• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is HBD valuing its flats artificially high to prevent property bust?

2standards

Alfrescian
Loyal
200k to 300k is a lot of difference for many people

Frankly, with that amount? I'm better off buying a freehold condo unit. There is one around tanglin area which is going for $430K-$470K. Why not consider that as compared to overpriced shat-hole?
============

the price is low as too near the SAf recruitment area.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Resale houses valuation are artificially inflated so that new HDB prices can be priced high...after all since this so call subsidy is actually subsidized housing below "market price"...

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Resale houses valuation are artificially inflated so that new HDB prices can be priced high...after all since this so call subsidy is actually subsidized housing below "market price"...

Becos of this reasoning, there's always a false bottom for the private prperty value. The market price is always that "premium" above HDB. So govt just need to ensure HDB is priced at a certain level.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is HDB propping up property prices?

FOR sale: the most expensive flats ever launched by the Housing Board.
It has released the last batch of 428 flats at the Pinnacle@Duxton in the prime Tanjong Pagar area, but at a price.

Five-room units start from $545,000 and go up to an eye-popping $646,000 for a 49th storey flat. There are also four-room flats up for grabs, which range in price from $457,000 to $555,000.

The flats at the 50-storey Pinnacle@Duxton were among 992 new flats released for sale on Friday under HDB's latest balloting exercise, which also included surplus units from the Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme in Ang Mo Kio, Jurong West, Kallang/Whampoa and Queenstown.

The flats for sale in Ang Mo Kio are 128 studio units, priced between $80,000 and $115,000.

At Jurong West, 285 three-, four- and five-room flats are available, starting at $142,000.

Buyers can expect to pay $364,000 to $554,000 for the four- and five-room flats in Kallang/Whampoa, and $481,000 to $539,000 for the five-room flats in Queenstown.

The whole idea of the HDB grand scheme of things (in case youre not aware) is to keep the prices high so every peasants will take a larger loan to service them. In this way, Spore is guaranteed of sustaning labor for the next 20-30 years.
The main benefactors are HDB (obviously) & the banks.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
One can have the option to choose whether to buy or not to buy.

Frankly, with that amount? I'm better off buying a freehold condo unit. There is one around tanglin area which is going for $430K-$470K. Why not consider that as compared to overpriced shat-hole? :confused::confused::confused:

zhun bo? so good lobang can share or not?

2standards

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every department has to make more money year on year otherwise how to justify salary increment :smile:

The whole idea of the HDB grand scheme of things (in case youre not aware) is to keep the prices high so every peasants will take a larger loan to service them. In this way, Spore is guaranteed of sustaning labor for the next 20-30 years.

mockingbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

A lot depends on the job markets. If the economy plunged, followed by a severe recession, then many people would lost their jobs and their houses as well.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot depends on the job markets. If the economy plunged, followed by a severe recession, then many people would lost their jobs and their houses as well.

If that's the case, all the more Sinkies will have to stay in town & depend on the govt for scraps. When you have nothing, you got nothing.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is HDB propping up property prices?

FOR sale: the most expensive flats ever launched by the Housing Board.
It has released the last batch of 428 flats at the Pinnacle@Duxton in the prime Tanjong Pagar area, but at a price.

Five-room units start from $545,000 and go up to an eye-popping $646,000 for a 49th storey flat. There are also four-room flats up for grabs, which range in price from $457,000 to $555,000.

Buyers can expect to pay $364,000 to $554,000 for the four- and five-room flats in Kallang/Whampoa, and $481,000 to $539,000 for the five-room flats in Queenstown.

Who are these people who buy these flats
How much loan can you borrow

You must re examine your head again to buy these flats where your salary are capped at $8000 ceiling. How much cash outlay each month. The first 12 years you are paying interest. So think carefully. If your head is not that big,dont wear a big hat. My advice to you. Buy a small flat or resale flat a forstart. Never, never stretch your CPF. Your cash is your bargaining power.
Don't listen to those banks.

KopiJoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't understand how pple can buy a "premium class" HDB with 8k household income.. Assuming they buy it at 600k on average and say borrow 480k..the interest cost would be easily 200k over 25yr loan...the freakin banks will not hesitate to whack you with legal letters if you do not keep up with mortgage payments...fuckin banks are like vultures and will not hestitate to exterminate you if opportunity presents itself...i was fucked by a local bank over a mortgage refinancing 10 yrs old because i was not financially knowledgeable about such matters.

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wong%20Fei%20Hung.jpg

see my location.. kaypoh again.. chey..:biggrin:

2standards

Alfrescian
Loyal
Banks always have your best interest in mind :)

Who are these people who buy these flats
How much loan can you borrow

You must re examine your head again to buy these flats where your salary are capped at $8000 ceiling. How much cash outlay each month. The first 12 years you are paying interest. So think carefully. If your head is not that big,dont wear a big hat. My advice to you. Buy a small flat or resale flat a forstart. Never, never stretch your CPF. Your cash is your bargaining power.
Don't listen to those banks.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't understand how pple can buy a "premium class" HDB with 8k household income.. Assuming they buy it at 600k on average and say borrow 480k..the interest cost would be easily 200k over 25yr loan...the freakin banks will not hesitate to whack you with legal letters if you do not keep up with mortgage payments...fuckin banks are like vultures and will not hestitate to exterminate you if opportunity presents itself...i was fucked by a local bank over a mortgage refinancing 10 yrs old because i was not financially knowledgeable about such matters.

I was young once, so I understand :rolleyes: We used to think that for 30 years of the mortgage repayment, we will continue to be employed, and salary increment is going to be 10% annually, and somewhere in between, we will strike lottery :biggrin:

Today, I will not dare take a loan of more than 200k, and 20 years (actually 20 years no choice, old already, banks won't give more :o)