• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Indomie yummy - safe to eat

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cleared by our beloved AVA

Maybe AVA tell Taiwan to eat shit :o

Indomie noodles in Singapore safe to eat

SINGAPORE: Tests carried out on "Indomie" instant noodles in Singapore have shown no traces of chemical preservative, Para-hydroxy Benzoates.

The preservative is not allowed in instant noodles under Singapore's Food Regulations.

In a statement issued on Wednesday, Singapore's Agri Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) said it conducts regular checks on instant noodles as part of the food safety surveillance programme.

Following reports of Para-hydroxy Benzoates in the "Indomie" instant noodles in Taiwan, AVA took samples of the noodles for further investigation. - CNA/fa <!-- Zone Tag : Channel News asia In Text --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> innity_pub = "66368270ffd51418ec58bd793f2d9b1b"; innity_zone = "12251"; innity_width = "**"; innity_height = "**"; innity_country = "SG"; </SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://cdn.innity.com/network.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://as.innity.com/synd/66368270ffd51418ec58bd793f2d9b1b/12251/js/**/**/1287029013471/1287029013471"></SCRIPT>

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, Taiwanese instant noodles are also very delicious. There was once I was on a business trip to Canada and visited a Taiwanese friend who happened to be studying there. His kitchenette cabinet was stocked Taiwanese instant noodles. He said it's not available anywhere in Canada, not even in the Chinatown grocery stores. So he got his mother in Taiwan to ship it to him by the carton. Was it that delicious? I tried it and had to say yes, very. As good as original premium Japanese instant ramen, but at a fraction of the price (not counting the shipping cost). I asked him how Taiwanese made a simple fare so delicious? He said they add all kinds of junk inside for taste, heck care health. :eek:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, I've never eaten Indomie or any supposedly dry-fried instant noodle before. How do you cook it? Boil the noodle cake then drain the water and fry it?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, I've never eaten Indomie or any supposedly dry-fried instant noodle before. How do you cook it? Boil the noodle cake then drain the water and fry it?
IndoMie is not Mee Goreng lah, they have curry mee also, soup based.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IndoMie is not Mee Goreng lah, they have curry mee also, soup based.

I have limited experience with instant noodle. When I want to cook noodle at home, I usually cook Italian sphagetti or Japanese soba (for cold dry) or udon (for hot soup).

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have limited experience with instant noodle. When I want to cook noodle at home, I usually cook Italian sphagetti or Japanese soba (for cold dry) or udon (for hot soup).
Some Foie Gras with gnocchi also right? who the hell cares about what you eat other than IndoMie, duh...... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'teochew hao lian'....:p you sure don't know 'so mien', 'bee tai mark' ( aka low shue chai min) 'kai chai min' or 'har min' ( the dry ones, just drop in boiling water cooked for 3 mins)...

Ok!, you know only Italy mien or Japanese mien...hmmm!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'teochew hao lian'....:p you sure don't know 'so mien', 'bee tai mark' ( aka low shue chai min) 'kai chai min' or 'har min' ( the dry ones, just drop in boiling water cooked for 3 mins)...

Ok!, you know only Italy mien or Japanese mien...hmmm!

Oh at hawkers, I like Teochew meetahmak soup with fishballs only, not with mixed minced meat and mushroom shreds. As for Italian or Japanese cook-at-home noodles, there's nothing to be haolian about. It's not that expensive if you buy raw sticks and bottled sauces from supermarkets.

Don't be so xenopinkerphobic at the mention of Italian or Japanese. :cool:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh at hawkers, I like Teochew meetahmak soup with fishballs only, not with mixed minced meat and mushroom shreds. As for Italian or Japanese cook-at-home noodles, there's nothing to be haolian about. It's not that expensive if you buy raw sticks and bottled sauces from supermarkets.

Don't be so xenopinkerphobic at the mention of Italian or Japanese. :cool:

meetahmak ? ..... tak lu eh si lang tow ah !!:eek:

jw5

Loyal
Dry instant noodle don't need to fry.
After you drain the water, just add the ingredients, mix it up and can eat already.
Sometimes the ingredients are to be added to the boiling water, sometimes after draining. Read the instructions.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dry instant noodle don't need to fry.
After you drain the water, just add the ingredients, mix it up and can eat already.
Sometimes the ingredients are to be added to the boiling water, sometimes after draining. Read the instructions.

I see. Thanks. So it's like dry noodle, not really fried noodle.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, Taiwanese instant noodles are also very delicious. QUOTE]

is it 滿漢大餐

images