• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is 4 GB RAM for a laptop safe ?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
6.9 gb ram a ma'am will be best but because it's binary and multiplier of 2, 8 gb ram bam thank you ma'am will have more room for os and multiple apps running at the same time.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
if it is refurbished, they must declare.
Ebay sides seller, if it is not as described, you can get refund.

Of course, you reminded me that Amazon is even stricter, some are fulfilled directly by amazon. You can refer to these Amazon listings......
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06X9PHY9Y - Acer 15in Touchscreen, i5-6200U Processor, 8GB, 256 SSD
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075RSR8QP - HP 15in Touchscreen, i5-7200U Processor, 8GB, 128 SSD
If you buy from Amazon, and it's shipped out from US, upon arrival will kanna tax by local custom or not ?

What about warranty ?

chittychitty

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you don't play games on your laptop. You use it to watch videos and work on some websites at the same time.

There is no option to upgrade the RAM to 8 GB at a later stage, but I wonder if 4 GB is good enough because the 8 GB will cost another $300, which is 20% of the price of the laptop.

you are asking if it is good enough? Safe confirm safe.......

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you buy from Amazon, and it's shipped out from US, upon arrival will kanna tax by local custom or not ?

What about warranty ?

Yes, will kanna GST because your requirements will cost more than S$400

Warranty wise, some HP models offers international warranty.
But 30-50% cheaper than SG, so no warranty, i will still buy. Just a personal take.