• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Internet download speed in China so much faster than Spore....PCB

dream_waker

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNNBPCB.....in spite of me paying so much for a farking starhub connection, download speed is so much farking slow as compared to the speed I am achieving in Beijing now... 1st class infrastructure kilan, 4.5 million people only, busily ripping off consumers and yet cannot deliver.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNNBPCB.....in spite of me paying so much for a farking starhub connection, download speed is so much farking slow as compared to the speed I am achieving in Beijing now... 1st class infrastructure kilan, 4.5 million people only, busily ripping off consumers and yet cannot deliver.

yes singapore internet is slow, maybe beijing is fast now, but try to put Liu Xiaobo or Falun Gong in the search engine in Peking.

And let see how fast is it.

want to have a match or not?

please dun compare a third world country, south korea, japan and netherlands, these are real fast internet country.

dream_waker

Alfrescian
Loyal
the fact that China is a 3rd world country make me even more piss off, this shows that spore internet operator is really out to con...farking still have cheek to ask me to renew 2 yr contract with 2X the my existing speed.

btw, i am not interested in most of those things that China banned on the internet, doesn't bother me, I want speed!!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bro, take it easy. Is economist of scale!

:biggrin:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Offering such slow speed is an unforgivable crime for a state that claims to be one of the most advanced telco hub of asia....farking greedy and shameless.
Lucky you're not a mio tv subscriber. If not sure pek chek until stroke.

dream_waker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lucky you're not a mio tv subscriber. If not sure pek chek until stroke.

My friend dump starhub to subscribe to singtel one year ago, claiming that singtel would definitely perform better than starhub becos it is bigger. Now whenever I asked him how singtel speed is, he just keep quite.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend dump starhub to subscribe to singtel one year ago, claiming that singtel would definitely perform better than starhub becos it is bigger. Now whenever I asked him how singtel speed is, he just keep quite.

They're all the same. Not just slow, the intermittent disconnection pisses people off and they had no solution to it.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal

I started the same thread a few weeks back when I was back from Beijing.

In Beijing, I used a 2 Mbps wireless broadband which is faster than the 10 Mbps Singnet I'm using now. The signal from Singnet free modem is also weak and unstable. Kenna disconnected dunno how many times liao. Go to the next room only and the signal dropped 3 bars! My China brand modem much better than that. Its absolutely rediculous and embarrassing.

Called up Singnet, the guy came but give me all kinds of crap reasons. KNN say my speed is slow because I use wireless, my laptop could have kenna virus, the movie website I go to got peak traffic period......na bei

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was in both side of the boat before. starhub is a lot more stable. as i am not a heavy download user, i merely use to play some light games, i am more concern with stability.

if you are living in old estate, don't go for singnet. the connection tends to keep disconnecting and they will say its not their fault. ITS YOUR LINE THAT IS OLD. this is the bloody excuse i keep getting whenever i get dc. when asked isn't the line belong to singnet, they will start throwing smoke screen.

after switching to starhub, except once in a few blue moon maintenance conducted without any warning at late midnight. i do not have much issue with stability. singnet go fucking eat shit

Last edited:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
The signal from Singnet free modem is also weak and unstable. Kenna disconnected dunno how many times liao. Go to the next room only and the signal dropped 3 bars! My China brand modem much better than that. Its absolutely rediculous and embarrassing.

Called up Singnet, the guy came but give me all kinds of crap reasons. KNN say my speed is slow because I use wireless, my laptop could have kenna virus, the movie website I go to got peak traffic period......na bei

Couldnt agree more with you, most of the tech they send had clue at all. They blame the telco line being old, the filter, the modem the PC but they had no solution. Worst off subscriber are on a proxy server that is overloaded.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couldnt agree more with you, most of the tech they send had clue at all. They blame the telco line being old, the filter, the modem the PC but they had no solution. Worst off subscriber are on a proxy server that is overloaded.

so things had not improved after i left that fuck up company and they are still using the same silly excuse.

just go with starhub. no matter what, even if its slow at times (honestly not really too bad, i don't even feel it at all. just that some of you say so well it might be true), at least connection is still stable and the speed is still reasonably fast enough for you to do serious work.

most imptly, the rate singnet disconnecting, is very distruptive if you are working on something that means biz

Last edited:

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
so things had not improved after i left that fuck up company and they are still using the same silly excuse.

most imptly, the rate singnet disconnecting, is very distruptive if you are working on something that means biz

Yes, the intermittent disconnection is still happening and quite often too.

Each time I call them up I have to tell those FTs to get the problem solve and not suggestions that gets no where and they'll send someone down.

But the sad facts remains, sometimes after half a day's work checking here and there they still dont know where the glitch is and the problem stays.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the fact that China is a 3rd world country make me even more piss off, this shows that spore internet operator is really out to con...farking still have cheek to ask me to renew 2 yr contract with 2X the my existing speed.

btw, i am not interested in most of those things that China banned on the internet, doesn't bother me, I want speed!!

Are U on Starhub or Singtel. If U are on Starhub cable, I strongly suggest U move out. The Cable subscription are so overly saturated that whatever stuff they tell U is pretty BS.

FYI the Chinese broadband infrastructure is still < to SG(even in Beijing and Shanghai) although many industrialized cities are already hooked up using fiber connection, the speed of the backbone connection still isn't that great. The reason why U experience faster speed in Beijing could be due to the Great China firewall which is also a proxy for the entire country

And BTW China banned Facebook. lol