• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

iPhone users come in

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use gmail heavily and emails was pushed to my android phone. If I jumped to iPhone, I understand that gmail can still sync but how is the experience as compared to Android? Can iPhone access all of gmail function? On the Android., the only thing is user cannot zoom in to read the text properly.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use gmail heavily and emails was pushed to my android phone. If I jumped to iPhone, I understand that gmail can still sync but how is the experience as compared to Android? Can iPhone access all of gmail function? On the Android., the only thing is user cannot zoom in to read the text properly.

If you used Android phones, you should have no problems with Iphone. Android is improving but Iphone OS still better. Iphone can zoom mails.

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am adaptable to any phone OS. I am concern about gmail function and sync issue. Do iPhone sync all contacts in the clouds or only on iTunes? If on cloud,, need to pay or not?

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am adaptable to any phone OS. I am concern about gmail function and sync issue. Do iPhone sync all contacts in the clouds or only on iTunes? If on cloud,, need to pay or not?

only sync via itunes. not sure whether on clouds, never try

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What bothers me about the iPhone 4 is how horribly jacked-up the price is compared to the US and European prices for the same product. What’s going on seems to be that you’re paying for a retail, unlocked, no-contract iPhone (hence no discount) as you would in the real world, but you’re also required to take out a data plan. Now, it seems that we’re victims of a price-fixing cartel which arrogantly treats Singapore as a private source of unlimited money on demand.

If singapore had a real government, or a real consumer-products-regulation agency in the Government, we wouldn’t be suffering this abuse. But then, that wouldn’t be Singapore

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
What bothers me about the iPhone 4 is how horribly jacked-up the price is compared to the US and European prices for the same product. What’s going on seems to be that you’re paying for a retail, unlocked, no-contract iPhone (hence no discount) as you would in the real world, but you’re also required to take out a data plan. Now, it seems that we’re victims of a price-fixing cartel which arrogantly treats Singapore as a private source of unlimited money on demand.

If singapore had a real government, or a real consumer-products-regulation agency in the Government, we wouldn’t be suffering this abuse. But then, that wouldn’t be Singapore

Every phone is like this, not only iPhone. I have learnt to live with the fact that if I am aggrieved by something, I either don't use it at all, or if I really need to use it and have to use it, I LL suck my thumb and just buy it. Or run the risk of buying an export set by ordering overseas and if there is any issues, got to send it back to where you buy it for rectifications.

Maybe you can get it cheaper from malaysia, but if you are getting it from thailand, its much more expensive than here

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Every phone is like this, not only iPhone. I have learnt to live with the fact that if I am aggrieved by something, I either don't use it at all, or if I really need to use it and have to use it, I LL suck my thumb and just buy it. Or run the risk of buying an export set by ordering overseas and if there is any issues, got to send it back to where you buy it for rectifications.

Maybe you can get it cheaper from malaysia, but if you are getting it from thailand, its much more expensive than here

actually i got mine 3gs free in japan ..:smile:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nothing is free in this world, there must be some strings attached or either service rendered :biggrin:

yes ..theres a catch . the phone is locked ( only for japan use only ) . if not i would have send hundreds to my friend who can sell it in singapore . btw , tissue paper is given out widely and freely in japan .over here , we dont have to pay for tissue :smile: and because of that , we dont have people trying to sell you tissue when you are eating .:smile:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes ..theres a catch . the phone is locked ( only for japan use only ) . if not i would have send hundreds to my friend who can sell it in singapore . btw , tissue paper is given out widely and freely in japan .over here , we dont have to pay for tissue :smile: and because of that , we dont have people trying to sell you tissue when you are eating .:smile:

Talk about tissue, that day I was eating, an auntie push 3 packs of tissue to me, I say ok, take out $1 pass to her. She tell me $1.50:eek: I also chin chai. I was surprised touting tissues have increased by 50%. :p

Back to your free iphone, can't compare japan and singapore la.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Talk about tissue, that day I was eating, an auntie push 3 packs of tissue to me, I say ok, take out $1 pass to her. She tell me $1.50:eek: I also chin chai. I was surprised touting tissues have increased by 50%. :p

my mistake for comparing :wink:

i should have send those free tissue to those auntie ..zero start up $ for their business :rolleyes:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

I will ask the auntie to go away. Buying those tissues is already half charity. Still dare to raise $$

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I will ask the auntie to go away. Buying those tissues is already half charity. Still dare to raise $$

clap, clap . those people who buy tissues from them are encourage more auntie to sell tissues . when the buying stop , the seller stop too .