• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

into kiwiland

RelativeV

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I am thinking of migrating to NZ as my first country of choice followed by Australia. I have already applied for a visa under the investor/entrepreneur cat. However, besides the financial requirements that is needed for approval, i do not have the academic qualifications to see me through entirely which makes my decision even harder. What are my chances ?

I would very much like to live in NZ as i believe that she has much more to offer in terms of quality and family life. Is there any like minded person/persons in the same situation as me, past or present, who has serious considerations about moving to NZ.
Someone with dependents, without friends or relatives there, someone who has no prior experience running a business and someone who has no academic qualifications to prove.....taking that big leap into the unknown...!

Any opinions, experiences shared is very much appreciated everyone...thank you ....

RelativeV

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome Bro, just be patient and the regulars on NZ will come in.

Calling on Sam, Kiwibird, Little fish and gang from NZ for your inputs.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the benefit of other S'poreans who are thinking of getting NZ PR via the investment/entreprenuer(business) route, here is the weblink providing details (READ CAREFULLY)
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/general/formsandfees/formsandguides/investbusiness.htm

I have to be BRUTALLY FRANK. Investment/Business(Entreprenuer) category is NOT an easy route and if you have NO experience, sheer determination or knowledge of the NZ MARKET conditions, it makes it even tougher for you.

You should really have a good, long talk with the immigration officer at the NZ High Commission who is usually very helpful. Be very honest with yourself and your abilities, don't build sand-castles in the air.

The investor Plus category 1 needs a startup investment of $10million! Probably to park in a term deposit in a bank and just live off the interests for the rest of your life.
The investor Plus category 2 needs a MINIMUM investment fo $1.5million! to secure the least number of points.

Situation on the ground in NZ now. There is a huge ASIAN community now present not seen 20 yrs ago when I was around. That is the fierce competition you are now facing in NZ.

Small businesses like Chinese restaurants, Asian take-aways, Asian grocery shops , TCM acupuncturists, Asian brothels/massage businesses (competitors of SAMMY BOY) are plentiful even in Christchurch. I reckoned more abound in Auckland. I suggest you RECCE first before making any further plans.

Just started this year, a East Malaysian Culinary family "KUOK" has branched out from their NOODLE making entreprise into the BAK KWA making business. So far no other BAH KWA competitors, I have tried their BAH KWA, (no standard - compared to Bee Chung Heng or Fragrance).

A Chinese Restauranteur has branched out into the pastry business making buns. If only BREAD TALK were here now ('NO HORSE RUN')

If you find the competition tough in NZ, it is many times tougher in Australia.
The Entreprenuer Plus Category needs $0.5million, must employ at least 3 NZ Citizens/PR and the business must be in operation for 3 years.

Last edited:

RelativeV

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all

Thanks very much Kiwibird7 for your reply, however, i can't access the link that you provided. i certainly do need to find out more and certainly, speak to an immigration officer........n hey Scroobal, tku for replying as well....

RelativeV