• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'Iron Man' posts photo holding HTC phone on Facebook

PressToTeleport

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'Iron Man' posts photo holding HTC phone on Facebook

CNA
2015-05-02

11053181_425215004313637_9052107527115231274_n_copy1.jpg

The selfie of Robert Downey Jr with a HTC smartphone. (Photo from Robert Downey Jr's Facebook page)

Robert Downey Jr, star of Iron Man, stoked interest in Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC Corporation after posting a selfie of himself taken with an HTC smartphone.

In the selfie, the US actor looked into an HTC smartphone he held up in front of a mirror in a room with a banner that reads "No smoking." The phone sports a sticker showing the actor's initials.

The actor wrote "Too smoking for this room. Better leave," above the photo.

Fans scrambled to leave comments on the photo, with many of them focusing on the phone in his hand, including "HTC is for cool guys," "I've just found a new found love for my HTC," and "Not gonna lie I've just ordered a brand new HTC M9... All because of this photo!"

Some also referred to competing brands, such as "Finally, a celeb that does not use an iPhone," or "Oh please have a Samsung Galaxy."

HTC announced in August 2013 that it had signed a two-year contract with Downey to serve as a spokesman for the phone that includes making commercials to promote the brand and now the company's flagship One M9 smartphone.