• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

India presses Singapore to take in more Indian FTs !!! Can we tahan?

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...en-up-services-sector/articleshow/6623486.cms

NEW DELHI: India has asked Singapore to open up more services to allow a greater number of Indian professionals access the island nation’s cost accountancy and hospitality sectors. A comprehensive bilateral trade agreement between the two countries is being reviewed. “We want to take advantage of the second review to get more in services and are exploring all possibilities,” a commerce department official told ET.

Besides requesting Singapore to take deeper commitments in medical, health-related and education services, India needs to ask for expanding the existing list of 127 occupations by which professionals are allowed entry into Singapore, pointed out Amit Mitra, secretary general, Ficci. “The additional list has to include chefs, physiotherapists, nurses, school teachers, nutritionists, professionals in entertainment and hospitality sectors,” he said.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking at how they handle the coming Commonwealth Games, I would think twice about allowing more of these idiots onto our Island.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody> <tr class="msghead"> <td><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr class="msghead" valign="top"> <td class="msgF" width="1%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">From: </td> <td class="msgFname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">So What? I Am FOREIGNER! (lpplking) <nobr></nobr> </td> <td class="msgDate" width="30%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">5:32 am </td></tr> <tr class="msghead"> <td class="msgT" width="1%" align="right" height="20" nowrap="nowrap">To: </td> <td class="msgTname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">kojakbt_89 <nobr></nobr>unread</td> <td class="msgNum" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> (3 of 3) </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr> <td class="msgleft" rowspan="4" width="1%"> </td> <td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">39236.3 in reply to 39236.2 </td></tr> <tr> <td height="8">
</td></tr> <tr> <td class="msgtxt"> Singapore, here we come!
1.1227330060.and-itxs-not-even-rush-hourx.jpg

mumbai_trains_doorways_23.jpg

1.1235766720.mumbai-commuter-train.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...en-up-services-sector/articleshow/6623486.cms

NEW DELHI: India has asked Singapore to open up more services to allow a greater number of Indian professionals access the island nation’s cost accountancy and hospitality sectors. A comprehensive bilateral trade agreement between the two countries is being reviewed. “We want to take advantage of the second review to get more in services and are exploring all possibilities,” a commerce department official told ET.

Besides requesting Singapore to take deeper commitments in medical, health-related and education services, India needs to ask for expanding the existing list of 127 occupations by which professionals are allowed entry into Singapore, pointed out Amit Mitra, secretary general, Ficci. “The additional list has to include chefs, physiotherapists, nurses, school teachers, nutritionists, professionals in entertainment and hospitality sectors,” he said.

what the.....?
have u seen the IT dept at credit sussie, citibank, standchart? gosh!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i buay tahan India indian.... and second Pinoy.

The rest is ok...

Pinoy and PRC girls are alright as nurses. They sayang me very well tenderly when I was hospitalised. And it's true that Singapore girls wanting to be nurses are getter rarer and rarer. If they sent an Indian nurse to tend to me, I'd worry if I could survive and get discharged alive. With the education system and general affluence, any Singapore girl so interested in medical science might as well go all the way in study to become a medical doctor, what for be a nurse?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why doesnt the PAP govt take care of its own people by also asking for such things from the North American countries in the NAFTA?

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they sent an Indian nurse to tend to me, I'd worry if I could survive and get discharged alive.

Ramseth, you might be interested to read this:

http://www.londonpatriot.org/2010/0...ld-barely-speak-english-and-refused-to-learn/

The latest example is laid bare by the Daily Mail which reported recently about a bungling foreign nurse who could barely understand English and refused to learn the language.

The Nursing and Midwifery Council heard that Biju John 38, could not even tell one department from another. The Indian nurse also had a somewhat limited knowledge of basic nursing skills, and did nothing when a patient was struggling to breathe, the tribunal was told.

The council heard that John should have started basic airway management as the man gasped for breath after coming round from an operation. But instead he had to be helped by a colleague who rushed over when he heard the man’s wheezing from the other side of the ward. The tribunal was told John almost caused another patient to go into anaphylactic shock when he wore latex gloves to treat him despite being told he was allergic to the material.

John, who trained in India before starting work on the Peri Anaesthetic Care Unit (PACU) at Leicester Royal Infirmary in 2003, often could not understand what staff or patients were telling him, the tribunal was told. But John insisted he was able to understand instructions and wrote to the tribunal stating: ‘I never be confused at all.’(sic)

Deborah Baljit, for the NMC, told the hearing: ‘The predominant concerns were his communication skills and his ability to understand instructions and react to them. ‘He did not complete the English lessons he was told to undertake, nor did he enrol at the college.

‘He had to take responsibility for taking English lessons but it appears that he failed to do so.’ As a new staff member, John was already on a period of supervised practice but this was extended when he failed to meet the hospital’s required standards. The incident with the latex gloves occurred a few weeks into the job in July 2003.

The hospital devised a set of objectives for John to meet, which included completing an assessment of basic nursing skills and meeting a required standard of English so he could effectively communicate with staff and colleagues. But he failed to reach the targets that had been set for him and was kept on supervised practice.

After further problems, a disciplinary meeting was scheduled for January 20, 2005 but John quit seven days before. He was later reported to his regulating body. Ms Baljit added: ‘Given the intensive support and assistance, he was still unable to achieve the competencies required of him.’

John, from Cambridge, was found guilty of seven charges relating to his lack of competency when he worked at the hospital between July 2003 and December 2004. These include failing to complete basic skills required of a nurse, not demonstrating his English was sufficient to communicate with colleagues effectively, which gave rise to the incident with the latex gloves, and failing to take appropriate action when a patient’s oxygen levels dropped. He was cleared of mistaking the Surgical Assessment Unit for the Surgical Acute Care Unit.

I am surprised to hear that the hospital this Indian nurse worked at had not taken action before these events, but I suspect its managers had no wish to be accused of ’institutional racism’, because we nationalists know only too well how the EHRC is ready at the drop of a hat to take legal action against anyone they think is discriminating against blacks and Asians.

How many patients need to die before this absurd policy of positive discrimination, regardless of ability is stopped?

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

I m not too sure if Indians can give anyone a feeling of international confidences when the Commonwealth games looks likely not to happen.

We sure dont need that leevel of incomptences here when our own was just a few steps behind.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ramseth, you might be interested to read this:

http://www.londonpatriot.org/2010/0...ld-barely-speak-english-and-refused-to-learn/

The latest example is laid bare by the Daily Mail which reported recently about a bungling foreign nurse who could barely understand English and refused to learn the language.

Like I've said, Pinoy and PRC nurses are alright for me in Singapore. Pinoys speak English and PRCs speak Chinese. I wouldn't even mind Thai nurses since I speak Thai too. However, though I speak Japanese too, I wouldn't expect Japanese nurses here as Japan is facing shortages themselves and if they come, they'd come at A++ rates of salaries.