• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is IT professional from india really that good?

YNT

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was wondering why a lot of employers are hiring IT professional from India?
Any comments? Are they really that good?

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yap, honestly speaking if compare in IT, we can't fight the indians.

They're hired over to sinky and they're highly paid for programming 1st and 2nd generation language in top MNCs, banks, financial/investment firms and government sectors. Cos these language are obsolete and only they know and the main reason is mainly for security reasons. These organizations cannot afford to have any major security breaches, thats why they're willing to pay the indians highly.
What to do, nowadays most IT grads and pros in sinky only learn 3rd generation and OO-programming language..

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was wondering why a lot of employers are hiring IT professional from India?
Any comments? Are they really that good?

There is a saying that goes..... if you encounter an indian or a snake, always kill the indian first.

Always wonder why is that so.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe take a step backward and learn the obsolete languages.

Yap, but still need to hire them to be lecturers and trainers to teach, lecture and train the IT students and professionals here. It'll take some years for this to mature too, but advantage is after that we may not need these so-called foreign talents anymore, thus can generate and preserve jobs for sinkies :smile:

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, like all trades, there are good ones and there are bad ones. i have met both of these before.. not only indians, but singaporeans, chinese, angmohs etc..

for the ah neh IT professionals, Good ones were those that develop the whole front end java apps alone for a $500K project by himself for SCS! lousy ones were those that claimed to be senior java developers but dont know how to use weblogic nor jboss.

i try not to hold racist thoughts against them but it is hard not to; whole IT departments around SG are flooded with them. look at Standard chartered, credit sussie, citibank, fujitsu, SCS etc and u will know why.

i decided to pack up and leave SG for greener pastures elsewhere, no point sticking around in SG and get screwed while the PAP facilitates the screwing process.

Summerbee

Alfrescian
Loyal
IT profession is just like any (Iam in one), you need alot of opportunities for exposure and experience. Indians dominanted IT because they like to hire their own. Indian managers, recruit agencies always hire their own from India. This practice started in US and now dominantes Spore also, which incidentally is one of the most friendly nation for Indian professionals and students. 45-60% of NUS MBA full time intake are Indians. In banks there are many Indians in leadership position also, mainly ang mohs trusted Indians more. There are good ones and of course not good ones just like any people, but the proportion of them in IT (100%) suggested to you its not about good or bad.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have outsourced my IT needs to Chinese, Indians and Sinkies before. No racial bias here but my personal experience with the Indians have been very positive. They always solved our IT problems with minimal fuss. Very efficient.

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
yah its true la ang mohs do trust indians more. aiyah nmind lar, just do what we can do and accept it loh.

life is too short.

live and let live.

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
IT professional from india are GOOD ?? I dont think so... but CHEAP ?? YES :biggrin:

In general , of course there are good ones and bad ones. But they have so many (in term of numbers)... then by proportion, of course there are many good ones lor.

I ever worked in a recruiment firm before, when you scanned through so many thousands of application letters and resumes, you will know that India indians can write fantastic resumes, but no one actually believe what they written in their resume. For example, a 25 yr old IT engineer claimed that he is certfied in Microsoft, Novel, IBM solaris, and CISCO routers..... it must be a joke.. it is not possible to be certified in so many areas and you still need to apply a engineer post :biggrin:

Another possibility is that he bought exam papers from internet and took the test lor :biggrin:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yap, honestly speaking if compare in IT, we can't fight the indians.

They're hired over to sinky and they're highly paid for programming 1st and 2nd generation language in top MNCs, banks, financial/investment firms and government sectors. Cos these language are obsolete and only they know and the main reason is mainly for security reasons. These organizations cannot afford to have any major security breaches, thats why they're willing to pay the indians highly.
What to do, nowadays most IT grads and pros in sinky only learn 3rd generation and OO-programming language..

dun be surprised, their institutes are very advanced in generating quantities of highly skilled engineers with the latest technologies only NUS and NTU could dream of..

but you have to get the few good ones many of whom are now in the States, the rest are so so only. it's sort of like tikam tikam....to get the Indian IT engineers...hehe..

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I ever worked in a recruiment firm before, when you scanned through so many thousands of application letters and resumes, you will know that India indians can write fantastic resumes, but no one actually believe what they written in their resume. For example, a 25 yr old IT engineer claimed that he is certfied in Microsoft, Novel, IBM solaris, and CISCO routers..... it must be a joke.. it is not possible to be certified in so many areas and you still need to apply a engineer post :biggrin:

i mean if they are certified, surely they could provide you with the certification as prove? oh yes! must check for authenticity too...hehe...very troublesome right?

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
their written resume can be well verse in everyting cuz juz write nia no need money ma.

if u tell them to grab a mouse, beware they might go and grab a real mouse.:eek: