• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Interesting People You Met During National Service

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those from armor must have heard of this crazy CSM called LKY
Knew him when he was sgt.
Some bros met him as cpl.
Mental guy he was condemned case even demoted before can make it to csm?
All his men hated him but he was low profile and quiet as a mouse outside of camp.

Last edited:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
air defense folks which are RP right?

5 person per vehicle still better than my platoon. total strength only 19 included everybody. minus VCs, drivers, PC, PS, Medic, runner, 2x25mm gunners, only 7 riflemen.:rolleyes:

Nope, air defence are not RP.

The 5 person im talking about includes the V200 driver and a signaller.:biggrin:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
i did my bmt in 7 bts, nee soon camp, i remember there waa this beng, his mother came to camp and see oc of the company, citing that his beng son went crazy at home and lock himself in the room. he even spray paint in his room spelling i hate saf or fuck saf!

he was fast to downgrade after!

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
i did my bmt in 7 bts, nee soon camp, i remember there waa this beng, his mother came to camp and see oc of the company, citing that his beng son went crazy at home and lock himself in the room. he even spray paint in his room spelling i hate saf or fuck saf!

he was fast to downgrade after!

People will do all sort of things to make their life in NS easier. Some could not stand going for field camp or want to stay out and they will declare themselves to be 302. But after they booked out, you can see them holding hands with their gfs :eek:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
People will do all sort of things to make their life in NS easier. Some could not stand going for field camp or want to stay out and they will declare themselves to be 302. But after they booked out, you can see them holding hands with their gfs :eek:

i have a army friend from 3rd guards, he used to be very ruggard and garang. after learning and doing arts as a career, now he speaks with a broken wrist, and he declare that he is bi!never expect someone like him to be like that, really!

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Are You Guys Going To Pick Up An Arm ?

your name Johnny and you hate jazz?

This 80s song not bad but I think it's a bit sissy ? Maybe, we should hate war but I still think that war is a necessary evil. Revolution !

The video has got a fighter or bomber F4 Phantom ! So Vietnam type. It was replaced by the 'modern' Eagle F-15 ?

F-4%20Phantom%20II%20Fighter%20Plane%20Photo%20-%2001.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: When Are You Guys Going To Pick Up An Arm ?

I think the early F-16s replaced the aging A4s....
They extended lifespan as usual and became super sky hawks.
Then relegated to let Zoe Tay's hubby fly as black knights
The recent F-15s were to replace the F-5s

Last edited:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like raider, I too from tekong to armour.

I had the posting I want as my hero was Rommel.

Did Erwin Rommel died or he was lost in the desert ?

Erwin Johannes Eugen Rommel[1] (15 November 1891 – 14 October 1944), popularly known as the Desert Fox (Wüstenfuchs, listen (help·info)), was a German Field Marshal of World War II. He won the respect of both his own troops and the enemies he fought.

He was a highly decorated officer in World War I, and was awarded the Pour le Mérite for his exploits on the Italian front. In World War II, he further distinguished himself as the commander of the 7th Panzer Division during the 1940 invasion of France. However, it was his leadership of German and Italian forces in the North African campaign that established the legend of the Desert Fox. He is considered to have been one of the most skilled commanders of desert warfare in the conflict.[2][page needed] He later commanded the German forces opposing the Allied cross-channel invasion in Normandy.

As one of the few generals who consistently fought the Western Allies (he was never assigned to the Eastern Front), Rommel is regarded as having been a humane and professional officer. His Afrikakorps was never accused of war crimes. Soldiers captured during his Africa campaign were reported to have been treated humanely. Furthermore, he ignored orders to kill captured commandos, Jewish soldiers and civilians in all theaters of his command.[3]

Late in the war, Rommel was linked to the conspiracy to kill Adolf Hitler. Because Rommel was widely renowned, Hitler chose to eliminate him quietly; in trade for assurances his family would be spared, Rommel agreed to commit suicide.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
No 100% Thrust

I think the early F-16s replaced the aging A4s....
They extended lifespan as usual and became super sky hawks.
Then relegated to let Zoe Tay's hubby fly as black knights
The recent F-15s were to replace the F-5s

But F-5 has low payload, right ? It is so slim compared to the broad base of the F-4 that it can carry more weapons or armament like the present F-15E Strike Eagle. A4 ? Velly long long technology already lah.

