• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Intern physically abused by supervisor: Family demands $100k compensation

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Red flags ought to be raised at small companies that take in interns at very low pay year after year. These companies are basically abusing the powerless students and taking full advantage of them.

Yeah, and I don't buy the 'good training and experience' bullshit excuse.

An internship at a small-time, fly-by-night company is just a waste of time, and an opportunity for exploitation. It also does nothing for your CV. Your next employer: "Where did you have your internship? Encore eServices? What's that? Never heard of it, sorry." I rest my case.

Academic institutions and students should just say 'no' to 'internships' from small companies. If you're a guy and are so masochistic, I'd rather you volunteer to extend your full-time NS conscription. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just can not understand this, the Intern must be retarded like the 60% voters. If anyone who strike me at the office, either I "invite" the chap downstairs or the stair well or the 'cul de sac' to have a talk. If not, I will walk off the job, go see a doctor, get a medical report, then make a police report & later go M.O.M., file a complaint. Who would want to stay in a job , for $500 for , how many years???

I am sure this person is retarded & whom did the parents voted??:p

You mustn't be choosy and should accept any job (or internship), otherwise you'll be replaced by FTs. :wink:

Sounds familiar? :rolleyes:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng says: kana slapped still got $100,000 to collect not bad leh! :biggrin: laksaboy, pls slap me harder!

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whilst I certainly do not condone the actions of Alan Lee, claiming $100,000 compensation for a few slaps across the face is ridiculous.
Whatever punishment is handed out to Lee, could anything be worse than public humiliation via the media and the danger of losing your job?

Who would employ such a bully?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes an internship in a small company gives the intern the breath that he will not see sitting in a small, highly focused unit in a large MNC.

In business schools, the trend reversed nearly a decade ago where students ask for placements in small businesses especially by those who are entrepreneurial.

Yeah, and I don't buy the 'good training and experience' bullshit excuse.

An internship at a small-time, fly-by-night company is just a waste of time, and an opportunity for exploitation. It also does nothing for your CV. Your next employer: "Where did you have your internship? Encore eServices? What's that? Never heard of it, sorry." I rest my case.

Academic institutions and students should just say 'no' to 'internships' from small companies. If you're a guy and are so masochistic, I'd rather you volunteer to extend your full-time NS conscription. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope Alan Lee goes out of business and is reduced to driving taxi for a living.

Maybe with a criminal record, the cab companies collectively shitlist him and he'll be reduced to busking on the streets.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How can claim for under pay ? Not like he's being forced to ? $500 per month as agreed is a contract black and white nothing wrong, he's free to leave anytime... He said he stayed because he learns a lot there, maybe he thought after 5 yrs he had learned enough he could start his own company ? He's a graduate he's not a retard !

1 slap how much can claim ?

Lawyers sure ask you to fight !

A person is innocent until proven bankrupt. lol

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next few day u will see Shitty Times report: Alan Lee got wallop by 2 thugs in Jurong
The 2 thugs called themselves "The Shield" justice prevailed!

Now that his face is recognise every where he goes!! wow, popular like TCS stars!!

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if that's the case, might as well go all the way, demand higher compensation.

Should go all the way. That asshole deserve to b shot. He has no intention of grooming the intern. N paying him slave wages. These are the asshole SMC bosses that love FTs n fuck singapore up. Must also b a pappie supporter.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
The family of the 29-year-old intern who was slapped by his supervisor, identified only as Alan, is demanding $100,000 in compensation for lost wages over the years...

Lost wages over the years... probably misguided by their appointed lawyer or in self-delusion.

The family may still get some money not through lost wages, rather through compounding offense under 'voluntarily causing hurt' and it's no more than $1k.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Today Chinese newspaper report that Allan Lee is actually the boss of the company. :eek:

75e63a8e582eb21b12bacc75191dcf0d_zpsae589825.jpg

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Demand 100k compensation? Thru lawyer or bang table ownself?

I doubt victim went for medical examination so even really sue thru the court at most kenna fine which is money makan by govt.

If sue for underpaid, the parents can go fly kite as the son could have walk out if he not happy with salary.

Not i dont pity the victim but his case really weak.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
lianbeng says: kana slapped still got $100,000 to collect not bad leh! :biggrin: laksaboy, pls slap me harder!

Wtf you talking??

Dhanabalan xiang ho tarn liao lor.....kena bitch slapped and collecting millions...you think this intern gong meh???

Last edited:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wtf you talking??

Dhanabalan xiang ho tarn liao lor.....kena bitch slapped and collecting millions...you think this intern gong meh???

lianbeng replies: kana slapped still got money to collect not bad leh! :biggrin: by the way, kana slapped can compensate $100,000 then if kana punched or kicked how much leh? tuayapeh go ahead n slap, punch n kick me hard hard lah! endure for the sake of $$$!

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next few day u will see Shitty Times report: Alan Lee got wallop by 2 thugs in Jurong
The 2 thugs called themselves "The Shield" justice prevailed!

Now that his face is recognise every where he goes!! wow, popular like TCS stars!!

dude, I think you watched too much WWE monday night raw. :biggrin: (off topic: the shield has won the US championship and tag team titles).

back to topic, can the intern's parents really claim $100k for "damages" assuming if they won? hell, it is not even an assault case.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
lianbeng replies: kana slapped still got money to collect not bad leh! :biggrin: by the way, kana slapped can compensate $100,000 then if kana punched or kicked how much leh? tuayapeh go ahead n slap, punch n kick me hard hard lah! endure for the sake of $$$!

Lol ...can,...no problem lianbeng but tuayapeh only got the fucking lint in my empty pocket ai mai......

You should be getting LHL to bitch slap you........ and give you a few flying kicks and "aruken" your head a few times...sure get a few millions siah....... Better if you act blur after that and pretend nothing happened ......

:biggrin:

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This intern should thank his abuser for the opportunity. Not many sinkees get to be abused in this manner, such treatment is reserved for cheap foreign workers. The intern's parents should give the abuser $100k instead.