• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it legal to take pictures of strangers in a crowd?

Hammerton

Alfrescian
Loyal
It am doing a project on interesting faces. I am planning to take pictures of faces of people in a crowded environment ... say along Orchard Road / on MRT / along queues, etc.

In most instances, I will be zooming-in and focusing on just one or two of those interesting faces (probably strangers) within the crowd. Photos will be taken from a distance with telephoto lens and non-intrusive in nature.

My questions are as follow:-

1. Is it legal to take pictures of strangers?
2. Can I use the photos for my projects?
3. Is it legal to trade in those photos?

Preferably, someone with legal background can help ...

Many thanks in advance.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if stomp allows, i dun see why u cant.
unless u doing sumting illegal.

oh wait, stomp is under singapore press holding. maybe u have to apply for a license.

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1. Is it legal to take pictures of strangers?

2. Can I use the photos for my projects?
3. Is it legal to trade in those photos?

The person to ask is none other than angie of Geylang Checker. She will never tell you no it is illegal. And i also know that you are a clone. :biggrin:

Last edited: