• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indon-Mudland football final macham Hillsborough'89 - 2 dead

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<cite>Story by Agence France Presse, Photos by the Associated Press</cite>

Two killed in SEA Games football final stampede

Two Indonesian football fans died in a stampede in Jakarta on Monday night at the Southeast Asia Games final against Malaysia, according to a report citing a paramedic.

85E977F94A5DB0D9D9EAE550A6A5.jpg

AP Photo

"When we found the victims, they were already dead," paramedic Abdul Majid told Detik.com news portal outside the stadium.

The two men wearing Indonesian red-and-white football team T-shirts were taken to hospital at 8:30 pm, around 90 minutes after the stampede broke out.

"As we were entering the stadium, the crowd of people pushed each other to make their way forward," Helmi, brother of one of the victims, told AFP.

"My brother was pushed away from me and we were separated. I then heard that some people had fallen and that people had died. I rushed to check and found my brother dead."

The identity of the second victim was unknown.

Local media reported that several other spectators had been taken to hospital, including a nine-year-old boy who had fallen into a coma.

Deadly stampedes at major sporting, music and religious events are common in Indonesia.

Violence at football games is also common, with disgruntled fans often throwing dangerous items onto the field after matches.

Earlier Monday, two men were arrested for burning down a ticket booth at the stadium upon learning the match had sold out, media reported.

2AB3D912E54C5B3FA792F2EF5098.jpg

Indonesian police officers evacuate an unconscious woman from the crowd after a stampede inside the stadium during the Southeast Asian Games final soccer match between Indonesia and Malaysia at Gelora Bung Karno stadium in Jakarta, Indonesia, Monday, Nov. 21, 2011. A stampede outside the stadium at the football final of the Southeast Asian Games has left two fans dead.

0B9796AEF9DCE2C1AEB193E7090A5.jpg

donesian police officers evacuate an unconscious woman from the crowd after the stampede

9591C676EB51A2CF7B43479ED92130.jpg

Indonesian police officers evacuate an unconscious woman from the crowd after a stampede inside the stadium during the Southeast Asian Games final soccer match between Indonesia and Malaysia at Gelora Bung Karno stadium in Jakarta, Indonesia. A stampede outside the stadium at the football final of the Southeast Asian Games has left two fans dead.

B0934E61FD64B08B59E2BCBD277BD.jpg

2D88BFEFE1893E21D930730B9F9F.jpg

Indonesian police officers evacuate a boy from the crowd