoom briefing, quarreling with attendees.

It has been 8 months, a lot of documents submitted, repeatedly, when I asked about progress, they told me to pending approval. They are not helping SMEs and they are disorganized about what to request from us, they have no system to speak of. These fat cats are more interested to make me give up.

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I applied for 3pax out of 11 employees. I just applied for $6000. I don't think I abused the system, in anyway. On the other hand, I want to highlight that e2i was very arrogant during the Zoom briefing, quarreling with attendees.

It has been 8 months, a lot of documents submitted, repeatedly, when I asked about progress, they told me to pending approval. They are not helping SMEs and they are disorganized about what to request from us, they have no system to speak of. These fat cats are more interested to make me give up and added weird criterias that were never mentioned.
Sack 3 foreign trashies and you can easily save more than $6,000 without needing to quarrel with e2i.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I clarified. I believe you either misunderstood me or biased towards MOM.
I didn't misunderstand you. Nowadays, in Singapore, it is hard to find company without a single Foreign Trash working for them. As such, MOM is a little curious about your declaration paper. You cannot be that rare gem PAP has missed for decades during their open leg policy.

frontier

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't misunderstand you. Nowadays, in Singapore, it is hard to find company without a single Foreign Trash working for them. As such, MOM is a little curious about your declaration paper. You cannot be that rare gem PAP has missed for decades during their open leg policy.

Why do you think that most SMEs depend on foreigners? The small (S) traditional ones like us wouldn't want to face the hassle to overdeclaring the pay of foreign workers and docking the actual-pay like 12 cupcakes. Yes, many towkays survive on such tricks and big corporations love foreign talents even more. But for every one dishonest S of the SME that you identified, I name you another one like me).
(S for Small, not Medium)
You will find many more small businesses hiring locals and PRs, than Medium or large corporations.

A lot of Burmese, China and Indians nationals respond whenever I place job ads on newspapers (will have more of such respondents if I posted online). I have nothing against them, everyone ones to make a living but I do not wish to hire people who disrupt my company culture. Anyway, I don't have exports to India or China.

COVID took a toll on my business, so i thought government giving some reliefs through the scheme, ended up I realize myself getting that the facilitators were appointment to play me out. So I just posted here to see if I was the only one who got fucked.