• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

IS CPF Is form of social security ?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am always wondering why gov always harp on the CPF AND CPF ...saying that it is a form of social security net ?

IS CPF a form of social security net ? I think it more like forced protection money taken ffrrm employer ! How can CPF be a social security net when you cant even withdraw the money when you need it most as you like ? How can CPF be a form of social security net when goverment dictate how much you can withdraw ?

KNN ......... twist and turn their words and best of all sutipd singaporean keep voting them into screw their own buttt .......... yrs after yrs !

Katana

Alfrescian
Loyal
gahment will tell u CPF is to take care of u when u retire but they keep raising the retirement age.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I am always wondering why gov always harp on the CPF AND CPF ...saying that it is a form of social security net ?

IS CPF a form of social security net ? I think it more like forced protection money taken ffrrm employer ! How can CPF be a social security net when you cant even withdraw the money when you need it most as you like ? How can CPF be a form of social security net when goverment dictate how much you can withdraw ?

KNN ......... twist and turn their words and best of all sutipd singaporean keep voting them into screw their own buttt .......... yrs after yrs !

can a pail hold water with a gaping hole at its bottom? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

PJ Boy

Alfrescian
Loyal

How can CPF be a form of social security in any sense of the word when it's your own money in the first place? If you do not deposit money into CPF, you will not get a single cent back from CPF.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 20% of your own salary is a form of forced savings while the rest which is contributed by employers is social security. However, after paying for your HDB flat, many will have nothing left in their CPF ordinary accounts when they are reaching retirement age.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal

what is the difference between CPF and Ponzi? Both takes from one to pay another....can CPF handle a mass withdrawal??

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am always wondering why gov always harp on the CPF AND CPF!

The pap want to ground you to the fact that CPF social net is for them and not for us. Everything that goes up will never comes down, anything that goes into CPF will never comes out. The best solution of wanting your CPF back is to vote the pap out in next election. Unity will get what you want. Spread the message.

Gillette

Alfrescian
Loyal

----------------------

Do not be fooled. CPF is not a social security net or pension scheme. Its a scheme to force Singaporeans to lend to the govt at below market interest rates.

Before the govt bond yields plunged, 10-year SGS were trading well over 3% yield for past few years. - https://secure.sgs.gov.sg/apps/goto/?app=dailyPrices
Now, under CPF, you are forced to lend to CPF/Temasek for average life of 30-40 years at 2.5%.

It doesnt take an investment banker to point out that one can get better return by buying SGS, plus you get the explicit guarantee from govt of Singapore.

shining shin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Like any system the CFP scheme is not perfect and it depends on how you look at it.

If you belong to the group who don't save your income then it makes sense. Otherwise how would these people be able to afford a roof over their head? While it is arguable that the price of the HDB flat could be priced (much) lower, the fact is that without CPF the average Singaporean (young couples especially) would not be able to afford a flat.

If you belong to the group who has paid up for your HDB flat or living in private housing and have excess CPF (meaning a lot of money you can't use) then you will sure whine about money you have but can't use.

Yes. CPF can look like Ponzi scheme. But it depends on how you look at it.

For the government it serves many purposes.
1) CPF builds up the reserve. How this reserve is being used or squandered I shall not comment here.
2) Enable Singaporeans to own their own housing. When the population has something to hold on to they become more obedient.
3) Some people just don't have the habit of putting aside their salary. If these people grow old, become sick, it will be the current tax payer who will have to pay for their health bill. Do you want to pay for somebody else's medical bill?
4) The same group of people who don't save will need money to get by once they retire. I don't think many of us want to pay more tax to support somebody lived life to the fullest while we worked our ass off.

jw5

Loyal

It IS a social security net...................... for them! :(

jw5

Loyal
gahment will tell u CPF is to take care of u when u retire but they keep raising the retirement age.
It is not to take care of you when you retire.
It is to take care of you when you die! :(

jw5

Loyal
----------------------

Do not be fooled. CPF is not a social security net or pension scheme. Its a scheme to force Singaporeans to lend to the govt at below market interest rates.

Before the govt bond yields plunged, 10-year SGS were trading well over 3% yield for past few years. - https://secure.sgs.gov.sg/apps/goto/?app=dailyPrices
Now, under CPF, you are forced to lend to CPF/Temasek for average life of 30-40 years at 2.5%.

It doesnt take an investment banker to point out that one can get better return by buying SGS, plus you get the explicit guarantee from govt of Singapore.
Terms of repayment and interest rate unilaterally determined by them. :(

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
3) Some people just don't have the habit of putting aside their salary. If these people grow old, become sick, it will be the current tax payer who will have to pay for their health bill. Do you want to pay for somebody else's medical bill?
4) The same group of people who don't save will need money to get by once they retire. I don't think many of us want to pay more tax to support somebody lived life to the fullest while we worked our ass off.

no one can deny this fact that it is good for ones nest egg...but....the problem here is the gov is making it all so difficult for peasants to withdraw the money with all sort of hair brain scams to delay the process of withdrawal...

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal

Social securities for them YES!

For you! I donno if they will still be around after a regime change. Maybe it's gone now...since our public debt is so high.

They even have 141th writing stories about CPF gone because ham siap ah peks just want to bonk some Ah Tiong meis meis to justify your CPF continue to remains with them.

Extend your retirement age, CPF can stay longer with them.

Once I get my new passport, i will withdraw all my CPF and probably invest in some overseas property.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like any system the CFP scheme is not perfect and it depends on how you look at it.

CPF can hardly be regarded as your money. The govt keeps delaying the withdarwl age as well as force you to do things against your will like purchase annuity. In conclusion it is very evident that from all these lame scams that CPF has actually gone bankrupt!!!! :mad:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

URGENT !Allow those jobless Singaporeans to withdraw their CPF monies to tide over their daily survival NOW !
No point talking about the future Golden Period if u cannot even survive now.

depeche

Alfrescian
Loyal
URGENT !Allow those jobless Singaporeans to withdraw their CPF monies to tide over their daily survival NOW !
No point talking about the future Golden Period if u cannot even survive now.

I don't think the famiLEE can hear your call...:(

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want to see all your money, surrender your IC n passport, migrate to
another country. You got a choice. Thats what many have done.