• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

is it wrong to horn at pedestrians in the carpark

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
last Saturday, I was at at SITEX Singapore expo, as I am driving out of the carpark, there was this family of 15 with teenagers and granny, and they were basically occupying the entire driveway, knowing that I am waiting for them to make way, they continue to stroll at a very slow pace while laughing. Out of courtesy, I make a very quick and short horn "Bom", not loud at all, less that 0.5 second. The family got startled and the father starts showing me abusive sign language, curse and swear at me.

I cant be bothered as I drive away, but out of curiosity, I just want to find out am I in the wrong?

This is not the first time, I got scolding for horning pedestrians on many occasions. Why huh?
you are not wrong.

they are not right either.

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
last Saturday, I was at at SITEX Singapore expo, as I am driving out of the carpark, there was this family of 15 with teenagers and granny, and they were basically occupying the entire driveway, knowing that I am waiting for them to make way, they continue to stroll at a very slow pace while laughing. Out of courtesy, I make a very quick and short horn "Bom", not loud at all, less that 0.5 second. The family got startled and the father starts showing me abusive sign language, curse and swear at me.

I cant be bothered as I drive away, but out of curiosity, I just want to find out am I in the wrong?

This is not the first time, I got scolding for horning pedestrians on many occasions. Why huh?

I'm going to have to side with you on this one, even though I myself am no driver.

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
got one time a car honk at me at bukit merah carpark... i note down the plate number, then later after finish my appoitnment i go to the carpark to hunt for the car and puncture all the 4 tyres...damn shiok! :p...dis is wat happen to ppl who kuai lan with me...:wink:

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal

You cannot honk at humans. But it is all right to honk at cows which are plentiful in Singapore's roads.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. You are not wrong.

2. When that Ah Beng started swearing, you should've honked again. Only this time, 15 seconds. They're obstructing. And didn't get the hint with the first toot. Deaf maybe?

3. What's granny doing at SITEX?

I think you were too considerate to a bunch of inconsiderate apes.

Cheers!