• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Interesting quotes from Mao Zedong!!!

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was surfing the net and bumped into Mao Zedong famous and interesting quotes. So I copied it down here and shared with you all.

Very interesting and enlightening! When can our MOE start thinking like Mao Zedong???

:biggrin:

"...I am in favor of publishing the questions in advance and letting the students study them and answer them with the aid of books. For instance, if one sets twenty questions on the Dream of the Red Chamber, and some students answer half of them and answer them well, and some of the answers are very good and contain creative ideas, then one can give them 100 per cent.

If some other students answer all twenty questions and answer them correctly, but answer them simply by reciting from their textbooks and lectures, without any creative ideas, they should be given 50 or 60 per cent.

At examinations whispering into each other’s ears and taking other people’s places ought to be allowed. If your answer is good and I copy it, then mine should be counted as good. Whispering in other people’s ears and taking examinations in other people’s names used to be done secretly. Let it now be done openly. If I can’t do something and you write down the answer, which I then copy, this is all right. Let’s give it a try.

We must do things in a lively fashion, not in a lifeless fashion.

There are teachers who ramble on and on when they lecture; they should let their students doze off. If your lecture is no good, why insist on others listening to you? Rather than keeping your eyes open and listening to boring lectures, it is better to get some refreshing sleep. You don’t have to listen to nonsense, you can rest your brain instead…

At present we are doing things in too lifeless a manner. There is too much on the syllabus, and examinations are conducted in too rigid a manner. I cannot approve this. The present method of education ruins talent and ruins youth.

I do not approve of reading so many books. The method of examination is a method for dealing with the enemy, it is most harmful, and should be stopped." - Mao Zedong

Privpho

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mao was a hypocrite- he himself loved reading books especially on Chinese history. But he has a refreshing perspective on how exams and education should be conducted though- makes some sense if you think about it.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mao was a hypocrite- he himself loved reading books especially on Chinese history. But he has a refreshing perspective on how exams and education should be conducted though- makes some sense if you think about it.

I like Privpho's perspective of Mao's Thinking.

Mao was indeed a hypocrite.

He started as a WARLORD promising peace, and prospertity, through communism rule.

With support from his trusted brothers like Zhou En Lai, and more... Mao gained popular support, won the hearts of the peasants, and made a China united, and overthrown Chiang Kai Shiek's Government.

Mao is a military strategist, and he is not a economist.

China's economy was ruined by some unapplicable policies imposed.

To keep himself in power, the people CANNOT be too educated. When most people are ignorant, refuse to learn and think carefully, relying on copying and duplicating, creativity CANNOT THRIVE, and there will be no sense of self, everything would be depended on others to think for yourself.

So as you can see, the educational system derived from Mao's thinking serves to create an ignorant population, that refuse to think for themselves.

And asking people not to read books is as good as asking them not to be open to new ideas. (therefore keeping the communism thinking de facto)

Thinking carefully about Mao's sentence, I can understand his true intentions.

That is : To keep the entire population docile, without questions of the authority, and keep their minds simple (& ignorant), so that they can remain in power...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>That is : To keep the entire population docile, without questions of the authority, and keep their minds simple (& ignorant), so that they can remain in power...

Does this sound familar in YOUR SINGAPORE???? does 66.6% come to mind??? and EWE SINGAPOREANS, lead by......ha ha ha ha

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY : Meet me in the cul-de-sac. I have my knuckle duster and hatchet.

MZD : [Bang!] [Blows the smoke off his gun barrel.]