F-5 slim built cannot take high Gs, rite ? I heard F-17 Hornet engines are so powerful that it will never need a 100% thrust.

AIR_F-18E_Super_Hornet_Parked_lg.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: No 100% Thrust

Me no areoplane buff but I know the purchase of F-15 was abit strange as there were many other better options.

Wanted to be RSAF pilot actually but they reject me on the grounds of my NCC record....knn offer me naval orificer instead.....I turned it down as contract was 8 long years.
Ended up in armour.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Army Sux ?

Me no areoplane buff but I know the purchase of F-15 was abit strange as there were many other better options.

Wanted to be RSAF pilot actually but they reject me on the grounds of my NCC record....knn offer me naval orificer instead.....I turned it down as contract was 8 long years.
Ended up in armour.

Why NCC means you cannot join RSAF ? Maybe, you are too 'army' already, even they 'tak boleh tahan' you. Too regimental ? :biggrin:

But, I was told that Junior Flying Club helps, rite ? RSAF and Navy seems to be better than Army.

I never get into this kind of regimental thing (including band) as my hobby or pastimes. Sports and clubs were great.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Army Sux ?

I joined NCC air because back when little boy already wanted be pilot.
Was very on and even joined junior flying club in tanglin to work towards my PPL.
But discovered girls then I was 15 and threw a spanner in the works.
The rest they said is history....

Why NCC means you cannot join RSAF ? Maybe, you are too 'army' already, even they 'tak boleh tahan' you. Too regimental ? :biggrin:

But, I was told that Junior Flying Club helps, rite ? RSAF and Navy seems to be better than Army.

I never get into this kind of regimental thing (including band) as my hobby or pastimes. Sports and clubs were great.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ten Years Of Wilderness

I joined NCC air because back when little boy already wanted be pilot.
Was very on and even joined junior flying club in tanglin to work towards my PPL.
But discovered girls then I was 15 and threw a spanner in the works.
The rest they said is history....

So, what had happen to you and the gals ? Must sign ten years, rite ? Worth it meh ? 12 ? Even this also got inflation.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rommel was a much better tactical general than most Allied generals. He was famous for attacking against enemies who had numerial advantage. he once bluff an italian battlion to surrender a Pass in the Alps in WW1 when he had only have a at most a company of lightly armed mountain troops. He a leader who can think on the move and very innovative as he use the anti aircraft 88mm into a fierce anti-tank weapon.

F5 was a cheap fighter built by Northrop which were view no good enough for US but were export in huge number. It an interceptor while the A4 skyhawk use as strike aircraft. Argentina use the skyhawk in the falkland war to attack the UK battle group.

No idea why SAF brought the F15SG strike eagle when F16 are good enough for air to m&d operation. Instead should just buy a air superiority fighter to replace the F5E.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
F5 was a cheap fighter built by Northrop which were view no good enough for US but were export in huge number. It an interceptor while the A4 skyhawk use as strike aircraft. Argentina use the skyhawk in the falkland war to attack the UK battle group.

Wow brother, I'm impressed by your knowledge in all these military stuffs :biggrin:

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had a very easy life in army, BMT with inexperience NCOs.
After BMT, went to Seletar camp for SMP course, i.e. clerk course,
learn how to type, documentation and filing.
Class from 8 to 5, transport provided, and train
with SAF women. Friday was sport day from 3 to 5.
So got to play games with them, they were all so hiong.
After 6 weeks of class, posted to SAFTI as a clerk.
Working hours 8 to 5, no stand by bed, master parade
guard duty or duty clerk. Never carried a rifle until my reservist.
Everyday sat inside office doing paper work and 1 month got 1 long week end.
I sent all the SAFTI other ranks updating to CPC, and they will feed into the computer
so every mistake we made, warrant a fine of $5. The job cannot be finished
because everyday people posted in lah or posted out, get promoted, kena charged..etc.
People wanted to take leave, draw SAF 1212 to draw store, especially the cooks.
I believe now with pc, the job is more easy.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the plus side: I met a 2LT (NS) who could never got promoted as he failed his IPPT yearly. Yet he was central to a BDE success during war games.

Also met a 3SG (NS) who is a science professor but bothering to turn up to take a break from the lab.