• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iphone loses number 1 position

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No worries. I'll switch to a 3G razr.

motorola carries a 4g lte razr today that runs android. the version with the longer battery life is the razr maxx. it's 2g/3g compatible and supports both gsm and cdma. the 4g lte razr for umts/hspa/lte with gsm/edge compatibility will come out later, most likely soon. the 4g razr (same as above) except lte support is already available for gsm/edge/umts/hspa networks.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's what I'm using. It's a great phone.... very durable and fantastic battery life even after 3 years.

For all its lack of user-friendliness and unhip image in most parts of the world outside the US, Motorola has always had one sterling quality: its toughness and durability. It's the only phone that can survive brutal knocks and falls and still continue to function without a hitch.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For all its lack of user-friendliness and unhip image in most parts of the world outside the US, Motorola has always had one sterling quality: its toughness and durability. It's the only phone that can survive brutal knocks and falls and still continue to function without a hitch.

Any Motorola phone can break one's skull. Try that with Samsung phone.

PhilOakey

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Survey: Samsung’s Galaxy S3 is bestselling smartphone in Q3

by AFP
9 November 2012 11:04 AM | Updated 11:17 AM

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin: 4px 0px;">South Korean models promoting Samsung's Galaxy S3 during its unveiling ceremony for the domestic market in Seoul in June 2012 (Photo: AFP / Samsung Electronics)</cite>

(NEW YORK) Samsung's Galaxy S3 overtook Apple's iPhone 4S in the third quarter to give the South Korean firm the world's bestselling smartphone model for the first time ever, a research firm said Thursday.

The survey from Strategy Analytics came, however, as Apple was launching the iPhone 5. Sales from both the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 combined were higher than those of the flagship Samsung smartphone.

"The Galaxy S3 captured an impressive 11 per cent share of all smartphones shipped globally and it has become the world's bestselling smartphone model for the first time ever," said Strategy Analytics' Neil Shah.

"A large touchscreen design, extensive distribution across dozens of countries, and generous operator subsidies have been among the main causes of the Galaxy S3's success."

Still, Shah acknowledged that "consumers temporarily held off purchases in anticipation of a widely expected iPhone 5 upgrade at the end of the quarter".

According to the research firm, some 18 million Galaxy S3 phones were sold in the three months to 30 September.

Apple sold 16.2 million of its iPhone 4S in the period and six million of the iPhone 5, which launched in mid-September, it said.

The sales gave the Samsung device a 10.7 per cent market share to 9.7 per cent for the iPhone 4S and 3.6 per cent for the iPhone 5.

Neil Mawston, executive director at Strategy Analytics said the Galaxy S3 "has proven wildly popular with consumers and operators across North America, Europe and Asia", but that its position as the world's bestselling smartphone model "is likely to be short-lived".

He added that with the iPhone 5, "Apple should soon reclaim the title of the world's most popular smartphone model".

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its good that Iphone has been replaced. True that Apple has came up with many innovations but they are fucking kwai lan,,keep telling people what they should use instead of listening to customers giving them what they want.

for example, no sd card expension, no flash support, some weird connector to make users pay more for adaptor, why cant they just use the micro USB that other phones use? I can use my nokia charger for my galaxy phone,,but for iphone must use special connector,,,

and any one got any more to add? with this sort of PAP style of running business,,and competitors getting more customer orientated, they are on a downward spiral,,,

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come I always read this thread title as Ipoh loses number 1 position

Why you people only look at title and not the content of the post? 90% of the posts are either commenting on the title or what the title is believed to be saying.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its good that Iphone has been replaced. True that Apple has came up with many innovations but they are fucking kwai lan,,keep telling people what they should use instead of listening to customers giving them what they want.

Sounds like our f**king gahmen leh.

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal

for example, no sd card expension, no flash support, some weird connector to make users pay more for adaptor, why cant they just use the micro USB that other phones use? I can use my nokia charger for my galaxy phone,,but for iphone must use special connector,,,

and any one got any more to add? with this sort of PAP style of running business,,and competitors getting more customer orientated, they are on a downward spiral,,,

you forgot the formula for planned obsolescence...built in battery!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah funny that iphone really is hard up with the build in battery thing,,they said that it is actually better as got more life etc,,but it was just a load of crap,,i think the Mac Nuts are finally waking up like in the samsung advert,,
[video=youtube;bJafiCKliA8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJafiCKliA8[/video]

i find the advert very funny because its true,,

you forgot the formula for planned obsolescence...built in battery!

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[h=1]iPhone 5 battery issues reported[/h]Seems poor battery life remains smartphones’ dirty little secret.

Apple’s claims to have improved the smartphone owner’s perennial problem of disappointing battery life with the iPhone 5 look to be wide of the mark today, amid an outbreak of complaints from chagrined early adopters.
With no official response and mixed testimonies online, it’s hard to discern the scale of the problem. However, threads on the Apple support forums, one of which stretches to over 100 replies, more than testify to its existence.
iphone_5_black_bottom_half_close_up_520x300x24_fill.jpg

Among them is Holdrege, who reports that his “iPhone 5 drains way faster than my two-year-old iPhone 4. Meanwhile, DJleviathan attests that although Apple claims the battery will provide “eight hours of constant use” in reality it “ends up only lasting half that time”.
One London-based Orange customer who got in touch with us reported that his battery fell from “90 per cent to 10 per cent in eight hours with LTE on”, in which time he claims to have only used the internet to “check the Fulham scores once or twice”.
Apple’s marketing copy claims that the iPhone 5’s custom-built A6 processor is so power efficient that the phone lasts twice as long as the iPhone 4S on a single full charge, despite potential battery-punishing features on the new handset such as a larger screen and 4G connectivity.
The company is also currently attempting to deflect criticism of the iPhone 5's Apple Maps mapping solution, which has been found to be riddled with inaccuracies and spelling howlers.

http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/news/2012/09/iphone_5_battery_issues_reported/

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The funny thing is Google is making no attempts to utilise Motorola manufacturing capabilities,,they just sitting on the patents to prevent them from getting sued,

Look at the Google Nexus phone 2,,its being manufactured by LG. Google could easily use motorola to manufacture or at least use motorola as a test bed for google,,but dont see anything happening yet. Maybe google just want to sell services and not bother going into manufacturing,,

waiting for the aggressive entrance of google/motorola phones in the market to compete